The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Vote_lcapRaphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Voting_barRaphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Vote_lcapRaphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Voting_barRaphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Empty
PostSubject: Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card   Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Dos-an10

(HE PULLED OUT WITH THAT LITTLE BRUI-*barfs*)

Quote :
Considering that Rafael Dos Anjos basically destroyed the sport of MMA by pulling out of UFC 196 at the last minute (or so some fans and lesser MMA “analysts” would have you believe), you’d think that lightweight champion would be keeping a low profile and awaiting whatever opponent the UFC was generous enough to grant him next. I mean, the guy set into motion a series of events that would result in Conor McGregor losing a fight, which is a travesty on par with Josh Barnett killing Affliction (again, I’m just quoting some of my esteemed Twitter colleagues here).

Suffice it to say, Dos Anjos (which is Portuguese for “Two Vaginas,” I’m told) is in no position to be calling anyone out — not even McGregor, who I’ve also been recently informed was never all that great a fighter to begin with – but wouldn’t you know it, he’s gone and done it anyway, and against another champion, no less!

Speaking with Ariel Helwani on yesterday’s MMA Hour, Dos Anjos admitted that, although he’s lost his “payday” fight with McGregor as a result of his recent injury, he would be willing to make it up to the UFC, sort of, by facing welterweight champion Robbie Lawler at UFC 200.

“I have a lot of energy, I want to do stuff, but I can’t yet. But it’s fine. I’m going to be back in four or five weeks. I’m up for UFC 200,” said Dos Anjos.

“I don’t know the UFC’s plans, but I’m here, man. I’m here to fight anybody. I’ll fight welterweight too, if they need. I respect Robbie Lawler, but if UFC needs somebody to fight for the welterweight (title), I would fight.”

Oh right, you were afraid to fight the lion, but now you want to fight the great white shark (or perhaps “modern day Cthulhu” is a more accurate comparison?) that is Robbie Lawler? Well WE. AIN’T. BUYING. IT.

FACT: Rafael Dos Anjos ran scared from the biggest fight of his life with an injury that some ibuprofen and an Icy Hot pad would have healed 100% in less than 48 hrs. Our evidence? YOU CAN’T RUN ON A BROKEN FOOT, YOU GUYS.

FACT: Robbie Lawler eats a bowl of nails for breakfast every day (without any milk) and will still come at you, bro, even after you have kicked a piece of his face off.

In conclusion, the UFC would be foolish bordering on insane to book this fight, which would almost certainly result in Dos Anjos pulling out due to a bad case of Restless Leg Syndrome and being replaced by Nate Diaz yet again.

Actually, short notice Diaz vs. Cthulhu Lawler sounds like a real barnburner of a fight, so go ahead and book this, Dana!!

http://www.cagepotato.com/with-his-payday-now-dead-and-gone-rafael-dos-anjos-calls-for-robbie-lawler-fight-at-ufc-200/
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10240

Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card   Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 9:25 am

is rda punchdrunk? the ww division is one of the most stacked divisions that has multiple talent and guys who are deserving of a title shot above rda.. its ridiculous at this point just fight your fights and leave this wanna be superfight shit behind. rda is a great fighter but why in the hell would anyone want to see him fight lawler? nate diaz would be a great fight against lawler and I'm even skeptical about that match up.

man I hope ufc 200 pulls out a lot of surprise entertaining fights and not just guys who are looking to make millions off of one fight.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card   Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 9:16 pm

Yeah I think this shit needs to stop.
This is one of the reasons I didn't want to see McGregor jumping around weight classes. At least RDA can say he has a title defense in his pocket, so in his mind he has more or a case to take a super fight than McGregor!
It's just a door I wish was never opened, because we're gonna be hearing a lot more of this nonsense, I guarantee it.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10240

PostSubject: Re: Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card   Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:54 am

yeah, I couldn't agree more. UFC seems to have lost a bit of control as a whole. I hope they change things up because it is starting to seem a bit unorganized.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card   Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Raphael dos Anjos Willing to Fight Robbie Lawler If That's What it Takes to Get on UFC 200 Card
Page 1 of 1