The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Vote_lcapUFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Voting_barUFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Vote_lcapUFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Voting_barUFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)

Go down 
+2
norcalmatt
Triggerman99
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Empty
PostSubject: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 5:20 pm

Press conference starts around 27:00.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16381

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 6:02 pm

lets go nate!!!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 6:09 pm

aftr watching that I change my tune. conor will beat diaz..

its so strange to see diaz get battered in trash talking. he had nothing against conor.

conor looks like he is 185 pounds. crazy.

diaz knows he is going to get beat you could sense it and that's the first I ever saw him like that
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 1:41 am

Losing in trash talking prefight has nothing to do with losing an actual fight. I don't put any stock into Conor talking Nate into a corner. Nate probably has about less than a quarter of Conor's vocabulary and wit, so it's no surprise that Conor was able to talk circles around him.

With that said, I think Conor still wins the fight. But with superior technique and versatility, not trash talking victories.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 10:16 am

Who looks the most like Spock?
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:52 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Losing in trash talking prefight has nothing to do with losing an actual fight. I don't put any stock into Conor talking Nate into a corner. Nate probably has about less than a quarter of Conor's vocabulary and wit, so it's no surprise that Conor was able to talk circles around him.

With that said, I think Conor still wins the fight. But with superior technique and versatility, not trash talking victories.

conor did taLK NATE INTO a corner.. nate tried to come out hard and finished soft.. saying things like hey its the diaz show too don't forget that, don't worry if I'm in shape I'm gonna fight, its kill or be killed, I know a 145 pounder that could beat you, playing the air drums, refusing to answer a question from one of the reporters, then resorting to steroid allegations are not typical of how he promotes his fights. nate usually tells it how it is how he will finish the fight and goes into details about the other guy but nate was shut down. lets see his antics in the ring when they fight. that will really allow us to see if conor broke him or not. I think this is the first time you will see diaz fight scared/timid.

the more I think of it I don't think its trash talking I think its conors confidence talking and that might be just as powerful as his actions in his cage.

with that being said I hope diaz pulls guard and taps conor out.

Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 11:53 am

Krieger wrote:
Who looks the most like Spock?

dennis Bermudez without a tan
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 4:14 pm

drainbamage wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

conor did taLK NATE INTO a corner.. nate tried to come out hard and finished soft.. saying things like hey its the diaz show too don't forget that, don't worry if I'm in shape I'm gonna fight, its kill or be killed, I know a 145 pounder that could beat you, playing the air drums, refusing to answer a question from one of the reporters, then resorting to steroid allegations are not typical of how he promotes his fights. nate usually tells it how it is how he will finish the fight and goes into details about the other guy but nate was shut down. lets see his antics in the ring when they fight. that will really allow us to see if conor broke him or not. I think this is the first time you will see diaz fight scared/timid.

the more I think of it I don't think its trash talking I think its conors confidence talking and that might be just as powerful as his actions in his cage.

Yeah but all of that is just because Nate just isn't smart enough to have a coherent response, not because he was spooked by Conor.
Yeah, Nate usually has more to say, but Conor doesn't let anyone get a word in edgewise, and a battle of wits and trying to intellectually out point someone just isn't Nate's style. It's "Fuck you, bitch!", "Stockton 209, motherfucker!", rinse, repeat. He did that, Conor just kept talking, so Nate really at that point said all be had to say, or ever really has to say for that matter.
I wouldn't read too much into it, that's all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 4:20 pm

UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Dd4c4810
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7951

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 10:31 pm

it would have been a different story if it were Nick in there. Much wittier and faster with response. Plus, the fight would be more interesting too
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

Yeah but all of that is just because Nate just isn't smart enough to have a coherent response, not because he was spooked by Conor.
Yeah, Nate usually has more to say, but Conor doesn't let anyone get a word in edgewise, and a battle of wits and trying to intellectually out point someone just isn't Nate's style. It's "Fuck you, bitch!", "Stockton 209, motherfucker!", rinse, repeat. He did that, Conor just kept talking, so Nate really at that point said all be had to say, or ever really has to say for that matter.
I wouldn't read too much into it, that's all I'm saying.

conor is a smart guy and he is brilliant at the art of trash talking and hyping fights. pretty cool to see this going on in the mma world right now.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)   UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video) Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz Press Conference (video)
Page 1 of 1