The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Vote_lcapConor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Voting_barConor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Vote_lcapConor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Voting_barConor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Empty
PostSubject: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:41 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/2/9252003/mcgregor-im-done-with-featherweight-after-aldo-unless-edgar-earns-it

LOS ANGELES -- If Conor McGregor defeats UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo at UFC 194, he's done with the competition at 145 pounds.

"I'm hoping Jose will show up," McGregor said at a media event in downtown LA. "I'm going to retire him, end his career, and then I've done what I've said I'll do. I said I'm going to kill the featherweight division, there's nobody left."

But there's an asterisk at the end of McGregor's statement. The interim featherweight champion conceded that should Frankie Edgar put on a show against Chad Mendes on Dec. 11, that could cause him to postpone a move up to lightweight.

"If Frankie was to put on a phenomenal performance and stop Chad, or maybe something like that, then I can say, alright, let's answer the Frankie question, let's shut him down real quick," McGregor said. "But in my mind, I'm thinking, I'm going to unify the belts, I'm going to destroy the division, and then I'm going to take the lightweight division as well. That's where I'm headed right now."

Even though he's yet to unify the featherweight gold, McGregor's already throwing barbs at the top of the 155-pound pack. McGregor says a run at the lightweight title is purely about pursuing a championship legacy, since he's already making considerably more money than Rafael dos Anjos and Donald Cerrone, who will compete for the lightweight belt on Dec. 19.

"I wouldn't want to fight a lightweight guy to get the numbers because who the f---, Rafael has nothing, Donald has nothing," McGregor said. "Rafael will be looking to make six figures this fight, and rightfully so. He shouldn't even make six figures, because he doesn't even bring in six figures. Donald will scrape six figures because he shows up and fights every couple of weeks. But he don't earn much more than that. I already have the numbers, so when I go to the lightweight division, it will be to gain more gold, to warm up my other shoulder."
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 am

fan of conor but i cant wait until he gets ktfo
he is great at promoting he has that magical charm where you want to watch him fight because you hope he loses. similar fighters ronda, fmj, hulk hogan and mike tyson of the 1980s
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:14 pm

"Magical charm"??

Come on, just call him a leprechaun! You know you want to!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:57 pm

its exactly what i was thinking while eating my lucky charms..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it   Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it Empty

Back to top Go down

Conor McGregor: I'm done with featherweight after Jose Aldo, unless Frankie Edgar earns it
Page 1 of 1