The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Vote_lcapWSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Voting_barWSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Vote_lcapWSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Voting_barWSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Empty
PostSubject: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Quote :
World Series of Fighting took swift action against Rousimar Palhares and stripped the Brazilian of the welterweight title.

WSOF president Ray Sefo made the announcement on Tuesday’s edition of The MMA Hour. The organization not only stripped Palhares of the belt, they suspended the 35-year-old indefinitely for repeatedly eye-gouging Jake Shields and holding onto a submission after Shields tapped out at WSOF 22 on August 1.

“Not only did he do it once or twice,” Sefo said about the eye-gouges. “He did it numerous times. And he was warned by the referee on four different occasions.”

The Nevada State Athletic commission is reviewing the fight and has withheld Palhares’ win bonus. Shields could also face disciplinary action for punching Palhares following the fight for not letting go of the submission.

Palhares was released by the UFC in 2013 for holding onto a submission too long against Mike Pierce at UFC Fight Night 29. He was suspended for doing the same thing to Tomasz Drwal at UFC 111 in 2010.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/wsof-strips-rousimar-palhares-of-welterweight-title-and-suspends-him-indefinitely

Well that's two orgs that have enough of this guy and his shit!

Will Bellator even think about signing him????

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:02 am

I dont think Bellator will take that chance. Dude has a really bad rep in both the MMA and grappling world. At the rate he is going no one will agree to a fight with them. Not that there scared to fight him but more so they dont want the risk of a major injury because he cant control himself.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:30 am

He's still denying any intentional wrongdoing too, just like all the other times he's pulled this crap!!

He's either a blatant liar or a bonafide psychopath who really, legitimately does not think he's done anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:41 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
He's still denying any intentional wrongdoing too, just like all the other times he's pulled this crap!!

He's either a blatant liar or a bonafide psychopath who really, legitimately does not think he's done anything wrong.

The sad part buddy, i cant decide which one it is either. lol!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 2:27 pm

Gecko wrote:

Triggerman99 wrote:

The sad part buddy, i cant decide which one it is either.  lol!

Yeah I know, right???

After the 1st or 2nd time, I was like "Dude's an asshole".
Then after the 3rd or 4th, I was like "Dude's gotta be mildly retarded or something".
Now I don't know what to think! I'm still inclined to go with "asshole", but given the fact that he genuinely seems like he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about, I gotta think he is at least somewhat mentally deficient. I remember his camp coming to his defense and saying something along those lines; like he's not mean, he's just kind of like a big, stupid-ass dog who doesn't know any better and thinks he's just playing with the cat he just disemboweled (I'm paraphrasing). but Jesus......his coaches STILL haven't found a way to make him understand after he's done this for the 259th time?!

But really, it doesn't matter whether he's a sadistic bastard or a complete friggin moron, someone needs to make him understand that he can't do this.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10249

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 5:51 pm

WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken.0

i hate to say this but i dont think this submission was held on too long. I think if this were any other fighter it would be looked upon as a regular submission.

3:01- applies submission
2:59- jake starts to tap
2:58 - mazagatti taps paulharris
2:57 - paulharris let go.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 5:53 pm

but given his history i guess it is suspect after watching the gif.. i dont know im on the fence with this one.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Check out this really good video breakdown that Joe Lauzon did in regards to Palharres "only holding submissions for just an extra second".

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/joe-lauzon-debunks-idea-rousimar-palhares-holds-submissions-just-an-extra-second

Also, keep in mind that Palharres is not merely holding position; he's torquing on the arm/leg/whatever with all of his strength. There's just no excuse to do that for a full 2 seconds after the opponent has frantically begun tapping out.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Check out this really good video breakdown that Joe Lauzon did in regards to Palharres "only holding submissions for just an extra second".

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/joe-lauzon-debunks-idea-rousimar-palhares-holds-submissions-just-an-extra-second

Also, keep in mind that Palharres is not merely holding position; he's torquing on the arm/leg/whatever with all of his strength. There's just no excuse to do that for a full 2 seconds after the opponent has frantically begun tapping out.

im not defending rosumier in any way but you dont let go of the submission until the ref grabs you not when the competitor taps on you.

thats a great video and im sure terrible damage could be done but in the breakdown of the video the submission is held under a second from when the ref was on him and for that reason i think it is questionable but not n intentional act. but again holding him under a microscope it makes it look 1000 times worse than what it is imo
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 6:35 pm

mazzagatti fast taps him 6 times. fast tap your computer chair 6 times and i would assume the average fighter would let go after the 3rd or 4th tap from the ref and rosumier held on for 2 or 3 extra taps which equates to a fraction of a second.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Well I don't think it should be looked at by number of seconds or half-seconds or whatever. As has been noted, seconds seem short in the grand scheme of thing, but can be a lifetime in certain circumstances. Sprint racing, for instance. In an Olympic 100m dash, if one runner beats another by even 1 second, he absolutely smoked him. Same thing in how long a QB holds onto a ball before throwing it, or how long after you see a deer in the road it takes you to apply your brakes, etc. One whole second can be a very long time in certain scenarios is all I'm saying.
I think instead it should be looked at as how long he holds submissions vs how long the average fighter holds submissions, like Lauzon demonstrated.
Let's say Lauzon holds his submissions an average amount of time after being signaled (touched) by the ref to release the hold. His average is 0.199 seconds.

Palharres averages 1.074 seconds.
That's 5 1/2 times longer than Lauzon (or the "average" fighter).
Now, we can argue that 1 second is or is not that long in any given scenario, but holding his submissions an average of 5 1/2 times longer than other fighters is hard to justify by any logic.

I think it's pretty obvious why he's under a microscope.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7956

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:22 am

This asshole obviously, without questions, has an anger issue.
Anyone that has ever grappled or rolled or whatever you want to call it, will testify to him holding it too long, and even more so, on purpose. Every time I have ever submitted my opponent, I have been aware of it from the onset, and let go as soon as i feel the tap, because
!. i am a normal human being and i do not feel good about hurting others
2. it is a martial art, where respect and self control are taught
3 it is a sport with rules.
this douche is missing all three
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:38 am

^^^^^^^^

well said commie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title   WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title Empty

Back to top Go down

WSOF Suspends Rousimar Palharres Indefinitely and Strips Him of Welterweight Title
Page 1 of 1