The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell Vote_lcapClint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell Voting_barClint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell Vote_lcapClint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell Voting_barClint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell Empty
PostSubject: Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell   Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Quote :
So I’m trolling my way through r/MMA this morning because I am a legitimate MMA journalist and that is how I start the morning hunt for news, when I come across this mini-gallery of standing elbows in MMA. While it’s missing most of the classics (Silva-Fryklund and Mein-Cyborg come to mind), it does include a gif of one of my personal favorites: Clint Hester vs. Bristol Marunde from the TUF 17 Finale. Just an absolutely beautiful bit of violence, there.

Being unable to remember the last time I saw Hester in the octagon, I start Googling “Headbussa” (eesh) to find out what he’s been up to. The answer is an all too familiar one for fighters these days: Dealing with an injury. Specifically, Hester has been recuperating a broken foot that forced him out of his Fight Night 63 scrap with Luke Barnatt just last month. Funny how you forget who’s been out for how long when you’re reading/writing about injuries every day (looking at you, Khabib, Gusty, Cain, Dominic…).

Anyways, while catching up on the whereabouts of Hester, I happen to stumble across a video from his (apparent) muay Thai days back in 2010. In it, Hester finishes his opponent with a SUPERMAN ELBOW that looks like something straight out of a comic book. My question is: Has everyone already seen this video? And if so, why does it not receive more praise for being the technical brilliance it displays?

You guys should probably give this video a look, is what I’m saying.

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell   Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:59 pm

HOLY FUCK! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell   Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:51 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a superman elbow before, much less one as pretty as that!

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell   Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:14 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers very nice, very nice indeed.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell   Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:51 am

Clint Hester shared this on his twitter cheers
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

PostSubject: Re: Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell   Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:11 am

damn son
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell   Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell Empty

Back to top Go down

Clint Hester and the Superman Elbow From Hell
Page 1 of 1