The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley Vote_lcapKelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley Voting_barKelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley Vote_lcapKelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley Voting_barKelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10240

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley Empty
PostSubject: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley   Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Kelvin Gastelum took a big step up this past weekend with a win over Jake Ellenberger. In January, he’ll have a chance to take another. UFC officials today announced Gastelum (10-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) will meet Tyron Woodley (14-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) in the co-main event of UFC 183, which takes place at Jan. 31 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The undefeated Gastelum has been on a torrid pace in the UFC, earning “The Ultimate Fighter 17″ title with an April 2013 win over Uriah Hall and then adding victories over Brian Melancon, Rick Story, Nico Musoke and, most recently, Ellenberger in a scintillating victory at UFC 180. wrote:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/11/kelvin-gastelum-vs-tyron-woodley-added-to-ufc-183-in-las-vegas

will be a great fight
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley   Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 5:09 pm

I'm inclined to take Woodley in this one, just because he's basically superior to Gastellum in every phase of the game (aside from probably submission offense, which, if Woodley has any, he seems to have no desire to use it).
But Gastellum is just a straight up dog, and he's tenacious as hell. I think that's what ultimately won him the Ellenberger fight, and though he's probably not gonna catch Woodley sleeping like he did with Ellenberger, he may be able to surprise him to some degree.

Woodley by split decision.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley   Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:58 am

well crap both guys are on my fantasy team. Looks like i gotta bench one. I actually give a slight advantage to Gastellum. On paper i see them pretty even. Woodly has a little more power in his hands i think but Kelvin faced off ate punches from hall,story and ellenberger so i am convinced his chin can handle woodley. I think ground game is pretty close to stale mate and to be honest Kelvin has the better cardio by a mile. I see Kelvin losing round 1 but then bouncing back to take rounds 2 and 3 for a 29-28 UD.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley   Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 8:18 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
I'm inclined to take Woodley in this one, just because he's basically superior to Gastellum in every phase of the game (aside from probably submission offense, which, if Woodley has any, he seems to have no desire to use it).
But Gastellum is just a straight up dog, and he's tenacious as hell. I think that's what ultimately won him the Ellenberger fight, and though he's probably not gonna catch Woodley sleeping like he did with Ellenberger, he may be able to surprise him to some degree.

Woodley by split decision.

This is exactly how I feel as well, but surprisingly im gonna pick gastelum. Fool me once shame on you fool me 5 times now, nope lol. I am betting on the kid until he loses now.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10240

PostSubject: Re: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley   Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:33 pm

depends on which woodley shows up.

tw by ko

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley T-Wood

would you look at the size of his fist.... jeeeeeez.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley   Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley Empty

Back to top Go down

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tyron Woodley
Page 1 of 1