The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok Vote_lcapWith no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok Voting_barWith no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok Vote_lcapWith no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok Voting_barWith no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10262

With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok Empty
PostSubject: With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok   With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 am

As reported on UFC Tonight's Ariel Helwani, "Bones" and his management team are in talks to form a sponsorship partner in Reebok. The report also said that he's in talks with other major names, but that the shoe and apparel company is on the leaderboard.

Jones has been a seminal figure in North American mixed martial arts for landing two of the most coveted sports sponsors going -- Nike and Gatorade. When he fought Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165 in Sept. 2013, Jones had only those symbols on his fight trunks. Nike released a line of shoes for Jones, as well as t-shirts that read "Bones Knows," which were a play off the "Bo Knows" campaign in the late-1980s, centered on multi-sport behemoth Bo Jackson.

If Jones signs a deal with Reebok, he'll become the latest UFC champion to represent the brand. Lightweight champion Anthony Pettis signed a deal with Reebok in June, and welterweight champion Johny Hendricks is also part of the Reebok family.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/29/7112547/with-no-more-nike-deal-jon-jones-in-talks-with-reebok

hes a bad athlete to sponsor and to sign to a huge deal... Nike was smart in dropping him. He wont sell product and he has these occasional mess ups that are bad for him as a champion and the sport in general. He might be the only champion to never have a strong following base.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15334

PostSubject: Re: With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok   With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:14 pm

If there is any UFC champ right now that would be risky business to sponsor, it is easily hands down Jones. i just dont get it. When he first started off he was quiet and respectful with small hints of modest. To now he is a full blown cry baby/diva that goes out of his way to mock UFC fans and he thinks it's funny? I remember when all the talk around jones was along the lines of oh man this kid is a monster and this kid is running through the ranks like a beast to now all we hear about is Jones is a douche and jones is a cry baby.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok   With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:55 pm

i remember they were pushing him as this super religious, honest, family loving, all american new breed of martial artist with a great image.
then he started making money and has some fame and he completely did a 360.
i personally think jones is an exciting fighter and he is extremely skilled as a professional fighter but as a man he is the last guy i would ever want to hang out with/drink a beer/ or be in a prison shower with.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35202

PostSubject: Re: With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok   With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:27 pm

drainbamage wrote:
i remember they were pushing him as this super religious, honest, family loving, all american new breed of martial artist with a great image.
i personally think jones is an exciting fighter and he is extremely skilled as a professional fighter but as a man he is the last guy i would ever want to hang out with/drink a beer/ or be in a prison shower with.

Guessing this is a size thing?
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok   With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:32 pm

stock wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

im irish MMA Purist
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15334

PostSubject: Re: With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok   With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

drainbamage wrote:

stock wrote:

drainbamage wrote:

im irish MMA Purist

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok   With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok Empty

Back to top Go down

With no more Nike deal, Jon Jones now in talks with Reebok
Page 1 of 1