The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer Vote_lcap‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer Voting_bar‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer Vote_lcap‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer Voting_bar‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22855

‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer Empty
PostSubject: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Quote :
We can admit that the very first teaser trailer of Lionsgate’s upcoming Conan The Barbarian remake hit the web, we were far from impressed. It looked much like if Clash of the Titans and The Scorpion King had a baby, and that baby was not very pretty. Now, months later, we’re getting some killer action and things are finally starting to look awesome.

The film couldn’t come at a better time for star Jason Momoa, as he’s on top of the pop culture world after playing Khal Drogo on the first season of HBO’s Game of Thrones. Now he’s really stretching outside his comfort zone and playing a barbarian that screws and kills…everything. Here’s the synopsis.

A quest that begins as a personal vendetta for the fierce Cimmerian warrior soon turns into an epic battle against hulking rivals, horrific monsters, and impossible odds, as Conan realizes he is the only hope of saving the great nations of Hyboria from an encroaching reign of supernatural evil.
http://theflickcast.com/2011/06/21/conan-the-barbarian-finally-looks-badass-with-a-new-red-band-trailer/

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10310

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:23 pm

The only negative I have to say is that the dude that plays Conan simply isn't big enough. You can't replace a roided out Mr. Olympia winner from the 80's with a physically fit gym rat. The new Conan needs to be as bigger than Arnold...he needs to be the size of a current Mr. Olympia....Lee Haney size...Dorian Yates size damnit!

Like when they re-did The Hulk...they replaced Lou Feriggno with a computer generated character...NOOO!! The original was a human that was the biggest at the time all roided up...do it again! Dudes are freakishly big now...they look comic book-ish....how more perfect could it be to use them for a comic book character??
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10310

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Well...maybe not use actually Mr. Olympia contestants because I'm sure their acting skills aren't up to par...but I bet there are some pretty ridiculously big dudes out there with acting licks.

Or heck...for someone playing the Hulk who needs acting skills? They'd just have to act like they do in the gym everyday.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5736

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:46 am

Momoa looks pretty good. Ive been a Conan fan since feeding a Conan comic addiction all through the 80's. I liked Arnold but I think Momoa can pull it off. I will however miss the accent.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Saw it yesterday... damn ... I probably would have liked it more if I wasnt shuch an Arnie fan.

Good movie Momoa did a good job..... but sigh... he needs the juice and perhaps some HGH... maybe a bit of crack to extend those hard work outs..... (heh no drug testing for being a movie star... just ask Sly and Ahnold)
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22855

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Laughing Yeah, I almost watched it today... I worked instead. Reep needs his shirts!
But I think from everything I have seen, Mommoa is actually a better Conan than Arnold. Looks wise IMO, from when I read the comics, Mommoa looks just like him when compared to Arnie. Lookin forward to watchin this one.
So Arnie aside, out of Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven how many stars would you give it?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15329

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:51 am

Well it6 looks like it bombed pretty bad in the theaters. It just made over 10 million on opening weekend. While rise of the apes drew in 28 million and heck even final destination 5 pulled in over 18 million. Plus i am not sure if you all have heard but Stan lee inc. is suing for 100% of the proceeds. It looks like the director did not have the rights to make this movie. I think i am going to wait for 3d blu ray to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15329

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:52 am

on a funny note any one notice that bob sapp is in this movie
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Crap ... no Conan II
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer   ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

‘Conan The Barbarian’ Finally Looks Badass With A New Red Band Trailer
Page 1 of 1