The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anyone still watching TUF? Vote_lcapAnyone still watching TUF? Voting_barAnyone still watching TUF? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anyone still watching TUF? Vote_lcapAnyone still watching TUF? Voting_barAnyone still watching TUF? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
    Affiliates
    free forum

Anyone still watching TUF?

Go down 
    +2
    Triggerman99
    samger2
    6 posters
    AuthorMessage
    samger2
    Pro Fighter
    Pro Fighter
    samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

Anyone still watching TUF? Empty
    PostSubject: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:04 pm

I won't waste much energy here, but wow, hands down worst season yet. These guys are absolutely pathetic. Dana has had to tell them more than once to step it up. Anyone else have thoughts?
    Back to top Go down
    Triggerman99
    Title Holder
    Title Holder
    Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:49 pm

I was thinking about this last night when I was watching it. I thought to myself "Why has no one  started a thread yet for this TUF on our forum? Oh yeah! because this season sucks huge balls, that's why!!" lol!

But yeah, Dana gets a little cranky every season because the fighters aren't "going for it" enough, but this season I'm with him 100%. These guys are cruising by on some of the safest, most boring collective fights I can remember seeing on TUF.

After Dana went off on everybody this week, I'm guessing we're gonna get another off the wall crazy BJ Penn move. He's probably gonna kick somebody off his team or something!
    Back to top Go down
    samger2
    Pro Fighter
    Pro Fighter
    samger2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:51 pm

It's one thing when the fights are boring, but for EVERY single fighter to pump themselves up saying it's going to be a one sided beat down and he's going to smash and drop the hammer and blah blah blah. That's all fine and dandy unless you hardly throw a punch.
    Back to top Go down
    Chrom
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer
    Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:58 pm

No, I actually watched the most recent Brazil TUF more than BJ/Edgar TUF. Sounds like my decision is sound.
    Back to top Go down
    Gecko
    Title Holder
    Title Holder
    Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:24 am

Agree with every one else. i have been watching it and all i can say ......IT SUCKS!!!!!! The only bit of saving grace i can give this season is that there some upsets that i didn't think would happen. but that one fight when the dude got a point taken away in the 3rd round and still won the fight is beyond me just makes me go DUH!!!!! What made that fight even worse is how that douche bag was gloating about the win when he clearly did not win that fight. kind of reminds me of Diego and Pearson fight. Diego wins a bull sheet decision then goes on to call out Nate Diaz and call him a cry baby.
    Back to top Go down
    Krieger
    Title Holder
    Title Holder
    Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:40 am

What would really work is if Dana kicked everyone out midseason and brought in a bunch of new fighters.

Heh you know the season sucks when my favorite fighter is Penn.....
    Back to top Go down
    stock
    Top 10 King
    Top 10 King
    stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:49 am

Glad I haven't missed much.
    Back to top Go down
    Triggerman99
    Title Holder
    Title Holder
    Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Yeah, pretty bad when the highlight of the entire show so far is a controversial judges decision!  Neutral 
    Back to top Go down
    samger2
    Pro Fighter
    Pro Fighter
    samger2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Anyone watch that joke of a fight on Wednesday? Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a more pathetic showing than Pat put on.
    Back to top Go down
    Triggerman99
    Title Holder
    Title Holder
    Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 12:42 pm

I actually thought that was one of the better fights. It at least looked like both guys were interested in partaking in something that resembled a fight for a change!
    Back to top Go down
    samger2
    Pro Fighter
    Pro Fighter
    samger2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:08 am

I'll give you that Trigger, they were both actually attempting to punch one another, but Pat made it very difficult to watch...hands down, trying to move like Ali, and I'll give it to him he actually evaded quite a few punches, but man he's an absolute technical mess.  I have no idea how he didn't know knocked out or TKOd
    Back to top Go down
    Triggerman99
    Title Holder
    Title Holder
    Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah, what's more surprising is how he managed to land as many of those hooks as he did. I mean he literally threw the exact same combination for the entire fight. He just stepped in with his hands down and launched that same left-right hook combo over and over and over again with no variation whatsoever, and he was STILL landing with it late in the fight!! I don't understand how Anderson- who supposedly has pro boxing experience- didnt easily adjust to that and find a way to avoid it, especially considering he clearly had a huge reach advantage.
    Back to top Go down
    samger2
    Pro Fighter
    Pro Fighter
    samger2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Didn't look like he was trying to finish Pat at all...that's what was frustrating to me, maybe I'm expecting too much from these guys, I mean can I really expect technical superiority AND ability to finish from someone?

I think he could've easily stopped Pat
    Back to top Go down
    Gecko
    Title Holder
    Title Holder
    Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 8:04 am

These guys this year just dont have it. I see most either being a striker or a grappler and very few who have the all around package to be a complete MMA fighter. The biggest down fall is that nobody this season has that killer instinct to make a name for themselves. They do just enough to win. Look at previous seasons like 1,2,3,5,7,8,9,13. there were killers and very hungry fighters who wanted to showcase all they can offer. These guys i dont see one guy who will last more than a year maybe 2 before they get cut and it will be due to poor showing or just not entertaining at all.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still watching TUF?   Anyone still watching TUF? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone still watching TUF?
    Page 1 of 1