The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Vote_lcapEA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Voting_barEA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Vote_lcapEA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Voting_barEA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Empty
PostSubject: EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")   EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Quote :
Electronics Arts Inc. and the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Monday announced the release date for the EA Sports UFC video game, and unveiled the game’s “mystery fighter.”

Initially touting a Spring 2014 launch, EA Sports on Monday said the game’s launch would happen on June 17, 2014.

Perhaps overshadowing the release date announcement is the reveal of legendary martial artist, actor, and philosopher Bruce Lee as the game’s special “mystery fighter.” Lee is a special non-UFC character in the game that can be unlocked by either pre-ordering the game or completing the game’s career mode at the Pro difficulty level.

[img]EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Bruce-10[/img]

Lee was a martial artist that bucked traditional norms, unlocking himself from one style and promoting the idea that a martial artist should cull the best ideas and techniques from each style to form his own individual style. He is largely hailed as a forefather to today’s mixed martial arts.

According to EA Sports, “players can fight with the legend across four different weight classes and test his legacy against the best of the best in the UFC. (Watch the EA Sports UFC Bruce Lee reveal game trailer here.)

“I am so excited about this opportunity to bring my father back to videogames!” said Shannon Lee, Bruce Lee’s daughter, CEO of Bruce Lee, LLC and Chairperson of the Bruce Lee Foundation. “I’m thrilled that fans can now interact with him in a new way. The EA Sports UFC development team has been incredible to work with, and they’ve done a great job capturing the look and feel of my father. I think people will love getting a chance to fulfill a fight fantasy by playing Bruce Lee in the new UFC game.”

“There’s no debate, Bruce Lee is the father of mixed martial arts,” said Dana White, UFC President. “He believed not one style of fighting was the best and that you had to have a little piece of everything to be a complete fighter. He was proven right when the first UFC event took place in 1993.”

“It has always been part of our vision to have Bruce Lee, the most iconic martial artist of all time, in the first ever EA SPORTS UFC,” said Brian Hayes, Creative Director, EA. “The team is very excited and tremendously honored to have the privilege of bringing Bruce Lee to life in our game. We’ve been working closely with the Bruce Lee team to ensure we represent the legend with as much visual and gameplay fidelity as possible.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ea-sports-reveals-ufc-video-game-release-date-and-unveils-bruce-lee-game-character

Metal Metal 
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22847

EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")   EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Too bad I refuse to buy either of the 2 new gaming systems.  Crying or Very sad 
This game is looking bad ass.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59441

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")   EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Yeah I didn't realize at first that it wasn't going to be available on PS3. I'll probably just do what I usually do and wait like 2 years for the PS4 and game to decrease dramatically in price. I don't have any shame in being way behind the curve when it comes to video games. lol
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12607

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")   EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 8:36 am

Badass...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15321

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")   EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yeah I didn't realize at first that it wasn't going to be available on PS3. I'll probably just do what I usually do and wait like 2 years for the PS4 and game to decrease dramatically in price. I don't have any shame in being way behind the curve when it comes to video games. lol

Nor I buddy. Plus sony has already said they are still maiking ps3 games for another 2 more years so I can wait. plus to be honest right now you can do more on the ps3 than ps4. Only because ofcourse they haven't released any new patches to allow you to do more. Even more so there just isn't that many games on the ps4 that has me going "oh man I got to get that game and it's worth buying a new system for."
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10302

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")   EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:35 am

I'm an xbox guy, so eventually I'll end up with an xbox one...and this will be the first game I buy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")   EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer") Empty

Back to top Go down

EA Sports reveals indentity of "mystery fighter" for UFC video game (*hint- it's an "MMA pioneer")
Page 1 of 1