The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER Vote_lcapSPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER Voting_barSPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER Vote_lcapSPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER Voting_barSPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER

Go down 
+4
Chrom
samger2
the commie
Krieger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5735

SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER Empty
PostSubject: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 11:50 pm

I call BULLSHIT ... Hendricks got his face punched in..... looked like he got hit by a truck..... takedowns (the ones he got) looked like he was giving a blowjob to Lawler..... kicks had little or no effect..... ground game was spent in Lawlers crotch, ... but I did like watching him bleed and swell up like a baloon.

Im sure Rogan and Goldberg will sooth him with oily rubdowns...

As always the vaunted "striker" with "the best punch" "best wrestling" in the UFC couldnt take a hit and kept flinching.... but WTF I paid nothing... drank the last of my crabapple moonshine and got to see the pussy Hendricks bleed.... now lets see if he can defend his title for 5+ years..... I think not. I'lll put my last 1500 on Hendricks losing the title before the end of the year. ( He's gonna get a 180 medical suspension for sure. ) Lawler? I'm sure he'll be able to go next ufc.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:05 am

PREDICTION: Condit.... MCL ACL complete ruptures right knee..... left knee severe cartlidge damage MCL damage.... complete replacement surgery right knee reconstuction.... repair arthoscopy left knee... one year off.... will never be the same .... come back fails in 2015 .... retires.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7963

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:37 am

no, hendriks won. i didnt want him to but he did. lawler had to win that last round and he failed at that, while hendriks ended strongly.
very similar fight and outcome to his fight with gsp but with roles reversed. gsp showed more damage but won by points and rounds, finishing stronger than hendriks. this time hendriks's face was pretty beaten up but he kept pressing and kept punching, imposing his will. lawler is much better than i expected, i like him.
fucking great, now there is not one ufc champ that i really like and root for.

really sucks for condit, i like him. i wanted him to beat the "chosen one" (thats the worst nick ever). he'll be back though.

diego sanchez needs to change up his tactic or retire. all his opponents know exactly what he is going to do.

lombard finally used judo! yes! beautiful throws. now, if he stops gassing, he might contend.

felt bad for krylov, he looked amateurish off his back. i hope that was just a fluke.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:41 am

Diagos old and got nothing left.... needs to go.... growly looks dont cut it anymore... gotta back it up.

Lombards throws were da bomb....

Hendricks has the title .... won't hold it ... didn't like getting hit by someone who wasn't afeared of his big bomb.

Good card .... glad I got it for free... not much I'm willing to pay for these days.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:43 am

15 year old crabapple moonshine beats em all. Ā War!Ā 
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10309

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 am

I didn't watch but from what I'm reading I think it's almost like everyone felt so bad for Hendricks getting arguably robbed in his last title run that Lawler would've had to stop the fight to get the belt. Honestly I think judges, commentators, etc went into this fight with Hendricks winning.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22854

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:10 am

I agree with the commie. I think the judges finally got one right! I had Hendricks winning the first 2, Lawler winning 3 & 4. Who ever took that last round, took that title.
I also feel Lawler had a chance to finish it and chose to hold off, likely because he felt the opportunity would present it self again... but it didn't.
If given the chance again I could see Robbie taking it with a KO.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Yeah I didn't have any issue with the decision. I had Hendricks winning without much question. It was a close fight, but not controversial, IMO. With fights like GSP/Hendricks and Jones/Gustaffson you could argue that one guy clearly got his ass kicked and somehow won the fight, but that didn't happen here.

I was generally dissapointed with this card. It wasn't really bad, but wasn't memorable in any way, either. The main event lacked the firepower I had hoped for, the co-main event ended prematurely, Shields/Lombard was brutally boring, Jury/Sanchez was one-sided and predictable throughout, and while St. Preux got a first round finish, it was anticlimactic and just kind of "Huh?".

I don't know, like I said, it wasn't terrible, but I don't recall having even one moment of genuine excitement.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35196

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:00 pm

I can't argue with the Hendricks decision (first two to Hendricks and second two to Lawler... Hendricks won the last round). Simply a problem of the system... where every round is weighted evenly.
If I were to score the fight overall... I'd say Lawler won. Lawler won the fight. Hendricks won the point game.

Sucks to see Conditt go. One of the few killers left in the sport, and was really hoping to see Brown/Conditt if Brown can get past Silva.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 pm

I'd like to see the fight, since it's already been broadcast and over with I assume it's ok to ask for a link?
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12614

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 10:47 am

I am not sure how I feel about the decision yet.

This much I do know. Rounds 3, 4, and 5 were definitive. Three and four to Lawler and five to Hendricks. I need to go back and watch rounds 1 and 2 again before I give my real opinion on the decision. They might have been definitive too, but I cannot remember them as well.

The last round was both frustrating and sad. You could literally see Robbie's limbs turn off. Like someone hit his power button. He was perfectly fine, then he did a quick takedown stuff and he went completely dead. Like a lactid acid surge or something. It was not one of those "just suck it up and go for it" moments either. He suddenly couldnt even lift his arms to block punches like he was helpless. It sucked! If only his body lasted another 2 minutes!!! You know they would of slugged it to the end. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Yeah those last two minutes sucked.... he had nothing left and that is for sure where he lost the fight.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15328

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:56 am

Woodley is going to be our next WW champ. you heard it here first!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59448

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Yeah I wouldn't argue with that. Woodley has looked better and better inĀ each fight so far in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Finally got to see the fights. I would agree with what pretty much everyone said. I have no problem with the decision. But I have to say, I wasn't wildly impressed with the fight...it was ok. Not boring, but didn't have me on the edge of my seat either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER   SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER Empty

Back to top Go down

SPOILER HENDRIKS LAWLER SPOILER
Page 1 of 1