The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Interview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  Vote_lcapInterview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  Voting_barInterview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Interview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  Vote_lcapInterview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  Voting_barInterview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Interview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22846

Interview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  Empty
PostSubject: Interview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel    Interview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Interview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel  Highlander
Dominage Apparel has recently signed Jake “Highlander” Immel, who will be fighting at The Arrival event presented by MN MMA NEWS on October 12th 2013. Highlander has a pretty crazy schedule these days; however I was able to get him to take some time and do an interview with me. Here is what he had to say:
Q: First off when did you get into MMA and what made you want to become a MMA Fighter?
A: I have been in love with MMA since I first saw it. So, about four and a half years ago, a small gym opened in a basement. It was dank and musty, but it was home. From that basement came the fight mafia. I trained with all those guys for years, in reality they got me to where I am today. However there comes a time when enough is enough. Today I am an independent martial artist and loving it.

Q: Are you looking to make a career out of fighting or is it more of a hobby for you?

A: I would love if a career would manifest from time in the cage, I mean to get paid to do what others get arrested for... Sign me up!

Q: What was the experience like, when you first stepped into the cage?

A: Let's see, horrifying. I think that sums it up. I had only trained for a few months at the time, and found myself standing across from a monster. Arms as big as my legs... Anyway, he dislocated my jaw right away with a stiff jab, I came back to win by TKO in the second round. That was a defining moment for me; I put my heart on display, and have fought that way since.

Q: Exactly what is the story behind your MMA name “Highlander”?

A:  Alright, before I ever even started fighting, I had met Chris Santiago. We had hung out a few times and one day he asks for my number. So I give it to him and he says "I have too many Jakes in my phone... I will put you in as "highlander" (cause I look like I could play in Braveheart) and it stuck.

Q: How has MMA affected your personal life?

A: In too many ways to count. From my appearance, to my attitude, diet, even beliefs. I noticed right away that if you don't take this sport serious; live, eat, and breathe it, that it will swallow you up. It takes full commitment.

Q: I hear you have recently signed with Dominage Apparel as a sponsor, how has working with them been going so far?

A: Working with Dominage Apparel has been great. I sent him a mock photo, something I would like for a walkout shirt, and he killed it. Probably the sweetest design around. I can't wait to see those guys on the bus.

Q: You have a fight coming up in October of this year, how have you been training to get where you want to be in order to kick some butt that night?

A: I wouldn't want to give away too much, but I have been preparing in much the same way I always have; plenty of boxing, muay thai, and jiu-jitsu.

Q: Where are you currently training at?

A: As of now, I don't really have a home. I’m sort of a nomad. I train where I am welcome. Be it a garage, basement, beach, or a few gyms that have welcomed me.

Q: What is your personal favorite submission? Why?

A: Armbar, without a doubt. I don't care if it's flying, mounted, from guard, my whole 6`6" body vs. an elbow... I'll take that all day.

Q: Do you prefer to win a fight via KO or Sub?

A: In all honesty, it doesn't matter. A finish is a finish, a win a win. My opponents can pick their poison. 

Q: What fighter do you look up to the most? How have they impacted your MMA career and why are they so inspirational to you?

A: There are so many... Dominick Cruz for his movement and angles, Cub Swanson for his accuracy and attitude, Llyoto Machida for his evasion and counter striking, Shogun Rua for his shuffle charge, Forest Griffin for his volume of strikes, Chris Leben for his ability to absorb and dish it back, Frank Mir for true submission power, the Nogueras for their crafty sweeps, Fedor Emelianenko for being the best. I love this sport so much. I believe in monkey see monkey do, I try to form a little bit of everyone into a cohesive style all my own.

There you have it. Go show your support for Highlander and Dominage Apparel Saturday October 12 at The Arrival MN MMA NEWS event. The event is being held at the Holiday Inn conference center in Austin, MN.

Get your tickets for The Arrival event and see Jake "Highlander" Immel fight at https://www.cagetix.com/
byCeira Shappell
Source: Dominage.org
Back to top Go down

Interview With Dominage Fighter Jake"Highlander" Immel
Page 1 of 1