The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Fedor Fired From Strikeforce Vote_lcapFedor Fired From Strikeforce Voting_barFedor Fired From Strikeforce Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Fedor Fired From Strikeforce Vote_lcapFedor Fired From Strikeforce Voting_barFedor Fired From Strikeforce Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Fedor Fired From Strikeforce

Go down 
+2
butterknifeninja
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22836

Fedor Fired From Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Fedor Fired From Strikeforce Strike10
Quote :
Less than a week after releasing now-former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, the company has cut ties with their most popular 265-pounder. Following Thursday’s UFC 133 press conference in Philadelphia, UFC president Dana White professed Emelianenko’s days with Strikeforce are officially over.

“He’s being cut, yeah,” White matter-of-factly stated. “Why? Do you think we should keep him?”

The 34-year-old suffered a controversial TKO loss to Dan Henderson
this past Saturday. Nothing typically sends a fighter to the
unemployment line quicker than running the reverse trifecta, but most
believed the sport’s most decorated heavyweight would be the one
determining when it was time to bounce.

Unfortunately for Emelianenko, White beat him to the punch and sent him packing.

“You guys thought he was the pound-for-pound best in the world, but I thought he was overrated for years,” White added.

Emelianenko owns an unmatched 31-4 (1 NC) record. Prior to his last
three forgettable outings, the Russian was riding a 27-fight winning
streak which span for nearly a decade.

“The Last Emperor” suggested he might continue fighting after getting
put to sleep by Henderson, but it appears he will now have to resume
his illustrious career elsewhere if that’s the case. Although
Emelianenko’s in the midst of the longest losing skid of his life, with
his last two defeats coming in devastating TKO fashion, his resume
should provide for plenty of possible suitors.
5th Round

If you didn't see this coming... you should probably apply for a seeing eye dog.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3993

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:38 pm

I thought that was the last fight on his contract anyway?

Let the Dana hate begin... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
couture fan
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
couture fan

Standard Cash : 5578

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:53 pm

MMA is dead to me.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59430

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Honestly, why would he even want to continue fighting?
It's for the best. I really hope Fedor does what Randy and Chuck did by retiring, and not what Ken Shamrock and Jens Pulver did by trying to search for wins in smaller orgs.
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3993

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Yea man I agree. He hasn't had his heart in mma since Pride folded...this might be for the best.

Truthfully, I think M1 killed his will to fight. They had some insane control over him, I'd be surprised if he actually didn't want to go to the UFC to fight guys like Couture and Lesnar...damn you Russian Mob!!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22836

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Honestly, why would he even want to continue fighting?
It's for the best. I really hope Fedor does what Randy and Chuck did by retiring, and not what Ken Shamrock and Jens Pulver did by trying to search for wins in smaller orgs.
I absolutely agree with this. But I have a feeling that M-1 and Showtime won't let him go with out fighting at least one can, if not for anything else but to go out on a W. Hell... M-1 may bleed him for a much longer time than that even. But it would be wise to just hang em up right now. Forget M-1 fights, forget JMMA... you gotta know when to fold em.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9469

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 pm

M-1 destroyed Fedor's career.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16375

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:22 pm

i may be a dick but im with dana..i always thought he was over rated......not saying he was bad but not as good as he seemed to be.....imo as a competitor who believes hes the best he should be looking to prove it and fedor never did.....i dont want to start the debate on him entering the ufc, but i think he would have been crushed by most of the ufc hw's........too me its still the same story of (for example) a football player who is solid, and maybe on the champion team and making all the plays IN ARENA BALL saying hes the best football player of all time!.....now said player enters the nfl and does poorly, and now everybody still says oh well he passed his prime bla bla bla......even a player who is passed their prime who was supposed to be all godly should still be able to make at least one or two good plays....RIGHT??? RIGHT????

so all that being said im glad hes out of the sport and im sure if m-1 doesnt bleed him dry he will be just fine in life and with family......if he wanted my respect for more than just stepping in the ring\octi he shouldnt have hid for the later part of his career!

ps....dont hate me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Fired From Strikeforce   Fedor Fired From Strikeforce Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor Fired From Strikeforce
Page 1 of 1