The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
A More Mature Tito Ortiz? Vote_lcapA More Mature Tito Ortiz? Voting_barA More Mature Tito Ortiz? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
A More Mature Tito Ortiz? Vote_lcapA More Mature Tito Ortiz? Voting_barA More Mature Tito Ortiz? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

A More Mature Tito Ortiz?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 4009

A More Mature Tito Ortiz? Empty
PostSubject: A More Mature Tito Ortiz?   A More Mature Tito Ortiz? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:14 am

Interesting read about Tito. Looks like he might be growing up a bit...

Quote :
“I think my attitude’s changed a whole bunch where now I’m more positive,” Ortiz said during an interview on Bruce Buffer’s “It’s Time” radio show. “Before I had to talk so much smack on the guy I was fighting. I had to be so negative. I’ve changed my whole attitude. I don’t need to sell the fight by talking smack on the other guy. My name will sell the fight.”
Quote :
“I said, ‘Put me in there. I want to do it. I want to show you guys that I’m here as a company man,’” Ortiz told White. “I’ve gone through some injuries. I’ve gone through some bad reactions prior in my career, but now I’m making the right decisions. I feel like I’m a new and improved Tito Ortiz.”

In July 2007 he fought Evans to a draw at UFC 73. Ortiz’s career then spiraled, as he lost three straight before his back-to-the-wall win over Bader. Meanwhile Evans has lost just once and holds victories over Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin and Quinton Jackson.

“He has speed and great takedowns,” Ortiz said. “I watched [the fight] with him and ‘Rampage,’ and the way he beat ‘Rampage’ was throw a one-two and hit the shot. I’ve got to make sure I defend the takedown, control the head position at all times and maybe possibly look for a shot myself.”
Sherdog
Back to top Go down

A More Mature Tito Ortiz?
Page 1 of 1