The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Vote_lcapMark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Voting_barMark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Vote_lcapMark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Voting_barMark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA

Go down 
+3
samger2
FistK
Chrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22860

Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Empty
PostSubject: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 am

Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Mark-c10
Quote :
Although he hasn’t fought since his 2010 loss to Randy Couture, it has always been a questions whether or not Mark Coleman would fight again. We now have our answer as the 48-year-old recently posted on his Facebook page that he needs a total hip replacement.

Total Hip replacement next Monday. Ouch.

The hammer is done fighting. I know been done. Just looking for some prayers.

i thank everyone who will help me get through this. Have to pay to play sometimes. Only regret is could have worked harder.

Love you all live your dream.

Two full decades of fighting have taken its toll on Coleman, and he is now officially ready to call it quits.
continued...
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12620

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 am

Good luck Hammer...
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10315

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:21 am

He was one of my favorites from the beginning...the father of ground and pound. Plus I know guys that know him and wrestled with him at Ohio State...I think I was always a fan of hammer house given that I live in and am from Ohio.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5741

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Back in the day when he was fighting 7 to 21 minute rounds I was a huge fan. I never really followed him in his Pride days, I always thought of him as a UFC Castoff at that point. When the Roid rumors started that was the point where I was done with him.

But what really finished my interest with Coleman was when his daughters were brought into the ring after he was beat bloody by the Paper Emperor, I don't care who was responsible but dad's should never put their kids in that spot... ever.

Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Markcolemanufc
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Krieger wrote:

But what really finished my interest with Coleman was when his daughters were brought into the ring after he was beat bloody by the Paper Emperor, I don't care who was responsible but dad's should never put their kids in that spot... ever.

In his defense I am pretty sure he didn't know how bad he looked and wasn't thinking as clearly as normal. I will give him a pass for just wanting to hug his daughters.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5741

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Yeah I have a soft spot for dad's who love their kids but hell .... he scared me he looked so bad. In interview as recently as last year the girls have said they weren't traumatized and enjoyed the adventure of being included in his fights.....

But man he shoulda looked in the mirror first. He was probably thinking "My little girls why do you reject me so?"

Heh heh ... but I do wish the old fella well in his retirement and with his new hardware.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3793

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 pm

He's a legend that had a hell of a career.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7969

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 am

i never liked him.
the thing with his daughters just a "reality tv" moment, all to show off and get attention, but i dont think kids get traumatized that easily, from that perspective i dont care that they saw their dad in that state.
what ill remember most about him is the shogun incident. the guy had clearly no control over himself. if you are going to do 'roids, i actually dont care that much, but keep your wits about you and behave like a human.
and ill remember the two armbars by "the last emperor" ( yes, krieger, he was).
i worked out with dave beneteau once and have some beers after (he is friends with my sensei), and he told us stories from those early days. one of them was about coleman, about how they would all tease him (in a friendly manner) about not being too bright.

i do wish him well though, just because. he is one of the "fathers" of modern mma.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:50 am

Krieger wrote:

But man he shoulda looked in the mirror first. He was probably thinking "My little girls why do you reject me so?"

Heh heh ... but I do wish the old fella well in his retirement and with his new hardware.

lol! true..."come here girls daddy could really use a hug right n...hey why are you crying? where are you going?" haha
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15334

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:40 am

Good luck hammer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA   Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Mark Coleman Officially Retires From MMA
Page 1 of 1