The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Vote_lcapTyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Voting_barTyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Vote_lcapTyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Voting_barTyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22856

Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Empty
PostSubject: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Tyson-10
Quote :
British heavyweight Tyson Fury sparked a new bout of boxing v MMA headlines on Thursday by claiming he would "smash" UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

Fury's reputation is as strong as it has ever been after he chalked up his 20th professional bout without defeat, and if he gets his way he will fight Vitali Klitschko for a world title in March.

However, if he cannot lure the Ukrainian into the ring, Fury appears more than willing to take on newly-crowned UFC star Velasquez, who won back the belt against Junior Dos Santos with a dominant performance on December 29.

Fury attempted to bait a response either from Velasquez or UFC president Dana White, claiming he is the real "baddest man on the planet", a label often used to describe the UFC heavyweight champion. And it appears Fury would even be willing to fight MMA rules against Velasquez to prove his point:

"If the Klitchkos [won't] fight me then I'll go and fight the MMA heavyweight champ, at least he is game. Wouldn't last 2 rounds," Fury tweeted.

"I'm the new baddest man on the planet, I'll smash @cainmma. Let's get it on!"

Fury then tweeted to Velasquez: "I challenge you to fight all in a cage or ring! It could be billed as the man vs midget. Let's get it on! You small stiff idiot."
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/186538.html#UUPAOrWJmEIPCikq.99
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16395

PostSubject: Re: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:36 pm

dummy!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22856

PostSubject: Re: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Yeah... but he has some big ass balls to say he would step in and use MMA rules. Either way I'm sure Vitali will destroy him in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15330

PostSubject: Re: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Well i would see it like this. tyson has a huge reach advantage on cain. I think it's like 8 inches. If tyson can stop the take downs and force cain to trade with him then i would say yes tyson has a good chance of beating cain probably even knocking him out. But just like any other boxer that comes over to the UFC with no ground game. All cain has to do is take him down once and i think Cain will sub him or tko him on the ground.

Thats my prediction. to be honest i would have no problem if this fight happened.(non title ofcourse) to me it would be a younger version of toney/Courture. just for a fun watch i would tune in for it.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:53 pm

oh but if i were to gamble on this fight. i would put my money on cain. I am sure at some point cain will find a way to get tyson down. Plus with the height of tyson i can see cain being able to shoot in on him for a double at some point. it might even be easier if tyson comes in with his normal boxing stnace as well.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10311

PostSubject: Re: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:06 pm

It's the same constant MMA vs boxing discussion...if Cain stands with him he'll get KO'd...if Fury fights an MMA fight he'll get beat. It's really pretty simple. Does Fury even train MMA? I mean the guy trains to beat guys heads in and only use his feet to dance around the ring...he doesn't train (that I know of) to avoid a dude rushing at his legs.

Cain wins this all day long in an MMA fight.

Any MMA fighter beats any boxer at an MMA fight...all day long...because any MMA fighter with 1/4 of a brain will immediately go for a takedown...the only chance a boxer has is to catch them with a blast on the way in.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9489

PostSubject: Re: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Chrom wrote:
Either way I'm sure Vitali will destroy him in the near future.

Hey maybe he'll destroy himself first:

Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez 29z2cno

Yep... that's him. Best punch he's landed in his entire career. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:04 pm

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/01/bisping-tyson-fury-would-be-destroyed-by-cain-velasquez/

Even Bisping went on record to say tyson would get smashed by Cain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez   Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury claims he'd smash UFC 'midget' Velasquez
Page 1 of 1