The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem Vote_lcapRouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem Voting_barRouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem Vote_lcapRouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem Voting_barRouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem

Go down 
+2
Triggerman99
Gecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15316

Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem Empty
PostSubject: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronday-rouseys-manager-reacts-cyborgs-doctor-putting-brakes-193400726--mma.html

Well i like how Rouseys manager says a few times in the article that if cyborg gets off the drugs she should have no problem making weight and like what a lot of you guys were saying before he also believes the doctor cyborg used was to favor her so rhonda would have to go up to 145. He also believes if she saw 5 random doctors they would all say the cut would be fine.

I am starting to come around on the idea that cyborg is just trying to duck rhonda at 135 cause cyborg wont be able to go in all massive and as strong as she usually is. Rhonda has the 135 pound title and this is a title worthy fight for womens MMA so i do belive cyborg should drop to 135 and fight for the title. I still feel Rhonda can tap cyborg out at 135 or 145 but in the end it makes more sense for it to be at 135.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Yeah that's pretty much what I said from the get-go; this has excuse-riddled BS written all over it.

Cyborg is so desperate to have this fight at 145 and to make Rousey look like the bad guy in this scenario that she's willing to make it sound like Rousey is trying to make her put her life in danger.
Pathetic.....
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm

I am in no position to tell someone what weight they should fight at.
IMO, doesn't seem like a "fighter" move to say, "I am a better fighter. Now cut weight so we can fight."

Kind of like me picking a fight with someone at a bar, but then telling them they have to lose weight before we go out back and fight.

Maybe the UFC should just have 8 divisions for woman fighting so everyone can have their own title and I stop watching MMA altogether.
I am clearly in the minority hear thinking that nobody gives a shit if this fight happens??
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 pm

stock wrote:
IMO, doesn't seem like a "fighter" move to say, "I am a better fighter. Now cut weight so we can fight."

Kind of like me picking a fight with someone at a bar, but then telling them they have to lose weight before we go out back and fight.

Maybe the UFC should just have 8 divisions for woman fighting so everyone can have their own title and I stop watching MMA altogether.
I am clearly in the minority hear thinking that nobody gives a shit if this fight happens??
I don't think the issue is that Rousey feels Cyborg has a size advantage. My understanding of her stance is that she feels Cyborg will be able to be on a steroid cycle if they fight at 145. On the other hand, if Cyborg isn't on steroids at all, Rousey feels that she should have no problem at all making 135.
Basically, Rousey is calling her a cheater, and she is not going to give her the option of being able to be a cheater if they are going to fight. In essence, she is trying to take away Cyborg's ability to cycle on and off of steroids leading up to the fight, and taking the stance that Cyborg's desire to use steroids is the one and only reason preventing her from fighting Rousey at 135.

On that, I 100% agree with her.

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm

I loved the original call out....

Bleacher Report, Quote.... Aug 16, 2012

Ronda Rousey to Cyborg: "Stop Doping, Lose the Weight, and Fight Me at 135!"

"As long as she makes 135, I don't care if she's injecting horse semen into her eyeballs but that’s the only way I feel it would be a fair fight," Rousey said on TSN Radio's The MMA Report with John Pollack (transcribed by MMA Fighting).

"She’s never had a fair fight in her life and I see how the prospect of that would scare the hell out of her and why she would insist at fighting heavier."
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 am

stock wrote:

Cyborg is the one that wants to fight Rousey. Why should Rousey have to move up? Rousey fights at 135. If you want to fight her then come to her weight class, simple.
Isn't Cyborg doing the exact same thing that you say Rousey is doing?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 am

fuck it UFC should just make one weight class of the 2. 140lbs
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:02 am

FistK wrote:
stock wrote:

Cyborg is the one that wants to fight Rousey. Why should Rousey have to move up? Rousey fights at 135. If you want to fight her then come to her weight class, simple.
Isn't Cyborg doing the exact same thing that you say Rousey is doing?

I am not saying anyone should have to move up. I'm just saying if you are "going to kick someone's ass" but then tell them they need to lose some weight first, makes you sound kind of silly. Rousey should either concede that Cyborg is a better fighter because she's heavier or just go up and kick her ass anyway (which I think she would).
Like I said before, I don't see why anyone is interested in watching she-man fight anyway. I am super surprised over how much press a chick grudge is getting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem   Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Rouseys manager speaks out on cyborgs weight problem
Page 1 of 1