The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 Vote_lcapAnderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 Voting_barAnderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 Vote_lcapAnderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 Voting_barAnderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22856

Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Anderson Silva is adamant he will not jump into the Octagon to challenge Georges St-Pierre this weekend, despite the fact he will be present at UFC 154.

Silva sparked mass excitement when it was revealed he would be in
Montreal for the welterweight title showdown between St-Pierre and
Carlos Condit. It was widely predicted his presence could only be part
of a potential staredown with GSP if the Canadian wins on Saturday.

However, while Silva is still determined to make St-Pierre his next
opponent - in the biggest UFC superfight of all time - he insists there
will be no picturebook moment at Bell Centre.

"I will go to Los Angeles and then I will go to Canada for UFC 154," Silva told GloboEsporte.com, translated by Fighters Only.

"I'm going to stay there to film an action movie that me and Lyoto
[Machida] will participate in [along with Steven Seagal]. But it is not
my character to step in there and call somebody out.

"So I think this won't happen. In fact, I don't just think, I am sure."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/179003.html#EgSKzYTSqlvk6sCO.99
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15330

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 pm

freakin Silva, you know he is only doing a movie with segal cause he is ducking weidman. Troll
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59450

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Quote :
"I'm going to stay there to film an action movie that me and Lyoto
[Machida] will participate in [along with Steven Seagal]. But it is not
my character to step in there and call somebody out.

"So I think this won't happen. In fact, I don't just think, I am sure."

Where have I heard that before?

Oh yeah, now I remember:

Triggerman99 wrote:
I don't see that happening.

He's not the kind of guy to walk into the cage and literally challenge GSP right then and there. That's not his style at all. He's not BJ Penn.

lol! cheers

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah, they will likely do it at the post-fight presser
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Chrom wrote:
Yeah, they will likely do it at the post-fight presser
Based on what? It seems pretty clear to me that he's not into that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Nothing but me assuming I suppose lol But we all know Dana said it's happening. If it's done at the post fight presser than there is a shit ton of media exposure right off the bat and they can get a couple good photo ops right away. So... I suppose if I was Dana, that's when I would do it. Tons of press and Canada gets to break the news of their champions next fight.

Plus, it doesn't have to be Silva calling GSP out this way. It can just be Dana announcing the "BIGGEST SUPPER FIGHT IN UFC HISTORY!"
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:32 pm

That's more the idea I'm inclined to believe; Dana hearding these two together and forcing the issue. The way he made it sound initially was that Silva was chomping at the bit to bust in there and stare GSP down. That's clearly not the case.

Either Dana is taking a lot of liberties with his assumptions of Silva's mindset, or Silva actually knows for sure what is going to happen and he's doing a fantastic job of playing it close to the vest.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5737

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 am

Heh Silva jumping into the ring with GSP at 154 would result in a "hugging bow-down" with each of these boys trying to out-respect the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154   Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva won't jump into the Octagon at UFC 154
Page 1 of 1