The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Hurricane Survivor Thread... Vote_lcapHurricane Survivor Thread... Voting_barHurricane Survivor Thread... Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Hurricane Survivor Thread... Vote_lcapHurricane Survivor Thread... Voting_barHurricane Survivor Thread... Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Hurricane Survivor Thread...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9470

Hurricane Survivor Thread... Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 pm

FistK? Gecko? Triggerman? Butterknife?

I know you guys are all out that way, everything cool?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 pm

Things didn't get too bad where I am. I'm in Upstate NY, and while we were supposed to feel at least some of the effects, it wasn't anything beyond a normal storm.
I do have in-laws in Ocean Gate, NJ (south Jersey) and Hazlett, NJ (mid Jersey) and I can't say the same for them. The ones in Ocean Gate got it pretty bad, to the point where they were evacuated, but not as bad as the folks in Hazlett. They have a river nearby, and they got completely fucking doomsday flooded to the point where they can travel the streets only by boat and there won't be any power for at least 7-10 days. That's brutal.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 am

The storm will cost me anywhere between 2 and 8 thousand dollars, and I live 1500 miles away from the storm.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah Virgina/DC didnt get hit to bad.From what i heard from friends maryland got nailed pretty bad and a few of the docks outside the ocean city area got wept out to sea. I was without power for only a few hours. it sounds like you guys got it worse than me. I am sorry to hear others got hit harder and cost them money.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 pm

For me, it had nothing to do with personal damage.
I work for an insurance company so good bye profit sharing bonus (or at least a big chunk of it).
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12597

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:57 am

Im ok thanks. Cold as shit. No power since monday. No heat. No water. House is fucked a little, but still alive thats all i can ask I guess.

Sent my kids to my moms house because the house is down to 52 now.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Fist if it gets unbearable then hop your ass on a plane, I have spare rooms and it was 86 here today lol..

I'm hearing that things on Staten Island and Oceanside are much worse than the media is reporting. Like roving bands of looters bad, but all we're hearing is that Obama and FEMA are saving the world. IMO it's because of the election but that's another thread altogether. Have you seen anything like that?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Yeah, Obviously Obama is going to be dropping money from airplanes in the aftermath. Couple that with the media playing nonstop the clip of Romney (during the GOP primaries) that he would cut FEMA if it were up to him.
All these guys are just the sleaziest of sleazeballs.

Word is the Red Cross is really getting the shaft over donations (especially when you compare to natural disasters in poorer parts of the coutnry... ie Katrina). The perception is that everyone in the northeast has a 10 butlers and wears a top-hat to work so they don't need any assistance. This sucks for the thousands and thousands of poor people actually affected.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12597

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 am

DEP wrote:
Fist if it gets unbearable then hop your ass on a plane, I have spare rooms and it was 86 here today lol..

I'm hearing that things on Staten Island and Oceanside are much worse than the media is reporting. Like roving bands of looters bad, but all we're hearing is that Obama and FEMA are saving the world. IMO it's because of the election but that's another thread altogether. Have you seen anything like that?

Sadly, the looting stories are true buddy Sad

Staten Island is like a fucking war zone. It remind me of that movie the warriors from the 80's or some shit. Its terrible.

There are towns that are completely gone. Seaside Heights where my famil vacations every year is pretty much washed into the sea Sad
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 pm

stock wrote:
Yeah, Obviously Obama is going to be dropping money from airplanes in the aftermath. Couple that with the media playing nonstop the clip of Romney (during the GOP primaries) that he would cut FEMA if it were up to him.

Word is the Red Cross is really getting the shaft over donations (especially when you compare to natural disasters in poorer parts of the coutnry... ie Katrina). The perception is that everyone in the northeast has a 10 butlers and wears a top-hat to work so they don't need any assistance. This sucks for the thousands and thousands of poor people actually affected.
Very true.
When Katrina happened, all you heard was that the rest of the country didn't care about those people because they were poor or black or had bad accents or whatever the hell ythey were trying to sell.
As it turns out, the recovery response it god-awful no matter where you live or what your social status is.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
stock wrote:

Very true.
When Katrina happened, all you heard was that the rest of the country didn't care about those people because they were poor or black or had bad accents or whatever the hell ythey were trying to sell.
As it turns out, the recovery response it god-awful no matter where you live or what your social status is.

And without getting too political, that's what you get when you leave it up to the feds. When I was a kid there was a tornado in my hometown. We were gone over the weekend but when we came back the place was completely fucked up. Trees were down everywhere, boats and sheds and debris strewn about. We come around the corner to our street and my neighbor has his K-5 Blazer hooked up to a tree and is dragging it the fuck out of the middle of an intersection like a boss. Yesterday I was watching CNN (morbid curiosity) and a guy was complaining that there was a boat in the middle of the street and he couldn't get out of his driveway. Who was missing from both instances? FEMA. The difference is that one guy took it upon himself to help out his community in a crisis (and he wasn't the only one), and the other guy sat there on his duff waiting for the gov to fix everything. I swear we're outsourcing charity and good will to the govt with shit like FEMA. And in turn, the people like my neighbor who are able to help and willing to do it are going from "shit, my truck can pull that tree out of there" to "wtf man I paid my taxes, where's all the help at?!"...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Rant over... FistK and everyone else I'm glad you're OK, stay safe up there and keep us updated and feel free to shoot me a PM if you need anything at all. Wink

P.S. I'm broke because I've been panic buying guns, but I'm good at providing moral support lol..
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Yeah, it seems some people are more interested in looking for TV cameras to complain to about the government than they are in helping themselves and their neighbors.
If the day ever comes where I am completely dependant on the government to bail my ass out of a shitty situation, someone do me a favor and just put me out of my misery right then and there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Survivor Thread...   Hurricane Survivor Thread... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Survivor Thread...
Page 1 of 1