The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Vote_lcapFUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Voting_barFUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Vote_lcapFUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Voting_barFUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Empty
PostSubject: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 am

FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Frankm10
Quote :
The fight wasn’t slated to take place under the UFC banner, but the UFC injury bug has bitten once again as former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir has been knocked out of his bout against Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix winner Daniel Cormier.
Sources close to the bout confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com late Tuesday night.
The two were slated to square off in the main event of Strikeforce: Cormier vs. Mir on Nov. 3 in Oklahoma City, Okla.
Strikeforce and the UFC share the same ownership, so it’s no surprise that the injury bug has crawled out of the Octagon on over to Strikeforce cage. It was expected to be the first big crossover fight between the two promotions with Cormier moving over to the UFC after the bout since Strikeforce will be doing away with the heavyweight division.
Cormier (10-0) most recently defeated Josh Barnett in the Grand Prix final back in May. He had been sitting on the sideline, healing up some injuries of his own, before the fight with Mir was announced.
Mir (16-6) also last fought in May, losing via a second-round TKO stoppage at the heavy hands of UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos.
continued...

RAGING!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15327

FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:30 am

cormier vs overeem for #1 contender? any one?
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5926

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 pm

^
I might be way out of the loop, but is Overeem not suspended?

Back on topic I would have loved to have seen Cormier destroy Mir, Fuck!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:47 pm

lambhimself wrote:
^
I might be way out of the loop, but is Overeem not suspended?

Back on topic I would have loved to have seen Cormier destroy Mir, Fuck!

yeah till december, i guess that might be a little to long to wait for a fight atleast as far as cormier goes atleast. Damn there arent alot of avaible hw fighters that would make since for cormier at this point.

carwin and nleson tied up with TUF

Mir-medical suspended

JDS and cain are lined up to fight

Browne has a fight coming up.

lesner---retired but would have been a good match up.

Kongo is avaible but have little interets in that fight. dan would ground and pound him and kongo would be done probably.

So at this point if i was cormier, i guess i would stay side lined at the moment, who knows if cain or JDS gets hurt leading up to there fight he might be a good replacement for JDS or cain and really put cormier in line for a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Lesnar and/or dare I say it Fedor are the only guys right now that could bring equally good numbers... Hunt? maybe a good opponent, but wont get as many viewers...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:22 pm

^^^^^^

yeah i forgot about hunt, I do agree with you i dont think he will bring in the numbers either.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:31 pm

But I mean really... he is just about as high ranked as(EDIT: HIGHER RANKED than) Mir right now... tons of people, including myself, were just rallying for him to get a title shot... I'm starting to think Hunt is the most logical...

Last edited by Chrom on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:32 pm

werdum wants the fight apparently...
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:37 pm

well hell werdum is okay with me. I dont like his chances against cormier but hell right on for stepping up!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:39 pm

But watching a strikeforce guy re-enter the sf cage has no glitz on it! I WANT GLITZ DAMN IT!
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5926

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:38 pm

What about James Tehuna?
Is he a HW or an LHW?

I thought he put on a great showing the last time I seen that Kiwi bloke.
(Think hes from NZD at least)

Anyway, Werdum would be alright; I don't see any favorable match ups that are going to draw the numbers that Zuffa expects/demands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout   FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout Empty

Back to top Go down

FUCK! Strikeforce Not Immune to Injury Bug, Mir Injured and Out of Cormier Bout
Page 1 of 1