The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Hey guys......can I come in? Vote_lcapHey guys......can I come in? Voting_barHey guys......can I come in? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Hey guys......can I come in? Vote_lcapHey guys......can I come in? Voting_barHey guys......can I come in? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Hey guys......can I come in?

Go down 
+3
DEP
Krieger
Triggerman99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59449

Hey guys......can I come in? Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:10 am

Quote :
Man, this hallway is long as hell.

I decided to finally leave that room, even though it's very, very comfortable, and even though I love that place.
It's warm.
It's welcoming.
It's home.

That room is home. Always will be. But another room is calling me.
Not a new home, but a neighbor. That's what I'm hoping.

I'm almost to the end of the hall, and I can hear it;
Laughing. Joking. Cheering.
They are having a good time. They know it's all just for fun, but they also realize that there is a seriousness under the surface.
An agenda. A purpose.
They take the joke with the reality, and they understand that this is as real as it is a facade.
It is all one and the same.

I get to the door, and I realize that I do in fact have doubts about opnening it.

Does this mean I am selling out?
Does this mean I am leaving my home forever?
Does this mean I am completely changing my mindset?

No.
No.
And no.

I still love that other room; that room that believes that The Champ is the greatest fighter to ever walk the Earth. That will never change.

I am still a resident of that room, and always will be. That room is my home, and I love it.

I am humble.
I am forward thinking.
I am mentally flexible.

I put my ear to the door, and I hear Chael Sonnen on the television; muffled, but still clear.
It's a re-run.
Chael has just finished systematically dismantling Brian Stann en route to an absolutely beautiful display of grappling; one that led to a picture-perfect arm-triangle.

Impressive.

He's on another classic rant; maybe one of the best he's ever performed. But that doesn't matter. What matters to me is the fight. And it was impressive.

I open the door,

I don't look anybody in the eye just yet, though I can feel every eye in the room on me.
They know how I feel;
They know that I am a fan of their enemy.

Without looking up......

without making eye contact........

without forgetting about the other room...........

all while realizing that I can and will be able to balance my love for The Spider, and my respect for The Gangster, I quietly ask........
:

Hey guys.......can I come in?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5736

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:45 am

Yes Trigg..... you may become a brand-new Chael nuthugger with the rest of us .... welcome.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:57 pm

LOL!!!

What the hell?!
Ok, you know when you get too drunk at a bar and end up taking home a girl, and then wake up the next day and realize she's waaaay fatter than you remember?

Yeah, well that's a lot like smoking some really good weed and then writing something on the internet, and then waking up thext day and wondering why the hell you wrote it......like this.

I remember I was watching a UFC re-run last night smoking some weed I had just gotten (I rarely smoke anymore). Next thing I know, the Sonnen/Stann fight is on and I'm standing really, really close to my TV going "Wow!! Amazing!!!!! What a performance!".
And now that the he's moved on from endlessly talking about Silva, I don't dislike him nearly as much, so I apparently dedided to go online and say so in a very overdramatic way.

It would have been much easier to just say "Yeah, he's actually a pretty good fighter, and now that he's not actively a sworn enemy of one of my favorite fighters, I can finally enjoy his fights".
But hey, that's too boring of a statement when you're in the state I was.

To be fair, If I was watching a re-run of the Sonnen/Bisping fight, that post might have been about professing my sudden respect for Bisping.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:08 pm

So.... you... are .... not .... a .... converted .... Chael .... nut....hugger..... No ?
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9488

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:43 pm

I still don't know what the hell is going on.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16394

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:18 pm

meh.....i wouldnt say im a neo nut hugger but i do have a ton more respect for the guy than i did during all the silva antics. As far as his style goes, its not my favorite and id like to see more finishes

this guy
<---------
not a hater anymore!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 am

DEP wrote:

Triggerman was just saying how he is now a converted Bisping nuthugger and finally wants to join the rest of us in this regard.

Gecko is going over to Triggs place and baptize him as one of the Count's chosen ones......
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Maybe I'll just completely overhaul my opinion on all fighters in MMA, just to fuck with you guys.

I'll become a huge Chael fan, hate Silva, despise Nick Diaz, start petitioning for Brock to come back, and my new absolute favorite fighter whom I will constantly claim could be champion if given an opportunity will be Alessio Sakara.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5403

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 pm

You better get on the Bisping bandwagon to then! ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15329

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:01 am

Krieger wrote:
DEP wrote:

Triggerman was just saying how he is now a converted Bisping nuthugger and finally wants to join the rest of us in this regard.

Gecko is going over to Triggs place and baptize him as one of the Count's chosen ones......

Trigg please come join us. Come play with us. Bisping already loves you..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:02 am

Zacchaeus wrote:
You better get on the Bisping bandwagon to then! ROFL!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

The only band wagon worth riding on!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Been there, done that.

I was a fan of his when he competed on TUF and then for awhile after that (even after the Hamill controversy). But after I watched him coach on TUF, I was like "Who the fuck does this guy think he is?!". I've never liked him since.

And the timing was damn near perfect, because he got rolled in his next fight with Henderson!

OK, who's gonna put the gif up?
lol!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Been there, done that.

I was a fan of his when he competed on TUF and then for awhile after that (even after the Hamill controversy). But after I watched him coach on TUF, I was like "Who the fuck does this guy think he is?!". I've never liked him since.

And the timing was damn near perfect, because he got rolled in his next fight with Henderson!

OK, who's gonna put the gif up?
lol!

I see your point and I just hope we can still be friends when Bisping takes Silva title from him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm

It won't matter, because that will mean the Apocalypse has begun, and we will all be dead in a few days, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Oooooo nice avatar Trigg.... Doc Holiday from Tombstone.... "I'm your Huckleberry!"

Which is actually a line that Micheal Bisping says quite frequently.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 pm

There is no way he has ever said that.
Next thing I know, you'll be telling me Bisping told someone they were no daisy.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:48 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
It won't matter, because that will mean the Apocalypse has begun, and we will all be dead in a few days, anyway.

cheers lol! cheers very nice
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 am

haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys......can I come in?   Hey guys......can I come in? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey guys......can I come in?
Page 1 of 1