The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz Vote_lcapBen Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz Voting_barBen Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz Vote_lcapBen Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz Voting_barBen Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz Empty
PostSubject: Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz   Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Quote :

By Jamie McAllister
UFC Lightweight Champion Ben Henderson comments while appearing on the MMAHour.

This past weekend at UFC 150 Henderson defeated former champion Frankie Edgar via a split-decision. However a large portion of fans and media alike did not agree with the judges decision.

Henderson comments on the decision and thinks he did enough to get the victory and defend his title.

“I don’t begrudge anyone their opinion if they had it for Frankie. It doesn’t bother me, that’s cool with me. I’m glad the three guys who were judging it had it for me. I definitely felt I did enough to earn the decision. I definitely won, yeah. Deep down in my heart of heart, I felt I won decision. Of course going into any decision in MMA, you have to be nervous, you have to be a little bit worried. Decisions are historically an iffy thing. I for sure felt I did enough to get that W and earn my hand being raised. I felt I didn’t push the pace enough. That is the one thing I should have done more of. I didn’t get tired at all, I didn’t gas, I didn’t have that muscular fatigue where I was worn down and tired. I felt like I could have pushed the pace a lot more. But I did not for whatever reason. I can’t say it was all me. It wasn’t like I didn’t do my job, I didn’t do this and I didn’t do that. Obviously a big part of it goes to Frankie, he did a great job, not allowing me to do what I wanted to do. I wanted to go down there and beat him up really bad and everything. It’s not just about me in there, there’s another guy in there. You gotta take your hats off to Frankie, he’s a tough fighter, one of the best fighters ever in rematches.”

Some fans have even claimed that Henderson is not the true champion however Henderson does not have any hard feelings and he states that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

“It doesn’t bother me at all. No. There are people out there who still think Michael Jordan wasn’t the greatest basketball player ever. There are people out there who think the New England Patriots shouldn’t have won this Super Bowl because of this rule. There are a lot of people out there who think the New York Giants suck and they should have never won the Super Bowl. There are people out there with all sorts of opinions and ideas. I don’t begrudge anyone their opinions, you can think differently than me, it’s OK. I’m cool with that. We don’t have to see eye to eye on everything.”

Since his return to the Lightweight Division number one contender Nate Diaz has looked very impressive submitting Takanori Gomi and Jim Miller and defeating Donald Cerrone via a unanimous decision. However Henderson is happy to face Diaz and states that there is a blueprint to defeat him.

“Knowing your next opponent, knowing who’s next for me, is a good thing I think, A lot of times champs have to sit down and wait to see, ‘oh, we have to wait and see who’s next for [Georges] St. Pierre’ or ‘he’s dominated the whole division and we have to see who’s next for him.’ For me, 55 is stacked, it is stacked full of killers out there, so it’s nice for me to know who I’m going to fight next. I know Nate Diaz is next. As far as how to beat him, I think any time a fighter, sometimes a fighter loses, there’s a game plan on how to beat him. Sometimes, there was a fluke head kick in the first 30 seconds of the fight, it’s a fluke head kick …
http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/08/14/jones-says-hendo-may-have-to-worry-about-his-one-punch-knockout-power-ufc-news-34252.html

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz   Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Well yeah; there's a blueprint to beat everybody. But it's not like Nate Diaz is unbeatable and it's a big mystery how to beat him. He's been beaten..... more than once.
It's no secret that if you can hold him down with wrestling and avoid the triangle, you got a good shot at winning that fight.
The hard part is doing it.
Back to top Go down

Ben Henderson Talks Frankie Edgar And Blueprint To Beat Diaz
Page 1 of 1