The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight Vote_lcapDiego Sanchez returning to Lightweight Voting_barDiego Sanchez returning to Lightweight Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight Vote_lcapDiego Sanchez returning to Lightweight Voting_barDiego Sanchez returning to Lightweight Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59449

Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight Empty
PostSubject: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Quote :
The last time Ultimate Fighter season 1 winner Diego Sanchez was at 155 pounds, he was fighting for the UFC lightweight title.

That fight, against B.J. Penn in 2009, didn’t go his way, and after the fight Sanchez moved back up to welterweight where he had spent the majority of his career to that point.

Now after some soul searching and, obviously, some dietary changes, Sanchez has decided he will officially move back down to lightweight for his next fight in the UFC.

“It’s back to 155 for me,” Sanchez wrote on his Twitter page recently. “Should be good!”

According to Sanchez, the unfortunate side of things right now is an injury that’s pushing his return to the Octagon back for a few more months. Sanchez underwent shoulder surgery, but is currently rehabbing and working his way back into action.

The Team Greg Jackson fighter has started the work to get down to 155 pounds already, beginning a vegetarian diet, according to his Twitter page. His excitement to get back in the cage and compete again is already fueling his training.

“I’m cutting 45 pounds, so it better be someone worthy of a five-rounder,”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/diego-sanchez-returning-to-lightweight-division
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5736

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 am

With Baby J out of the way this could be a good move for Diego. Trouble is Benson, Edgar, Pettis, well the top 7 for sure. Can he fit can he make a place for himself... I think he can.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:35 am

I don't think he can beat any of the guys you mentioned, but can it be fun watching Diego stalk the LW division?
Oh yeah. For sure.
There's good fights for him him there.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:32 am

He weighs 200lbs right now???
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15329

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
I don't think he can beat any of the guys you mentioned, but can it be fun watching Diego stalk the LW division?
Oh yeah. For sure.
There's good fights for him him there.

100% agree with ya. Still a good move for him and lots of great match ups for him but i dont think this is going to get him the title either.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9488

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:42 pm

I don't see him with the belt but I think he'd be an awesome gatekeeper. I know that's an overused term, but IMO a gatekeeper is the guy you HAVE TO beat if you even want to sniff the title. Diego is definitely that guy. I also think the decision he pulled over Guida was close enough to warrant another fight, which has FOTN all over it just like last time.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 am

So you want to see Diego/Guida 2?
I can't disagree with that. That fight would be killer 10 more times.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15329

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:53 am

Diego/Guida 2.........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9488

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:54 pm

"Seriously you could not ask for 2 more psychotic dudes to get in a cage and fight each other" - Joe Rogan
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5736

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Some good fights at LW coming up.... Diego wins a couple ... all of a sudden everybody is scrambling. Heh heh chaos is good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight   Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight Empty

Back to top Go down

Diego Sanchez returning to Lightweight
Page 1 of 1