The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Vote_lcapVitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Voting_barVitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Vote_lcapVitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Voting_barVitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153

Go down 
+3
stock
Triggerman99
Chrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Empty
PostSubject: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Vitorb10
Quote :
Sometimes, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Two days after requesting a tango with Vitor Belfort (Pictured) at UFC 153, middleweight Alan Belcher has been granted his wish.

The UFC’s official Brazilian website confirmed the scrap Wednesday afternoon.

Belcher has been quietly making his way up the 185-pound totem pole. “The Talent” collected his fourth consecutive win by posting a TKO victory over Rousimar Palhares in May.

The 28-year-old broke his right hand on Palhares’ face during the assault and has been riding the pine ever since.

Speaking of fractured right haymakers, Belfort’s mitt is also on the mend. He was forced to withdraw from a UFC 147 shootout against Wanderlei Silva to go under the knife.

The former UFC light heavyweight champ was last seen submitting Anthony Johnson at UFC 142 in January.

The critical middleweight contest will likely co-headline the October 13th fiesta. Featherweight champion Jose Aldo defends his throne against Erik Koch in the show’s featured attraction.
source
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Yeah I just saw this.
What a sick fight! I'm really looking forward to this one!
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:33 pm

This
Is
Awesome
!!!!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Heh I like both these guys .... but I have given up on getting excited about Belfort anymore until the boy steps in the ring. Up until the ref says "fight"...... Belfort is always 50/50 if he'll make it to the fight healthy.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Vitor wanted weidman but weidman said no way. Weidman said he feels he shouldnt have to fight again unless it's for the title.But then said he would fight Bisping for a titleshot if he beats Stann. personally i dont think weidman wants anything to do with Vitor. Going into a stand up war with Vitor is a lot differnt than munoz. Personally if weidman really wants to make himself into a name he needs to take these big fights. If he took the fight with vitor and beat him then i bet weidman would get the next title shot hands down.

I guess what i am saying is for some one who wants to make a serious run for the title,he needs to take on any major contenders who are calling for him.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7966

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:18 pm

yea in an ideal fight world, but here its all prestige and money talking. if weidman takes vitors fight and loses then he is the guy that didnt quite make it and if loses to anderson he will have the title fight on his resume. much more marketable. he is trying to see if he can push for it and if he doesnt get it, he will take any other marketable fight.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Gecko wrote:
Vitor wanted weidman but weidman said no way. Weidman said he feels he shouldnt have to fight again unless it's for the title.But then said he would fight Bisping for a titleshot if he beats Stann. personally i dont think weidman wants anything to do with Vitor. Going into a stand up war with Vitor is a lot differnt than munoz. Personally if weidman really wants to make himself into a name he needs to take these big fights. If he took the fight with vitor and beat him then i bet weidman would get the next title shot hands down.

I guess what i am saying is for some one who wants to make a serious run for the title,he needs to take on any major contenders who are calling for him.

Weidman..... 9 fights... 5 in the ufc.... telling Dana what he will and will not do.... scratch
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10312

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 pm

War Belcher
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153   Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher Confirmed for UFC 153
Page 1 of 1