The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Vote_lcap"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Voting_bar"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Vote_lcap"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Voting_bar"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)

Go down 
+5
samger2
Krieger
stock
norcalmatt
Chrom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22838

"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Empty
PostSubject: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Guida: "You kneed me in the face a couple times and pulled my hair once or twice too."
Maynard: "It's a fight man"
WTF Does that mean... only time I see hair pulling in fights is with bitches.
Oh yeah, and women.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16377

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:46 pm

ya....i saw the fight and there was hair pulling.....i thought clay should have won....the hair pulling allowed maynard to get points that could have been the deciding factor
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm not a fan of Clay's strategy, but I understand it. I also think he won, I've seen the fight metric stats and don't buy that shit one bit. When in the fuck did Gray out strike Clay? Punches hitting the air count now? I'm also wondering why a ton of people are claiming that Gray had the cage control... I've never seen a guy with cage control get frustrated with his position... Gray was clearly frustrated. If he had cage control he woulda been able to stop Guida's movement and put him on his back. We all know thats where Gray likes to be. Anyone swinging at the air constantly should never be assumed to have control... no one is looking to swing at nothing, thats not what his plan was.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35180

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:51 pm

I was happy with the decision.
I think the reason he had "cage control" is because he had the center of the ring the entire time while Guida just hopped around the outside and would periodically jump in with short combos.

I did not expect anything other than a horribly boring fight with two horribly boring fighter, so I pretty much got what I expected.

Imo, neither fighter deserved the win, but was fine with Maynard getting it. I thought he imposed the only action of the fight (4th round) where he actually forced Guida to do something.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:50 am

Yes! This Gif is a perfect example of how and when Maynard could get any sort of offense going.
Eye rake to distract for the shot... Fail
Hair pull to get the clinch... Success!
Try an arm in guillotine... Fail
"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Maynard-guida
Well, thats enough for the win I guess...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5719

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Yeah... for a "bully" Maynard does tend to whine like a little biitch. Hair pulling, eye raking, couldn't get Guida to the ground.... couldn't finish a harm in Guillotine... cmon Bully boy ... your'e lucky you got the nod.... just take the win and move on.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10293

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 am

Both of these dudes are boring. I won't watch a Guida fight anymore because I've said it before and I'll say it again Guida is the absolute insanely busiest fighter I've ever seen....that does absolutely nothing.

And Maynard can't close a fight. He's had Frankie beaten twice but couldn't close the deal. I swear these two have to have the record for most fights gone the distance.

Meh...I'm over them both.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:53 am

Good point.
Guida used to be fairly fun to watch, but over the last 1.5 years or so he is exactly how you describe him, "Insanely busy.... does absolutely nothing".
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12598

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:36 pm

stock wrote:
Good point.
Guida used to be fairly fun to watch, but

You can say this about most fighters that move to Jacksons camp...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm

FistK wrote:
stock wrote:
Good point.
Guida used to be fairly fun to watch, but

You can say this about most fighters that move to Jacksons camp...

lol! cheers to true there
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59432

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:50 pm

I still find Guida fun to watch. This was one fight where he knew his opponent was just gonna try to gorilla clobber him with huge punches, so he tried to avoid it.
I don't think it's fair to just generalize him like he just does the same repetitive thing over and over again. I mean look at his most recent fights before this one.
-He and Ben Henderson put on one of the most exciting fights of the year.
-He knew Pettis was a great striker, so he used wrestling to control him.
-He knew Gomi had no ground game, so he took him down and submitted him.

He definitely has a varied attack, so it's not really accurate to say that he does nothing, just the gameplan isn't always popular. Considering his camp, that's no surprise.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3771

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 pm

To be fair I didn't see this particular fight (still haven't adjusted to all the UFC events or them being on Fox/FX) ,but I thought Guida is still pretty exciting to watch ,but has gotten more technical.

What bugs me in general is when a fighter is losing and complains or acts like it's boring. Instead of doing that shit why don't you do something to fight back, it's not like you'd pull that shit in a real fight.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:07 am

Snake Five wrote:

What bugs me in general is when a fighter is losing and complains or acts like it's boring. Instead of doing that shit why don't you do something to fight back, it's not like you'd pull that shit in a real fight.

I would watch the fight first dude before saying that. Normally I agree, but Maynard and the rest of the world were all getting pretty pissed off at Guida's running away routine.

I was at this fight and NEVER before in all my time watching the UFC have I seen a crowd turn on a fighter like they did on Clay. When he entered the ring the crowd was going absolutely nuts and booing the shit out of Gray. They were chanting Clay for the first two rounds, but by the time the fourth round came around they were booing the hell out of Guida for the way he was fighting. Not saying that I agree, but I never saw anything like it. It was pretty bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:17 am

Clay was right "look at my face dude and look at your face".

And "I don't whine about shiit dude". ( Maynard was the Queen of whiney biitches that night)
C'mon really? The bully commenting on Clays hairstyle?

I don't believe this was that bad a fight, what is getting to me is all the "piling on that is going on now." Sure fans have an opinion but when fighters pile on fighters its just low.

One example I saw an interview with Nate Quarry and Frank Shamrock last night (one is a biitch) and Quarry was going off on Guida's performance. How does it work when a 12 and 4 fighter gets to crap on a 29 and 13 WARRIOR and get away with it. Sure fans can have their opinions but c'mon if you are a fighter at least look the guy in the eye when you are crapping on his performance. As fans we get to do it cause thats what fans do .... but a fighter ....? Look the guy in the eye first before you start tweet crapping on him.

Oh btw I LOVED the KO of Franklin over Quarry..... straight fall back ktfo....

Guida gives it his all every fight, always entertaining, ya have to respect a fighter like that.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:36 am

It would be a pretty boring show if they hired Nate Quarry to be a commentator and he didnt comment...lol
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Come on now, you shouldn't be surprised that Quarry said what he said. We all know how he feels about guys running in fights.

http://www.mmaturf.com/forum/gallery/mma-gifs/nate-quarry-vs-kalib-starnes-ufc-83-gif/936
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:05 am

Yeah I know what youre saying but comparing Starnes and Guida? Naaaaaw
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:20 am

Yeah, I was just making a joke.
Nothing was as bad as Starnes, IMO.
Please believe me, that was the worst......

Please.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:17 am

Snake Five wrote:
To be fair I didn't see this particular fight (still haven't adjusted to all the UFC events or them being on Fox/FX) ,but I thought Guida is still pretty exciting to watch ,but has gotten more technical.

I think the main difference here is that Maynard was not losing the fight. He was doing everything in his power to engage except Guida would have none of it. In the third round Maynard had to literally drop his hands to his knees and poke his face out toward Guida JUST to get him to finally come forward and swing some punches.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10293

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:06 am

Again...we're dealing with a guy...exciting or not...that fights not to lose vs fighting to win.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15312

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:44 pm

samger2 wrote:
Again...we're dealing with a guy...exciting or not...that fights not to lose vs fighting to win.

Well said
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Yeah, I was just making a joke.
Nothing was as bad ass, IMO.
Please believe me, that was the worst......

Please.

Crying or Very sad

Heh yeah... you know something is real bad when you get embarrassed just watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)   "Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video) Empty

Back to top Go down

"Thats weak! WEAK! WEAK!" Guida & Maynard Heated Backstage Debate (Video)
Page 1 of 1