The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Kenny Florian Retires Vote_lcapKenny Florian Retires Voting_barKenny Florian Retires Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Kenny Florian Retires Vote_lcapKenny Florian Retires Voting_barKenny Florian Retires Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Kenny Florian Retires

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

Kenny Florian Retires Empty
PostSubject: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:43 am

Kenny Florian Retires Kenny_florian_6_large

Dana White announcement: UFC veteran Kenny Florian retires from MMA

Quote :
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White today (May 31, 2012) took to the stage after the The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 15 Finale weigh in event wrapped in Las Vegas, Nevada, to make a special announcement:

Three-time world title challenger Kenny Florian has retired from mixed martial arts (MMA) and is moving onto "bigger and better things" as a commentator/announcer.

Florian, who was last seen in action on Oct. 8, 2011, at UFC 136 in Houston, Texas, contending for Jose Aldo's 145-pound Featherweight title, has suffered from back problems in the past, but he re-injured it in November while lifting weights. As a result, Florian has been dealing with tingling and numbness in his right leg.

And it's apparently enough to force the 36-year-old original TUF contestant into retirement.

Kenny Florian wrote:
"I'm just so thankful to the UFC and everyone here for everything they have done. Fighting found me and I'm a much better person because of it. I'm happy.... I've dealt with injuries in the past, but back in November I was training and hurt my back. It just hasn't quite been the same ... I re-injured it a few weeks back. So, it's been tough. I haven't been able to train. And I'm the type of person who never wants to do anything half-ass. If I'm going to train for a fight, I want to be able to do it 100 percent. [The decision] has been several months [in the making]. It's been very, very hard. It's been tough."

srce
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15333

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:58 am

Damn that really sucks, i always enjoyed his fights and was always a threat in the cage. he will be missed inside the cage.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm sure Dana will have a job for him, he's a level headed guy who knows the sport inside and out.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:07 pm

One of the most Smartest, Intelligent, Tough As Nails Fighter in UFC History. How can you be that smart and that tough at the same time? It's gotta be KenFlo.

Always enjoyed watching his fights, always entertaining. He Brings it and I'm glad he fought in Vancouver.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12619

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Sounds like he is gonna be the permanent commentator for FX.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:03 am

I for one am glad ... any fighter whose nick name is based on the nick name of Brittney Spears ex K-Fed really never had a chance... really....

Awwwww c'mon.... KenFlo .... K-Fed .... really?

Ok ok ... yes Mr. Florian you have my best wishes...

Dare I say .... a 12 and 5 record in the UFC will hardly get him into the .... Dana White HOF

Ok ok I'm being harsh he did win that BIG fight with .... oh ... he lost that one.... but there was that fight against .... o.... he lost that one too.....

He was the bestest non-big fight winning fighter EVER!

Neutral
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9492

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:53 pm

He won the TUF contract as a MW, that's pretty good IMO. If there's a separate HOF for the guys off of TUF then he's a shoe in. Overall he's a great rep for the sport. I thought his nickname was more of a play on Jennifer Lopez's J-Lo. Wasn't she the first one with the first initial + partial last name thing?
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:53 pm

I know the trouble with hating on Kenny is that hes a nice guy.... so I take it all back

........ hmphffffffff yeah right.... heh... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Retires   Kenny Florian Retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenny Florian Retires
Page 1 of 1