The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold Vote_lcapRampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold Voting_barRampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold Vote_lcapRampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold Voting_barRampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59454

Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold Empty
PostSubject: Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold   Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Quote :
Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson still has one final fight to go in the UFC and it is scheduled to be against Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua, but not before he goes through surgery.

The former Pride fighter took to his Twitter account on Thursday with news that his knee injury that hampered him in the fight with Ryan Bader will require him to go under the doctor’s knife.

As a matter of face, both of Jackson’s knees will need to be surgically repaired.

“To keep it real, the Shogun fight will have to wait. I just found out that I have to get surgery on both knees,” wrote Rampage. “But I heal fast, don’t trip.”

Jackson didn’t specify the nature of the surgery, but from the tone in his post it doesn’t sound like major reconstructive surgery like the one UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre just had to undergo.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/rampage-jackson-to-undergo-double-knee-surgeries-shogun-fight-delayed

Guess he's gonna be in the UFC a little longer than he thought. Should provide him with ample time to continue bitching....
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5741

PostSubject: Re: Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold   Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Meh... hope his knees heal but he's still done. Surgery won't repair his declining irrelevant skill set.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold   Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Hmmm second thought.... Rampage gets his goodbye fight with Shogun and the next day says
"Oooo Oooo I forgot .... I need knee surgery!"

Hmmm real or ducking?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59454

PostSubject: Re: Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold   Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Well, I could see that being the case, except he has been saying for awhile now that he wants fight Shogun again before he retires. So I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold   Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Its too bad that that thought would even creep into my head ... means the seed of doubt is there.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5408

PostSubject: Re: Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold   Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:33 pm

I want go as far as saying that he is ducking Shogun. I will go as far as saying that he might not really need surgery on that knee though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold   Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage to have knee surgery; Shogun fight put on hold
Page 1 of 1