The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Spartacus: Vengeance Vote_lcapSpartacus: Vengeance Voting_barSpartacus: Vengeance Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Spartacus: Vengeance Vote_lcapSpartacus: Vengeance Voting_barSpartacus: Vengeance Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Spartacus: Vengeance

Go down 
+2
Chrom
samger2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10294

Spartacus: Vengeance Empty
PostSubject: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 am

Anyone watching? I'm undecided on what I think. The second episode was definitely better than the first but 2 main things are bothering me.

1) First and foremost, the new character that plays Spartacus is built like an 8th grade boy. I don't know how you can replace the old guy that was a built like a brick shit house with a puny guy with next to no muscle tone...especially next to the other gladiators who are big. I guess I understand them trying to find a guy that resembled Andy Whitfield in the face, but I'd rather see an intimidating "gladiator" that looks kinda like him that is more believable in the role.

2) I'm sooooo sick of hearing the phrase "cock in ass"...the dialect is beginning to become a bit far fetched to me.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22839

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:25 am

I agree completely! The new guy also seems to be trying too hard IDK
Like you I am still undecided.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 am

They're pitching Spartacus as a softie also....like the cop on the walking dead. I mean come on, you're a freaking gladiator that kills for the fun of it...and kills brutally...if some dude comes at you with a blade and tries to take your life you're not gonna spare his because you're kind hearted.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5720

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Okay.... It has to be the toughest gig in the world .... following a guy like Andy after he dies of cancer, playing who he was but in your own style. Tough gig not just on Liam McIntyre but the whole crew.... damn.

I think he will beef up as the show continues. Andy Whitfield had the benifit of working out up to six hours a day as they developed the show with the rest of the actors.

I will keep watching ... I like the show and the writing has always been strong.....

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/tragic-end-to-stars-epic-tale/story-e6frfmqi-1226140201774
Back to top Go down
butterknifeninja
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
butterknifeninja

Standard Cash : 3996

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:29 pm

I have the first couple episodes still on my DVR and I'm dying to watch them. I'll be staying away from this topic for now Smile
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7948

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:06 pm

im watching and the ending of the season was fucking epic.
awesome show, i was so pumped
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah, that last episode was pretty brutal
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15313

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:43 am

I actually thought that sam worthington from avatar and clash of the titans looked a lot like the original guy who played spartacus. I think he would have done a pretty good job too.

Side not wrath of the titans in 3d was freaking epic!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus: Vengeance   Spartacus: Vengeance Empty

Back to top Go down

Spartacus: Vengeance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The MMA Standard :: Movies/TV/Music/Games-
Jump to: