The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Vote_lcapTito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Voting_barTito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Vote_lcapTito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Voting_barTito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Empty
PostSubject: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Quote :
When the Bellator 131 main event fight between UFC Hall of Famers Tito Ortiz and Stephan Bonnar was first announced, Bonnar made a spectacle of it.

He and Ortiz were in the cage at Bellator 123 to announce the fight. Bonnar went off on Ortiz, tossing several disparaging remarks in the former UFC light heavyweight champion’s direction. The announcement devolved into an in-cage scuffle that left most onlookers shaking their heads.

According to Tito Ortiz, it was all according to plan. Not that he intended for Bonnar to step in the cage and blast him on a personal level, dragging Ortiz’s family and fans into his trash talk. Ortiz says he did, however, plan to sucker Bonnar into fighting him under the Bellator banner, not in the UFC, as he believes was the original plan.

“Well, it really came down to a plan, an idea that I thought would work, worked perfectly,” Ortiz said on a recent edition of Knockout Radio when asked how the fight came together.

“When I first signed with Bellator, I guess Dana (White) and Bonnar kind of had an idea that if they called me out, I would come back to the UFC and fight. And this was a year ago that this happened. And I wasn’t going to let that happen.

“I wanted to fight in Bellator, so I signed with Bellator and I thought in my mind, ‘How can I get Bonnar to Bellator to finally shut him up and smash him after the things he said?’” he continued.

“And sneakily on my side, I got (fighter manager) Dave Thomas to sign him. Dave Thomas signed him and we had to think of something to make him believe that Dave Thomas doesn’t like me, that Paul Herrera didn’t like me. Paul Herrera was going to coach him. And Stephan Bonnar bit the line, hook and sinker. He thought in his own mind that all of his guys were against me and I fooled him.”

Ortiz’s relationship with Herrera goes back a long, long way. Herrera was Ortiz’s high school wrestling coach, and he’s trained with Herrera off and on for years. Ortiz indicates that sending Herrera in to work with Bonnar was his plan all along, that it really had nothing to do with him not wanting to work with Herrera, and that it had everything to do with having an insider in Bonnar’s camp.

“And now it’s a week out from the fight. I know how his training camp went. I know the ins and outs. So he just got baited,” Ortiz said. “That’s how bad I want to cave his face in.

“I’m the king of trash talk, but at the end of the day, the person who laughs last, laughs loudest and hardest. And that’s me.”

Knockout Radio host Randy Harris asked Ortiz outright, “So this was all a setup up by you and not him?”

“Come on, how long have I been in this business? Can’t mess with me!” Ortiz declared. “This guy, when he talked trash, with him and Dana talking trash, I was like, ‘How do I get in the cage and fight him and not in the UFC?’ And I just sat back and let the strings be pulled.

“I know everything from the wrestling side of it. I know what he can and can’t do through Paul Herrera, who his training partner is. I know how much he’s been working on his takedown defense, what type of striking he’s been doing.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/tito-ortiz-says-he-turned-the-tables-on-stephan-bonnar-and-dana-white

scratch

OK, maybe the wrestling coach thing is true, but does Tito really believe that Dana was actually trying to bring him back into the UFC? And that Dana would recruit Stephan fucking Bonnar to do it?!
This guy is freakin scary dellusional.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10297

Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

I didn't even read the article, but the only thing I can think of is "and then next he met up with hacksaw jim duggan and devised a plan of attack where they included a team gang up with roudy roddy piper, hulk hogan and the iron shiek...they snuck up behind Bonnar and....BAM hit him over the back with a chair...oh no! He's down for the count, and Ortiz is on top...1..2...3...ORTIZ IS THE NEW CHAMPION OF THE WRESTLING UNIVERSE!!!!!

And then Tito wakes up with a wet spot in the front of his pants, has a glass of milk and eats his breakfast bowl of lucky charms.

DOUCHE
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:33 pm

wonder how long until tlc and buried alive matches will be headlining mma events..

+1 sam had me in tears
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Yeah it's becoming extremely clear that Tito has wholeheartedly immersed himself into this MMA/Pro wrestling bastard child of the Spike TV universe.
It's sickening that he- as a pioneer of the sport- would dive into this mockery of MMA so willingly.

Factor in the garbage from Bonnar, King Mo, and Rampage and the rest of the fighters in Bellator must be palming the unholy shit out of their faces by now.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:56 am

Lol what a clown.

What's even funnier is the fact that he comes off like the UFC/Dana would even give a shit if this absurd story were true lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:58 pm

FistK wrote:
Lol what a clown.

What's even funnier is the fact that he comes off like the UFC/Dana would even give a shit if this absurd story were true lol.

Yeah that's the most ridiculous, egotistical part out of all of this. Aside from the fact that Dana basicly forced him into leaving/retirement because he was just plain sick of having him in the UFC, how big does Tito's head have to be (pun intended) to actually believe that Dana and co. are just sitting around and brainstorming and scheming and saying to themselves "OK guys, we have absolutely got to find a way to get Tito Ortiz back here!! I don't care what it takes; lying, decieving, having our fucking top-flight super megastar Stephan Bonnar lure him back here by bashing his family and fans. Anything to make it happen!!"
And then when Bonnar comes to Bellator, Tito believes he actually achieved some big victory over Dana, like Dana is just weeping uncontrollably right now because not only was he unable to bring Tito back, but now he lost Bonnar to Bellator, too. All because of that mastermind Tito Ortiz and his lethal wits and cunning!!!

I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS TITO!!!!! IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
War!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15316

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 8:05 am

You know Tito if this plan of yours was the focus on cain, silva, weidman,jds,nelson or some one i could see how you would feel like you gave the UFC a big F-U.

But it's Bonnar Tito. I think that's all that needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:06 am

That shit looked more like Dana was the mastermind and tricked those dumbasses into booking Bonnar as their main event and had him show up in worse shape than my dad lol.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 pm

FistK wrote:
That shit looked more like Dana was the mastermind and tricked those dumbasses into booking Bonnar as their main event and had him show up in worse shape than my dad lol.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Dana actually looks like a genius for getting rid of these two slabs of dead weight. If anybody is getting played here, it's Coker for paying these guys! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.   Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tito Ortiz says he "baited" Stephan Bonnar into Bellator fight, spoiled Dana's plan to get him back into the UFC, and put a mole in Bonnar's camp.
Page 1 of 1