The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Vote_lcapTito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Voting_barTito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Vote_lcapTito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Voting_barTito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Empty
PostSubject: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:17 pm

Quote :
Tonight at Bellator 97, the entire MMA community assumed the 'LOL, WHUT' pose when it was announced that Rampage Jackson won't be boxing Roy Jones Jr., but instead he will be facing Tito Ortiz on Bellator's first PPV card on November 2nd.

Yeah, we couldn't guess it in a million years either.

Earlier today I tried calling the director of PR over at Bellator, but he ducked my phone calls throughout the afternoon so I knew something was up.

Well there you have it people, Rampage Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz going down in Bellator -- which means Tito Ortiz is not only out of retirement, but he's signed to Bellator.

Wut?
Neutral 

Click the link to see the staredown gif.
http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/11568-rampage-jackson-vs-tito-ortiz-is-going-down-november-2nd-in-bellator-what
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 am

I have no interest in watching that.
I also don't give Tito a chance in hell.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:27 am

I'm highly interested. I like both these guys and think it should be a solid fight. I'm sure a ton of folks are writing Tito off. But, I thought he has looked pretty good in his "recent" losses.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10312

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:09 pm

I saw them announce it last night when I was watching the event. What a joke IMO...Bellator is trying sooooo hard to be the UFC...but the whole thing just looked like a pro wrestling event to me...Tito coming out all chest popped out...carrying his signature flag...he tried to make Rampage flinch and it didn't work because Rampage had already looked away. BORING fight. All Tito has to do is take Rampage down and we have 3 rounds of Tito winning a boring decision because Rampage looks like a fish out of water when he's on the ground. Or maybe Tito will try to stand with Rampage and Rampage will TKO a washed up Tito and think he's the new thing in MMA.

As Stock said...I have no interest in watching this fight...and on top of that it's a PPV event. I now have less interest in watching it than I did before.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10312

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:10 pm

All that being said....all the fights on the Bellator event were highly entertaining last night though.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm half with stock and half with Chrom on this.
I actually give Tito a pretty good chance in this fight. Rampage used to have really good TDD, but it hasn't seemed nearly as up to snuff lately. If Tito can hang in there enough on the feet to buy some time and score a few TDs per round, I think he can take a decision here.

But I have no interest in watching it.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Don't mistake my interest for willingness to pay for a less than stellar card.
If it's just them and a typical Bellator undercard....
Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November 3qywyb
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9490

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Thats-nice-dear
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:36 am

Honestly, I'd drop 20 on it. Definitely wouldn't pay anywhere near UFC PPV $$$ on it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November   Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November Empty

Back to top Go down

Tito Ortiz comes out of retirement to face Rampage on Bellator PPV card in November
Page 1 of 1