The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Vote_lcapKimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Voting_barKimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Vote_lcapKimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Voting_barKimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Empty
PostSubject: Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut   Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:08 am

its been a long time since Kimbo Slice, aka Kevin Ferguson, last entered a mixed martial arts cage. The street fighting legend, who rose to national prominence with a string of internet brawl videos in the early aughts then parlayed his fame into an absurdly lucrative MMA career with pit-stops in Elite XC and the UFC, inked a surprising multi-fight deal with Bellator last week, and even after five years away from the sport, Slice remains willing to take on all comers.

"I don't even know who's there right now (in Bellator) as heavyweights. But s**t, anybody. Just feed me. I'm ready to be fed," Slice said on Tuesday's edition of The MMA Hour.

One name in particular caught Slice's attention, and it was a man familiar to the soon-to-be 41-year-old: none other than Seth Petruzelli.
In many ways, Petruzelli became the fighter to end the myth of Slice when he accepted a last-second fight against the street brawler back in 2008, then proceeded to knock out Slice on national television in just 14 seconds. Up to that point, Slice had effectively served as the poster boy for promotion EliteXC, and his anticlimactic loss to a relative unknown ended up sinking the company.

Petruzelli's career largely floundered following that night. He announced his retirement last June after suffering back-to-back first-round KO/TKO losses, however all three of Petruzelli's most recent fights were fought under the Bellator umbrella, so the option is there if Bellator wanted to book a rematch against Slice.

"I'm sure they would. I mean, they should. I mean, I would love to," Slice said of the idea. "I owe that dude one. The nature of it, I could complain all day long on this and that, but s**t, it just went down the way it went down, but goddamn I owe him one."

Slice also added one more name to his callout list.

"S**t, you know they could put Tito (Ortiz) on that plane, too," he said. "For sure. I got a bone to pick with that dude, man.

"Ain't no problem with him yet, but you know, from back in the Strikeforce days, I was handling s**t about him calling me out and talking s**t about me, so yeah, we could definitely put that in the making. He's gotta have a problem with my hand game."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/20/7862063/kimbo-slice-calls-out-seth-petruzelli-tito-ortiz-for-bellator-debut
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut   Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:16 am

This is the funniest title I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut   Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:58 am

i wish bellator would have signed crocop because id watch crocop vs kimbo.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15316

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut   Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:29 pm

drainbamage wrote:
i wish bellator would have signed crocop because id watch crocop vs kimbo.

that would be a good fight.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut   Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:32 am

theres a couple of fights that will be fun to watch with kimbo but after those 2 or 3 the novelty will wear off.
i understand what coker is trying to do and i respect it but i cant see how this will work out good for bellator with the talent he is pursuing.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut   Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Kimboshitavatar
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut   Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:45 pm

^^^
Damn, that's a throwback pic right there! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut   Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut Empty

Back to top Go down

Kimbo Slice calls out Seth Petruzelli, Tito Ortiz for Bellator debut
Page 1 of 1