The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 Voting_barThe Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 Voting_barThe Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*

Go down 
+3
Triggerman99
Chrom
samger2
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12597

The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:42 am

I think my wife may have hit it on the head with Rousey. I'm not sure yet, but I think she is right.

My wife simply stated that she was REALLY immature. And come to think of it, man she really does act that way. Even the way she huffed off when she yelled at Tate for laughing at her fighters pain reaked of a junior high school kid.

The thing I do not understand is, for the last month or so leading up to this show the only thing I heard in the taping rumors was what a complete and utter bitch Tate was. Like she was almost impossible to deal with and was such a self entitled asshole. Then you watch the show and she looks level headed and Rousey looks like a maniac...lol.

Who knows?
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10292

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Immature and inexperienced. She hasn't tasted defeat yet...so this is a glimpse into her sore loser mentality. If she cries like a baby after one of her fighters loses I can't imagine what a mess she'll be when she loses her title.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 2:24 pm

FistK wrote:
I think my wife may have hit it on the head with Rousey.  I'm not sure yet, but I think she is right.

The thing I do not understand is, for the last month or so leading up to this show the only thing I heard in the taping rumors was what a complete and utter bitch Tate was.  Like she was almost impossible to deal with and was such a self entitled asshole.  Then you watch the show and she looks level headed and Rousey looks like a maniac...lol.

Who knows?
This is all I heard as well.
Tate has seemed completely normal (other than the " you are too close to my boyfriend posturing BS".
Rousey is fkn Bi-polar and nuts.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 am

Thoughts on last night's episode? I'm glad Dana told the little girls that their "drama" is not good for them or the UFC. In regards to the fight...I'm not at all surprised at the outcome...I am however surprised at how Roxanne gassed out. For being a ground grappler she sure was winded going into the second round after having dominant position throughout the first. I also can't place her as a fighter at all. I know she has like 26 fights and was one of the best in the world at some point, but man that does not translate AT ALL. I know she mentioned she went through a phase where she didn't want to hit anyone and that's what got her into BJJ...heck I think she's still in that phase. Even the shots she landed looked like they were at half power.

At any rate, I was very dissapointed with Roxanne...I was hoping for another win for team Tate...especially someone as nice and respectful as Roxy.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Just wanted to bump this before tonight's episode.

That Davey guy who manhandled poor little Louie last week has jumped into my list of favorites to win the show. He looked like an animal in there. Granted, I think Louie was probably one of the weakest fighters in the house, but Davey brought it to him and never even gave him a chance. Louie pretty much begged him to finish the fight because he had clearly had enough and wanted a way out.

I'm really looking forward to the fight tonight. This could be a very scrappy and entertaining chick fight. I got Jessamyn winning the show overall, and I'd be lying if I said I'm not a fan of that cute, tomboy, county, hard-ass thing she's got going on. I'm guessing she could be damn near stunning if she wanted to be, but this works, too IMO.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm with you on all accounts trigger. Something didn't rub me right about Louie...didn't care for his attitude. Even though I want Tate to come out the overall winner, I was happy to see the Davey guy win...agreed he was an animal.

And yes, I'm super pumped for tonight's fight, rarely do you see a woman's fight with lots of blood, but there was a clip with blood...so I'm looking forward to that. And I agree about there being something about Jessamyn...I think it's her smiled coupled with that southern draw...but the fight will do nothing for me in that regard, because unfortunately one sure fire way to take away a woman's beauty is by putting her head in cornrows...blahhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Yeah I think what made me take notice of her is when I first saw her with her hair all the way down. I was like "Well huh... would you look at that?" lol
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Everyone's thoughts on the most anticipated fight of the season thus far? I thought it was good. Even though Raquel hits hard and is tough I will say I was a bit disappointed that she wasn't more aggressive. She is a great counter puncher and very calculated, but I felt there were times she could've ended the fight but backed up. Jessamyn has heart for daaaaaays...she took a freaking baseball bat to the noggin for at least 2 rounds but just kept moving forward. All in all it was entertaining and I was happy team Tate won.

Speaking of team tate...I just hope they win every fight for the rest of the season and then Meisha KO's or better yet taps out Ronda. What a little sour child Ronda is, zero sportsmanship and cannot take a loss to save her life. Oh...and all of her camera time is like a damn lifetime after school special...woe is me I hate the world and everyone named Meisha. Stupid.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 am

Best damn WMMA fight I have ever seen! Rousey on camera means nothing to me,  still hope she takes home the W. Tate doesn't deserve to be a UFC champion at this point. 1-2 in her last 3 outings and was literally saying she was ready to call it quits in the fight biz less than a year ago. To top it off she's coming in off a loss.

Rousey doesn't seem as bad to me as she does to the rest of you guys apparently. But I do tend to keep in mind that TV will show you what makes the show intriguing and bring in viewers. At least Ronda is the way she is at all times, Tate and her team are two faced, playing the good guy role on camera and then pulling silly ass pranks when the cameras aren't there.
Also, everything I have read from the fighters them selves, in the blogs and what not, is that Tate and her team are a bunch of dicks basically.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah I will agree that you never really know what goes on, the editors can make anyone look bad regardless of how they really are.

I still don't like how salty she is when she loses though. Plain and simple that's some tito/shammy bad sportsmanlike bullshit to flip off the other coach when she tries to compliment your fighter for "good fight"...especially when it was in fact the best fight of the season thus far. High school shit right there.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Yeah I don't know what they aren't showing, but what they are showing is plenty enough for me to come to the conclusion that Rousey, as a person, is a complete piece of shit compared to Tate. Hell, compared to most funcioning adults. There's no way to spin it or hide the truth when it comes to the bratty child shit Ronda has demonstrated on several occasions.

She's a pouty, overemotional, unsportsmanlike bitch. No media spin needed.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Right, but that doesn't mean shit in the cage. All's I'm saying is that the shit we see, doesn't affect my wanting of Tate to lose.

edit: that and I like my assholes to be straightforward, not passive aggressive
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:46 pm

I hear ya Chrom. To me though it's about the total person, not just the fighter. It's about being a representative of the sport. That's why no matter how good of a fighter mayweather is...people just want the conceited prick to get KTFO. It's a complete package thing...no matter what kind of fighters the Diaz brothers are, it makes soooo many peoples' day when they lose.

The same is beginning to happen with Rousey, no matter the level of talent...when your douchosity begins to overwhelm your skills people stop liking you and wanting you to win.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm not even talking about the "inside the cage" part of this at all. That's not what this is about.

This is a reality TV show, and Rousey and Tate will not under any circumstances be fighting in a cage at any point during the show. That leaves us with who they are as people.

Rousey is- I have no doubt- the superior fighter to Tate. And I honestly don't care one way or the other who wins their fight. I truly mean that. But what we have here is a display of who these two are as people. And from what I have gathered so far watching this show, Rousey is a tool of epic proportions.
Maybe it's being edited so that Rousey looks like a bitch or something, but there was no way to edit the things that we did actually see her do with our own eyes so far on the show (the ridiculous "smile at my fighter's pain" comment, the "go fuck yourself" to Miesha when Miesha tried to shake her hand after a fantastic fight by their fighters, just as a few examples). She really does act that way. The proof is right there in front of us.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:46 am

thoughts on last night's episode? Even though I wanted Tate's team to get the win, I was happy that the more skilled fighter won. I'm with Dana, I'm not a fan of the guy that tries to press up against the cage the whole fight for the win.

And again, Rousey is a child with two middle fingers...she's a female Diaz.

Granted what Tate did with the pictures WAS pretty immature. But the funny thing is, she's right! That chick from dodgeball is the perfect mix of the two!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:11 am

Oh and the fact that Ronda called Tate's actions "racist" is such horseshit.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15311

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
Rousey is such a confrontational, toolbag dipshit that she somehow managed to make herself look worse than Bryan fucking Carraway. You gotta be a real piece of work to pull that off.

1000% agree with ya there.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:30 pm

I also wanted Rousey's fighter to win this week. That guy from Tate's team did exactly what Dana said he was going to do. Fortunately, he paid for it and got out-fought by an actual fighter.

I think the big issue here with the antics being pulled on Team Rousey by Team Tate is that Rousey and her team just literally have zero sense of humor. Granted, the picture hanging stuff was kind of lame, but FFS, lighten up Rousey! Miesha probably has seen in past seasons that pranking has been a really big part of the show, so she's just trying to get in on it and follow suit. The problem is the perception of it all by Rousey. Instead of just going "Oh haha, real funny. Whatever." like most normal adults would do, she takes it to a whole different level and starts claiming that Miesha is two-faced and that she's phony by being nice to her face and "mean" behind her back, and that Miesha should say something to her face if she has a problem.
WTF is she talking about?! Miesha isn't going behind Rousey's back and saying she's a piece of shit or she's a bad person or something and then changing her tune when she sees Rousey, she's hanging fucking pictures up around the gym in an attempt to be funny for fuck's sake! That's not two-faced or phony, it's just an attempt to lighten the mood a little. If Rousey wasn't such a confrontational asshat she might be able to see that. But no, everything always has to be an angry crisis with this chick.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:41 pm

Oh and I was just discussing this with my friend and I wanted to add to something that Sam touched on:

That whole racist thing that Ronda was trying to spin actually made Ronda herself seem very racist. I mean take a step back from this and think about it for second;
The pictures Tate's team put up were making fun of Edmund's eyebrows. Never was there any mention of him being Armenian or any joking at all that his ethnicity is comical- all it was about was Edmund the person has huge eyebrows. That is, until Ronda herself made it about race and pointed out that she thinks all Armenians have huge eyebrows. As if that wasn't enough, she went on to say "what if I called Beal 'Ashy Larry'? Wouldn't that be racist?", implying all black people are ashy. Uhh, yeah... You actually just did, and yeah.... thats pretty racist.
So she just made two racist generalizations in the same breath, and Miesha is the racist one?! I thought she just made fun of his eyebrows.....
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:03 am

Once again...she's a sore loser. No, she didn't lose the fight, but for all intents and purposes she lost the "prank" battle that day because Tate attacked her with a prank. So what's her response? Be super salty and immature.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:03 pm

I have come to the conclusion that this over the top "bad girl" heel image is being manufactured a bit... and for good reason. Rhonda needed to be the heel in order for anyone to really give a flying fuck about Tate winning. Prior to the show no one would have been pulling for Tate, for multiple valid reasons. But now the show has established a good guy vs bad guy scenario and the fight should garner more views. That is what's happening here IMO I also think it's odd to see the coaches back and forth affect the viewers want of certain fighters to win. In that I think the "hatred" has made it a much more "team" mentality show... if that makes sense.

Now on to the fight. So glad the 9-0 guy lost. He has little to offer other than grinding it out and that's the kind of style that would kill the finale had he went all the way. Glad he's out of there.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:27 pm

I don't know. I mean Sam and I both said we wanted Ronda's fighters to win the last two fights, so it's not like our opinions are being swayed by our feelings about the coaches. And again; you can't manufacture the things that Ronda is actually doing and saying. There's no editing or suggestion needed by the producers when Ronda is acting like a complete dipshit right there in plain sight over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 pm

If you look around at other sites you will see what I'm talking about. I'm not saying she isn't doing the things she is obviously doing. I'm suggesting that some one may have asked her to be/insinuated she should be more/over the top confrontational or what ever. Possibly/probably for the reasons I mentioned. I mean, it makes sense doesn't it? Plus just take a look at our own thread, a pretty decent chunk of it is about the coaches and the drama rather than the actual fights... and we're not usually talking much about that aspect.
Just one man's conspiracy theory.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 3:51 pm

I will say Trigger...my opinions definitely are being swayed by the coaches. going into the fight I absolutely wanted Tate's fighter to win based solely on Ronda's attitude. It wasn't until I saw Tate's fighter doing just what Dana said he'd do that I finally realized that it's best the better more talented fighter actually win the fight.

If I could say right now which team I want to win, regarldess of the fighters...but right now I want one Team to win it all...hands down it'd be Tate's team...and that's based 100% on Ronda's pissy attitude that's either A) real...or B) being pushed and portrayed.

I can't stand a sore loser, or one that can't admit their shortcomings.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Chrom, I see what you are saying, but it's not like its all that far-fetched of an idea that Ronda actually is this much of an ass. I mean, it's not like she was known as some kind of all American sweetheart before the show aired. lol
On top of that, Ronda is the heavy favorite for their upcoming fight, so wouldn't it make more sense if Miesha was being portrayed as the villain, Ronda could slay her and be the hero or whatever?
I don't know. Either way, my opinion is that Ronda is really that much of a tool, while your opinion is that she's a huge tool, but she's getting some pointers from the producers on how to be an even bigger tool. OK, well then I guess we're just splitting hairs at this point. LOL

And Sam, I think you're selling yourself short. You said that you are swayed by the coaches when it comes to who to root for in fights, but then you said you did in fact change your mind when you saw the way Miesha's guy was fighting. So you ultimately made up your own mind, regardless of who was on what team. I don't think you're as impressionable as you think you are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*   The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter Rousey vs Tate *spoilers*
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next