The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Vote_lcapRousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Voting_barRousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Vote_lcapRousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Voting_barRousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?

Go down 
5 posters

Considering Dana's Rousey love... do you think Rousey v Tate would open the door for WMMA to break through into the UFC?
No Dana is too against it.
Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Vote_lcap45%Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Yes it would increase TUF interest AND open the UFC door for women.
Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Vote_lcap55%Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5729

Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Empty
PostSubject: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:26 am

Miesha Tate Loves the Idea of Coaching Opposite Ronda Rousey on The Ultimate Fighter
August 18, 2012 by Damon Martin
MMA Weekly

Through 15 seasons of The Ultimate Fighter reality show, the UFC and its television partners have seen and produced just about every angle possible in terms of coaches and fighters.

They’ve brought on heated rivals like Rashad Evans and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson as coaches. They’ve had YouTube street fighters like Kimbo Slice look to earn their way into the UFC through the reality show. There’s even been a live season of The Ultimate Fighter, although one is all anybody will be seeing of that format.

But if there is one element that The Ultimate Fighter has omitted through 15 seasons, heading into their 16th which debuts on FX in September, it’s a competition fueled by women’s mixed martial artists.

With this weekend’s Strikeforce card headlined by women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, it’s hard not to think that at some point down the road she and her biggest rival to date would make for great reality TV.

“I love it,” said Miesha Tate on MMAWeekly Radio when asked about her thoughts on coaching opposite Rousey on TUF. “I think that would be the fight to put on if they were going to do that. It doesn’t get any better than Ronda and I; two ladies who honestly have a rival between each other.” ...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/miesha-tate-loves-the-idea-of-coaching-opposite-ronda-rousey-on-the-ultimate-fighter
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:30 am

My male "piggyness" aside, I would love to see this TUF as a door opener to the UFC for women's MMA. I think it would be a good opportunity to bring some up and commers into the show and foster another element of the MMA/UFC fan base.

The more people interested the more people watch.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35190

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:33 pm

I'd have no problems on free cards, but it would pretty much guarantee I wouldn't purchase a ppv if a chick fight was one of the main fights.
I guess that means I am sexist, but I just don't find women MMA interesting in the same way I don't find middle school women's basketball interesting but I love mens college basketball.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Ronda-rousey-nude-espn

Do mens college basketball stars ... LOOK .... LIKE .... THIS... ?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I never said I'm not for them doing photo shoots.
Their fighting just sucks.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Dance
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12608

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:07 am

Why would it be Rousey and tate though? Its not like their fight was close. Rousey said she was going to break her arm and then did so in half a round.

Rousey and Cyborg maybe.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:08 am

Pretty much because Dana hates Guyborg and loves Tate and Rousey.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12608

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:11 am

Chrom wrote:
Pretty much because Dana hates Guyborg and loves Tate and Rousey.

haha, fair enough...
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:15 am

Joking aside. Nobody would give a crap about WMMA if there were not hot chicks.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:45 am

BS ... there was a time on this site where everyone was willing to do Cyborg.... but remain guilty. She ain't hot.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Krieger wrote:
BS ... there was a time on this site where everyone was willing to do Cyborg.... but remain guilty. She ain't hot.
Whoa, wait. What!?!

I don't recall that time.....
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Trigg... you were drunk and .... sorry to say..... but you were seen doing her....

Alcohol is a dangerous drug.....
Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Criscyborg

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:01 pm

If there was ever a time when I was drunk enough to bang that guy, I would have died of alcohol poisoning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?   Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rousey vs Tate on TUF .... Icebreaker for women in the UFC?
Page 1 of 1