The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Injury question. Vote_lcapInjury question. Voting_barInjury question. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Injury question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15317

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Injury question.   Injury question. EmptyThu May 07, 2015 12:22 pm

I just found out today i have a major compression on my c6-c7 spinal coloum. I am side lined from BJJ for at least 2 months now. Has any one gone through this before? If so any pointers on things i could take to speed the recovery along a little faster? Or even a remedy or even some type of stretching. Very Open minded.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59437

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury question.   Injury question. EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:11 pm

What's the cause of the compression (i.e. fracture, herniated disc, hematoma, abcess, etc)? Are we talking like sudden onset, like you got injured? or is it just something you developed?

I've never had this issue, but I know a few people who have probably had something similar.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury question.   Injury question. EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:19 pm

it was via herniated disc. This is some thing i developed over time from sitting at my job to much to even my mma/grapplng carrier. I am mostly worried this might side line permanent. which i really hope it's not. I've been done with MMA for a few years now but i am still very active in my BJJ and wrestling and would be very down and depressed if i have to give it up.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury question.   Injury question. EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Well I would think your Dr would want to get you in for surgery or corticosteroid treatment. If it's not a serious enough compression to require that, I would imagine avoiding any aggravation to it for awhile is probably the best medicine.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35185

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury question.   Injury question. EmptyThu May 07, 2015 3:22 pm

Steroids.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury question.   Injury question. EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:25 am

stock wrote:
Steroids.

Yeah the doctor gave me Medrol. I also got a boat load of vicitan and fllexral. Started taking extra glucose and calcium pills. Then to follow with 6 weeks of physical theory.

I am hoping i can be back on the mats in 2 months. Does that sound possible or am i kidding myself?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury question.   Injury question. EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:45 pm

That might be a little ambitious, but it certainly doesn't sound like you will have to give it up permanently like you feared.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury question.   Injury question. EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
That might be a little ambitious, but it certainly doesn't sound like you will have to give it up permanently like you feared.

i can easily accept that. cheers cheers cheers I hope you are right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Injury question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury question.   Injury question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Injury question.
Page 1 of 1