The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
hypothetical question about Silva Vote_lcaphypothetical question about Silva Voting_barhypothetical question about Silva Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
hypothetical question about Silva Vote_lcaphypothetical question about Silva Voting_barhypothetical question about Silva Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

hypothetical question about Silva

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

hypothetical question about Silva Empty
PostSubject: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:30 pm

I am just curious as to what others on here think about this. but lets say GSP does infact lose to Condit. (and lets face it could happen) obvously GSP and Silva super fight would be off. So if the super fight is off, who should get Silva next at this point? For me there is 4 guys that come to mind.

1. Bisping ofcourse 5-1 in his last 6. Win over stann and has not fought for the title before.

2. Belcher: 5-1 in his last 6 as well. win over paul harris and has not fought for the title either.

there are two others in th wing

1. Weidman- 5-0 last beat munoz. Still needs a little experience, to be honest this silva is ducking me thing is getting old and Bisping,Belcher and belfort have all asked for him and has said no to all except Bisping and with Bisping it was more like a no comment when bisping issued the challenge so i kind of feel like weidman needs to practice what he preaches. but none the less the kid is a rising star with lots of talent and lets be honest here a year down the road if he keeps up what he is doing he will get a shot. after all it took jones 7 wins before he got his shot at the title. Plus i dont think it would hurt his case to rack up 1 or 2 more wins. do that and a title shot will probably be waiting for him.

2. boestch-5-1 in his last 6 last beat lombard. what else can be said about the guy besides he knows how to make an upset happen. Lombard and Okami were suposed to walk through him and both failed. I wont lie but out of all 4 i nemed i think tim has the least chance at beating Silva.

So any thoughts who should be in the lead for Silva next? I wont lie I think all 4 guys should do one more fight to help get a better idea of who should get silva next. but if they needed some one asap who would you wont to see fill in?

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 pm

I think Bisping is the clear pick if I had to pick one guy to go asap.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Right now, it would be Bisping IMO. But I'm on record saying the division still needs to sort itself out a little, and this is the perfect time for Silva to take a break.
I'd like to see this;
-Winner of Weidman/Boetsch gets the next shot, only because I'm assuming Weidman will beat Boetsch, and I'm sick of listening to him cry about not getting a title shot.

-Bisping gets the next shot after that- no more wins needed from him from now until then.

-Vitor vs Belcher at some point, with the winner advancing to a #1 contender match against a TBD opponent (maybe Munoz will be back in the picture at that point).

-Silva mops the floor with all of them and then retires.
Cool
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 pm

I don't even think this matters anymore. The UFC has made it clear that only they decide who will fight for a title... even if that means giving an undeserving shot to a guy who has never had a fight in that weight class inside the octagon.... .it's no longer a matter of merit or wins or where you sit on the ladder... that's all gone out the window now. So with that said Bisping is your obvious choice Wink

But if we are going on merit, records, win streaks, who you have won against and what you have done for the company... I would say Wiedman
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Chrom wrote:
I don't even think this matters anymore. The UFC has made it clear that only they decide who will fight for a title... even if that means giving an undeserving shot to a guy who has never had a fight in that weight class inside the octagon.... .it's no longer a matter of merit or wins or where you sit on the ladder... that's all gone out the window now. So with that said Bisping is your obvious choice Wink

But if we are going on merit, records, win streaks, who you have won against and what you have done for the company... I would say Wiedman
-Merit and records= Bisping (23-4, with 13 UFC wins)

-win streak= Slight edge to Weidman with 5 in the UFC, while Boetsch and Belcher each have 4 (though Belcher lost a very controversial decision to Akiyama. If you disregard that, he is the clear winner with 7 consecutive UFC victories)

-who you have won against= Belfort (defeated the last MW champ in very convincing fashion), and a toss-up for 2nd place between Weidman and Boetsch (defeating Munoz/Maia and Lombard/Okami, respectively).

-what you have done for the company= Belfort, for stepping up to fight Jon Jones.

-talking about how much you deserve a title shot= Weidman by a mile
Wink
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Belfort is not on the ballot. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Belfort = Ron Paul
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

-Merit and records= Bisping (23-4, with 13 UFC wins) Agreed (some what... he is only coming off of 1 win... against Stann)

-win streak= Slight edge to Weidman with 5 in the UFC, while Boetsch and Belcher each have 4 (though Belcher lost a very controversial decision to Akiyama. If you disregard that, he is the clear winner with 7 consecutive UFC victories) (a loss is a loss)

-who you have won against= Belfort (defeated the last MW champ in very convincing fashion), and a toss-up for 2nd place between Weidman and Boetsch (defeating Munoz/Maia and Lombard/Okami, respectively).
[/strike] (Lombard is untested in the big leagues)

-what you have done for the company= Belfort, for stepping up to fight Jon Jones. (Weidman for taking Maia on short notice

-talking about how much you deserve a title shot=
Weidman by a mile
Wink

So as you can see by eliminating Belfort, (who wasn't included in the initial post) The answer is clear. MMA Purist
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:42 am

Oh, sorry....I didn't realize we are simply hand-picking who should and should not get a title shot, with no regard for accomplishments and who justifiably deserves it.
Didn't you just outright shit on that thought process a few posts ago?

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 am

Yeah sorry guys i didnt put belfort and to be honest i dont even know why i didnt. I really dont even count his loss to jones cause that was a last minute thing to do for the company at a differnt weight class. So i still have him high in the running too. I think maybe i was more focussed on the guys who havent had a crack at Silva yet. But Belfort should be in the running.

all i can say is DOH!!! Face Palm

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:27 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
Oh, sorry....I didn't realize we are simply hand-picking who should and should not get a title shot, with no regard for accomplishments and who justifiably deserves it.

Twisted Evil

Oh.... well forgive me for sticking to the plot that was laid out by the original poster.... hypothetical question about Silva 3920004554
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10312

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 pm

I say Bisping...basically on merit and experience and time in the UFC. Plus we've already seen Belfort vs Silva...I mean one could argue that it'd be a big draw because of what he did to Jones arm, but I think Bisping/Silva is more marketable. If for no other reason than Bisping has more haters than Vitor...more people probably want to see Bisping TKOd/KOd than they do Vitor.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Chrom wrote:
Triggerman99 wrote:

Twisted Evil

Oh.... well forgive me for sticking to the plot that was laid out by the original poster.... hypothetical question about Silva 3920004554
[img]hypothetical question about Silva Forgiv10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical question about Silva   hypothetical question about Silva Empty

Back to top Go down

hypothetical question about Silva
Page 1 of 1