The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Do you still watch MMA Vote_lcapDo you still watch MMA Voting_barDo you still watch MMA Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Do you still watch MMA Vote_lcapDo you still watch MMA Voting_barDo you still watch MMA Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Do you still watch MMA

Go down 
+4
Triggerman99
stock
Chrom
Grey Suit
8 posters

Do you still watch MMA regularly?
Hell Ya Bro!
Do you still watch MMA Vote_lcap63%Do you still watch MMA Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Nope I'm jut here for the nudie pics...
Do you still watch MMA Vote_lcap37%Do you still watch MMA Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31170

Do you still watch MMA Empty
PostSubject: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:51 am

I've kind of noticed that most of us have kind of moved on from our MMA obsessions and just like to shoot the shit with each other these days. I think it's kind of cool (and gay) that the forum has transcended it's original purpose and is now just a place for us to hang out.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:55 am

I still watch it plenty. No where near the amount of hours I used to. I don't watch all the Japan shows or the WSOF and all of those smaller orgs every card. I would have been 6 years ago. I also only watch boxing maybe 4-5 fights a year these days.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Yes.
Although I have not paid for a PPV in years.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:23 pm

I still watch practically every UFC event, PPV or otherwise, and I'll watch a smaller orgs show if there are fights that interest me (typically there aren't). I watch every free UFC card and about 90% of the PPVs, only skipping the ones that are so blatantly weak that I actually feel insulted (i.e. the recent Aldo/Jung Machida/Davis card).

So yes, I still watch a lot of MMA, you pussies.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:32 pm

My tolerance for the 5 to 25 minute "feel each other out lack of aggression fights" are weighing heavily on my joy of MMA. If I wanted to see two guys circling each other endlessly while not committing to fighting I'll start watching tennis.

Our only hope is some rule imposed that penalizes fighters for lack of meaningful violent engagement.

I'll keep watching though cause...

I don't wanna watch guys standing in a grass field waiting for a baseball to come in their direction.
I don't wanna watch guys on ice chasing a small black disk I can't see most of the time.
I don't wanna watch steroid mutants in plastic armor chase pigskin for 30 seconds at a time.
I don't wanna watch tall black men running up and down a wooden floor while white guys watch.
I don't wanna watch "sports" where people don't sweat such as golf, darts, curling, synchronized anything.

I just wanna see two guys punching each other in the face until one goes unconscious or quits... is that too much to ask?
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:42 pm

I personally think people are putting way too much stock into the long-ass boring fights. Typically, there are 4 or 5 really good fights for every 1 boring, overly-tactical fight, but all you ever read or hear about is that one snoozer.
I suppose it's the same thing as larger-scale news, where you never hear about the bajillion good things that happened today, only that one awful thing that gets played on a loop on every single news channel, because that's the fashionable thing to talk about.

So yeah, I'm obviously not buying into this idea that we're in the midst of some sort of boring-fight epidemic. I can handle that one isolated incident, so long as I get to enjoy a bunch of other actual fights.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9475

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 pm

I don't watch MMA, I only occasionally hear about it on the radio. I don't even watch boxing as much as I used to. It's hard to find the time, I'm only home about 9hrs a day and when I have a day off I'm usually lining shit up for when I get back to work. I don't even remember the last time I ordered a PPV. I watched GSP beat up Nick "solid B+ but never an A level fighter" Diaz at my neighbors a few months ago, before that I have no idea. I think it was when Lesnar got raped by Roidereem. I DVR'd it because I was at work, then I watched it when I got home and it didn't record all the way til the end so I didn't know what happened and just looked it up on line. Life kinda gets in the way of things.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10297

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Just happened upon this thread...found it interesting. And I voted no...because the only MMA I watch regularly is once a week when TUF is on. IMO the UFC has over saturated the MMA community. I used to really really look forward to the UFC events once every 6-8 months...it was always a title fight and always big names. Now it's every other week, there are more no names than anything and quite frankly the talent is so good these days that many fights are chess matches that end in a decision. So I typically catch up the next day when I can FF through all the boring clinching against the cage and decisions. And I also agree with DEP....life gets in the way. Before kids everynight was a party, so when Saturday rolled around it didn't matter, I just had 5 Saturdays beforehand so I could sit down for 4 hours and watch an event. Now my Saturdays are much more important to me...I've got a shit ton to do and it's hard for me to plant myself in front of a TV for 4 hours and devote time to a sporting event.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10297

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:09 pm

Oh...and where are these nudie pics you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3775

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:52 pm

I still watch MMA and enjoy it ,but have been busy or tired and keep forgetting to actually talk about the fights on here. I do agree that the UFC has sort of spread itself thin and I never thought I'd be so used to and unexcited about so many UFC events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you still watch MMA   Do you still watch MMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you still watch MMA
Page 1 of 1