The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. Vote_lcapStephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. Voting_barStephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. Vote_lcapStephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. Voting_barStephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. Empty
PostSubject: Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat.   Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:04 am

From SB Nation March 11
Stephan Bonnar breaks silence on positive steroids test, says he never meant to cheat.

In his first public interview since the October 2012 match, Bonnar said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour that after being shelved for months and being advised to retire by UFC president Dana White, he had given up hope of closing out his career with a major fight.

In that time, he'd undergone a pair of stem cell procedures on his injured knee. Two months after the second stem cell procedure, he decided he wanted to return to the gym to get in shape and help some of his friends train. In doing so, he made the decision to obtain some chemical assistance.

"Believe it or not, there are some therapeutic uses to some of the banned substances," he said. "Bottom line, I wanted to get my strength back. I was very weak. My body didn't feel good, my joints didn't feel good. That was my goal."

But then, out of the blue, the semi-retired fighter got the phone call he never thought was coming. After about 10 months without a fight, he was being asked to compete against the the sport's pound-for-pound king, Anderson Silva.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/11/4090934/stephan-bonnar-breaks-silence-on-steroids-bust-says-he-never-meant-to
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat.   Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 am

Sure I can understand maybe using PEDs to train for personal reasons... meh whatever.

But comon Stephan, you knew you were using PEDs, you could have just said "you know what Dana I'm on a PED cycle and I'll probably test positive so maybe I'll pass on this one."

That would have been the honest thing to do. But you REALLY REALLY wanted that one last fight.... right? But what if you won on PEDs? Would you have kept the belt? What if you really hurt Anderson on PEDs? Would you have cared?

Yeah you got caught, yeah nobody likes you, BUT YOU CHEATED.... Really? What did you expect to happen when you got caught?

Suck it up princess... maybe others will learn from the lesson being taught to you.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16396

PostSubject: Re: Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat.   Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:19 am

fight wasnt for a belt...wasnt it a lhw match???
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat.   Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:47 am

Krieger wrote:

But comon Stephan, you knew you were using PEDs, you could have just said "you know what Dana I'm on a PED cycle and I'll probably test positive so maybe I'll pass on this one."

That would have been the honest thing to do.

Pretty much sums up what I was gonna say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat.   Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stephan Bonnar saying he never meant to cheat.
Page 1 of 1