The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Vote_lcapNick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Voting_barNick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Vote_lcapNick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Voting_barNick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension

Go down 
+2
Triggerman99
Chrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Diaz_h10
Quote :
UFC welterweight king Georges St-Pierre suggested Nick Diaz (Pictured) and his legal team would search for a loophole in order to have Diaz’s marijuana suspension lifted. It appears St-Pierre hit the nail right on the head.

Following his unanimous decision defeat to Carlos Condit at UFC 143, Diaz was issued a temporary ban after marijuana metabolites were discovered in his urinalysis.

On March 7th, Ross Goodman, Diaz’s attorney, filed a response to the Nevada State Athletic Commission claiming neither marijuana nor marijuana metabolites are illegal for medical marijuana patients in the state of Nevada or California, where Diaz resides and obtained his hemp license.

Furthermore, marijuana itself was not found in his client’s system, marijuana metabolites were. However, marijuana metabolites are not listed as a banned substance with the World Anti-Doping Agency, whose laws have been adopted by the NSAC.

“Nick Diaz is an authorized medical marijuana patient. As such, he did not test positive for marijuana (which is viewed as a prohibited substance if used without a medical marijuana license). Rather, Mr. Diaz tested for the presence of the inactive metabolite of marijuana known as THC-Carboxylic Acid,” the response read (Obtained by MMAFighting).

“Under Nevada law and in Mr. Diaz’s home state of California, however, neither marijuana nor marijuana metabolite is considered a prohibited substance for users of medical marijuana.”

In addition, per commission standards, marijuana is not prohibited to athletes out-of-competition. Goodman argues that Diaz should fall into that category since he stopped using the drug eight days prior to his February 4th fight.

Diaz obtained his medical marijuana license years ago to help treat his case of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

The controversial 28-year-old currently faces a year-long suspension. It is the second time in five years he was banned by the NSAC after marijuana metabolites were found in his system.
source
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59453

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Metal

Just goes to show what a good lawyer can do for you.
I think he probably wins this on a technicality, which is fine by me. If this is all true, I don't see how they can uphold the suspension.

BTW, of all the pictures to choose from, why that one?!

Come on, man!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Laughing It happened to be one I had in stock....
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:54 pm

What was stock doing with that picture inside him?

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Shocked cheers
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Hmm looks like if the arguement holds he could avoid the suspension. Then all he has to overcome is the fact that he quit in a whiney fashion.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Well, obviously if he's fighting the suspension, he's not retiring.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:34 am

Krieger wrote:
Hmm looks like if the arguement holds he could avoid the suspension. Then all he has to overcome is the fact that he quit in a whiney fashion.

He's not reitiring. Guys say this kind of stuff all the time coming off a loss.
It's an emotional sport and losses are really tough... especially when you think you got robbed.

I find what Diaz did to be no more annoying than Frankie Edgar whining, and whining, and whining, and whining until Dana caved and gave him his stupid rematch.
The difference is people like Edgar more than Diaz for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:52 am

Sure .... all I said was that he had to overcome the way he "retired".... all his boys said he quit... they repeated his retirement statement over and over. No one really knows what hes doing until he says what he is doing.

The last thing I heard was that he was quiting... has anyone heard anything different?

The big difference between Frankie and Nick is that Frankie didn't QUIT while whining about the unfair state of robbery in the UFC. All he wanted was a rematch.... just like he gave Penn and his three fights with Maynard.

Nick is full of excuses, drama, self destructive behaviour, and loves blaming others for his own crappy behaviour and consequences. Frankie doesn't even come close in comparison.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 am

But I will pay money to watch Nick fight anyone.
I won't pay anything to watch Edgar fight anyone.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 am

Darn ... you have me there ... I agree.

But please let me continue to whine about Nicks Whining?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Go on.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 pm

It was a little odd to hear Nick say he was retiring, but am I the only one that never even believed it for one second? I doubt it. I know there were lots of people who were hoping he was retiring becasue they despise him deeply and never want to see him again, but I don't think a lot of people believed he was really retiring.

Come on, this is Nick Diaz we're talking about. You know, the guy who inspires 3-page topics about the weird and outrageous shit he says all the time. Yeah, that's the guy.

How can anyone take what he says in the most literal sense? Nothing is black-and-white with Nick Diaz, and it never will be.
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6216

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:05 pm

LOL I wounder what kind of conversation you'd get if you put Nick and Cheal in the same room together?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:10 pm

"Hey man.... wanna hoot?"
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7715

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:37 pm

stock wrote:
But I will pay money to watch Nick fight anyone.
I won't pay anything to watch Edgar fight anyone.

lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension   Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz Fights Marijuana Suspension
Page 1 of 1