The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_lcapShould all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Voting_barShould all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_lcapShould all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Voting_barShould all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?

Go down 
+7
samger2
Gecko
Triggerman99
stock
Mogal
Chrom
Krieger
11 posters

Should all title challenges be the best two out of three?
Yes
Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_lcap0%Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_lcap79%Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
Only if it ends in a judges decision.
Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_lcap21%Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5733

Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Empty
PostSubject: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:37 pm

I believe if a fight ends in judges decision then sure have the rematch. If the fight ends with a TKO or KO then no instant rematch.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22852

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Agree
Back to top Go down
Mogal
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Mogal

Standard Cash : 6209

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:58 pm

I voted no. A 30/27 does not deserve a rematch.

Was there not a fight not too long ago, a 3 rounder, that if the judges called it a tie, it would get a forth round? I can't remember what fight that was amended to?

Why not have a tie breaker round?
A 'Sudden death' tie breaker round!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/imogal/mogal
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35194

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:01 pm

I don't believe in an automatic rematch ever. I don't care how horrible the judging is. If you could not finish the champ or beat him outright in the judges eyes, you should have to fight minimum one other fight before getting another title shot.

The only time I would make an exception would be for an early dr stoppage or something (think Belfort over Couture).
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59446

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:00 pm

No. Not at all.

I don't even understand the thought process of this idea. Why would you want that to happen?
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15326

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:03 pm

I was thinking about this before and i was thinking that if a champion defends his title 3-5 times before losing it then the former champ gets a rematch. example if jones,gsp or silva loss there titles they should get a rematch cause they stayed on top and defended several times before losing.

Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35194

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:18 pm

If guys were fighting every few weeks I would have no issue.
I just hate when the #2 contender has to wait the better part of a year so a loser can get have his "respect" and get a rematch. Especially true if the rematch ends up on the otherside of the judges scorecards. Now you need to have a stupid rubber match too.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10307

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:24 pm

I voted no...but I guess alot of it has to do with the talent pool and how many potential threats to the champion there really are in the division. There are others that have the chance to prove they're champion material too.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3785

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:42 am

No ,but I think the champion should get one when dethroned if he's defended it at least once.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5400

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 am

A proven champion should get his rematch if beaten. A contender should not. If he loses by anything other than an illegal blow then I don't care what the reasoning is.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12612

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 pm

wha?
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12612

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Not sure if this is serious or not, but just in case it is I will vote definitely no. It would ruin the sport for me.

Every challenge could potentially be locked up for close to a year.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7708

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:38 pm

I put if it ends in a judges decision... but it should be if it is a CONTROVERSIAL DECISION not a Unanimous Decision where there is a CLEAR WINNER.

Only if it's surrounded in Controversy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?   Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should all title fights simply be the best two out of three?
Page 1 of 1