The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 Vote_lcapNick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 Voting_barNick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 Vote_lcapNick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 Voting_barNick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz retiring?

Go down 
+7
the commie
norcalmatt
samger2
Triggerman99
Chrom
9Teen_AT4
Zacchaeus
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10314

Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:06 pm

I think we've heard this before but here goes again....hey Nick...if you want to secure a win...never leave it in the hands of the judges...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5740

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Meh... its not the worst decision in the history of the UFC. Condit hit Diaz more times than Diaz hit Condit.

Diaz couldn't catch Condit flat footed, couldn't hit him more than two or three at a time. Diaz was no threat ... couldn't get past the kicks.. AND I'd love to see a picture of Diaz's right thigh because that was one hamburger looking piece of leg that I saw.

Why didn't Diaz go for a take down....? Why didn't use his world class Gracie JJ on Condit and why didn't he hit Condit more? .... BECAUSE HE COULDN'T !! Don't blame Condit for following a game plan that was masterful in shutting Diaz down.

Diaz lost.... make another fight do it again. This time Diaz needs to create a game plan that wins him a fight.

Don't cry about the loss like a little boy bitch Nick.... demand another fight and get it done this time.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:42 pm

^^^^^

ding ding ding....words right outta my mouth
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

Standard Cash : 5932

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Krieger wrote:
Meh... its not the worst decision in the history of the UFC. Condit hit Diaz more times than Diaz hit Condit.

Diaz couldn't catch Condit flat footed, couldn't hit him more than two or three at a time. Diaz was no threat ... couldn't get past the kicks.. AND I'd love to see a picture of Diaz's right thigh because that was one hamburger looking piece of leg that I saw.

Why didn't Diaz go for a take down....? Why didn't use his world class Gracie JJ on Condit and why didn't he hit Condit more? .... BECAUSE HE COULDN'T !! Don't blame Condit for following a game plan that was masterful in shutting Diaz down.

Diaz lost.... make another fight do it again. This time Diaz needs to create a game plan that wins him a fight.

Don't cry about the loss like a little boy bitch Nick.... demand another fight and get it done this time.

this

cheers

spot on
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 pm

"he's avoiding the traps that Diaz is setting for him"....Joe Rogan...round 3...that statement sums up the fight perfectly.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:31 pm

^ Totally Sam.

(I make a decent point on the matter in the "carlos running thread" u might like)

Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Yeah man, I saw your post, I fully agree with it.

In the fight that I watched Condit was by far the more dynamic fighter, he had his way with Diaz...was it a spectacular KO? No....but it was a brilliant performance on Condit's part. He looked...to me at least...to be the FAR more skilled striker.

To me there was no question who won that fight. Diaz showed a one dimensional stance...one of a brawler...not a "striker". He walked forward robotically and flat footed looking for Condit to do the same. When Condit didn't Diaz got frustrated and had no answer other than his typical move of dropping the hands and trying to bate his opponent for a slugfest.

The better man won the fight no question.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 am

I am with Chrom on this one. It was a horrible fight.
I already knew the outcome when I watched it online Sunday morning, but it looked like a coin toss to me as far as the scoring goes.
It definitley appeared that Diaz was the only person in that right that actually wanted to FIGHT. Condit's strategy was not fighting; I don't care what anyone says. Nobody wins a fight by running away.
Just a horrible fight.

Seriously, if you fast forward through some of the rounds, it looks like an old Benny Hill skit. Just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
lambhimself
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
lambhimself

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:04 am

^
So how did Nick face get so messed up, the wind from Carlos sprinting passed him to evade all fight?

I think not my friend, the fight metric numbers don't tell the whole story to a fight; but Carlos landed far more significant strikes than that of Diaz; and strikes in general.

I think once people get over the fact that they didn't get to see a all out war/slugfest which was pushed at us by the UFC best marketing minds; people will come to see that this was a well deserved win for Mr.Condit.

and don't get it twisted, I am not a huge Condit fan or a big Diaz hater; I think it was a great fight to watch. Condit frustrated the hell out of Diaz for 5 rounds, and not once did Diaz try to find a solution other than trash talking and gesturing; and last time I checked trash talking wins about as many fights as "running" your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz retiring?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2