The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Nick Diaz retiring? Vote_lcapNick Diaz retiring? Voting_barNick Diaz retiring? Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Nick Diaz retiring? Vote_lcapNick Diaz retiring? Voting_barNick Diaz retiring? Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Nick Diaz retiring?

Go down 
+7
the commie
norcalmatt
samger2
Triggerman99
Chrom
9Teen_AT4
Zacchaeus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

Standard Cash : 5396

Nick Diaz retiring? Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 pm

So he gets out worked, out smarted and beat up and he wants to retire? Give me a break.

WAR CONDIT!
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7704

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 am

I don't feel sorry for Nick one bit. He would have never been in this mess if he would have honored his media dates and fought Georges at UFC 137.

Let's see how much he really "Doesn't need this sh!t" ..???
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:36 am

I wonder if medicaid and welfare will be enough to pay for his weed prescriptions. If it is, I think he really doesn't care what happens with his career.
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:18 am

Nick Diaz retiring? 340x
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22848

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:19 am

Zacchaeus wrote:
So he gets out worked, out smarted and beat up and he wants to retire? Give me a break.

WAR CONDIT!
If a guy can win a fight running, throwing counters and running some more than WTF is the point. I officially am no longer a fan of Condit. Anyone who treats a FIGHT like a game, gets no love from Chrom! No
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:24 am

Chrom wrote:
Zacchaeus wrote:

WAR CONDIT!
If a guy can win a fight running, throwing counters and running some more than WTF is the point. I officially am no longer a fan of Condit. Anyone who treats a FIGHT like a game, gets no love from Chrom! No

Yeh that's pretty much the entire Greg Jackson camp lol...
Blame Greg Jackson for the Game, GamePlan thing..
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:29 am

Also HOW IN THE FUCK DID THEY GIVE IT SUCH A STRONG UD!!?!!?? Condit lost IMO he had zero cage control aside from round 3 and a little in 4, same with aggression... which are 2 things that are supposed to be used in judging criteria... not back peddling strike counts and running as fast as you can... who was out there pushing the fight? Who was out there trying to finish it?

And yes it is Jacksons fault for implementing BS tactics, but those judges are fucked in the head as well
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59442

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:46 am

OK, I'm in:

I had the fight (scored with MMA rules) as 4-1 Condit.

Nobody lost that fight. Diaz was still moving forward, Condit was still countering, ans both guys were still fighting at the end of Rd 5.

It pisses me off to admit it, but Diaz got beat.
However, if you guys feel the need to talk crap about Diaz, you need to get a life. He may have lost the fight, but he worked just as hard as Condit in that fight.

I understand that people want to see him lose, but give credit where credit is due;

-Nobody thought he could become a striker (he did)
-Nobody thought he could become a champion (he did)
-Nobody thought he could KO a striker (he did)
-Nobody thought he could beat BJ Penn (he did)
-Nobody thought he could fight for a UFC Title (he did)

I am pissed that he lost, but I'm happy for Condit.

Great fight!!!!!
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10303

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:26 am

K I didn't see the fight, so is this retirement stuff hearsay or did Nick really say he's retiring?
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:15 am

If that fight was "MMA" I'm done watching, I am no longer a fan.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:27 am

samger2 wrote:
K I didn't see the fight, so is this retirement stuff hearsay or did Nick really say he's retiring?

Diaz pretty much said what Chrom is saying. Said he would help his brother and team mates, but was done with mma.

It's no secret that I am a Condit fan and have been for a long time. So what I am about to say will come off as bias, but I'm gonna say it anyways. MMA is all about knowing your opponent and forming a plan to attack your opponents weaknesses while avoiding their strengths. Nick Diaz wants to act like this sport is a real street fight. As if it is him and this other guy that just had some beef and decided to meet up in the parking lot. Condit knew what Diaz wanted to do in there and wouldn't allow him to do it. You can call that running away all you want, but you need to take another look at what Condit did the entire fight. He didn't simply high tail it out of there to get away from Diaz. He ducked Diaz's attack and took the center of the octagon. Reestablished his position and attacked. He avoided the most damage he could and attacked back. Diaz has won his last few fights by overwhelming his opponents. Condit and Jackson's camp did a superb job and it was a damn good fight. I've seen guys run away from other fighters and try not to get caught. At no point did Condit run away and try that. He got away from being trapped against the cage, reestablished the position that he wanted in the center of the cage and attacked. He fought a great fight and for his efforts... buh bye Diaz.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 am

Like I said...I haven't seen the fight, but from what I've read in a few different places I agree with you Zacchaeus, you're right, this isn't some un-calculated street fight where two people have real beef with each other....contrary to your belief Chrom, this IS in fact a game. It's a sport where adults play a game and get paid alot of money to do it. Same as football, same as hockey, same as boxing...it's a sport, in essence a "game" where one player uses a strategy to defeat the other.

I mean no disrespect to any fans by saying this, but it appears that Diaz fans are as much sore losers as he is. Diaz finally met somone in the octagon that wouldn't allow him to implement his fighting tactics...for 25 minutes Condit kept Diaz from doing what he does best. I can't and won't fault Condit for that...he played the GAME perfectly and the the results he wanted.

If Diaz didn't want to lose he shouldn't have left it in the hands of the judges...why did he leave it in the hands of the judges? Because he couldn't stop Condit the way he's stopped his other opponents. So Nick, if you want to be a child and get poopy because you lost a fight and couldn't knock your opponent out then I support you 100% and say don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya...

Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:39 am

Last I checked it's Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Not Ultimate GamePlan Trackstar Pointscore Championship

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:45 am

I hear ya man...but there's more to fighting than just throwing fists and hoping one connects...that's the tough man contest. I think this is where the Art comes into play of mixed martial arts....you have to use intelligence and strategy as much as you have to use brawn and muscle.

Diaz is great at intimidating opponents with his bully tactics and flipping them off and such so they fall right into his trap and walking right into his den. Condit didn't fall for it, he outsmarted Diaz and wouldn't let that happen.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 am

The most disappointing aspect of the Diaz loss for me is now we don't get to see GSP vs Diaz. I think that fight had gobs more potential than Condit vs GSP. I'm not even pumped in the least for Condit vs GSP.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:50 am

Watch the fight, come back, then we can talk. Condit didn't control the cage and didn't take and hold the center often. He spent alot of time literally running out of the way and scoring back pedaling shots.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 am

I was a fan of both of these guys going into the fight. But that wasn't a "Natural Born Killer" we saw out there.
Listen I'm all for movement and being slick. But when you're moving (and backwards at that) more than you're fighting, I'm just not a fan.
Back to top Go down
Zacchaeus
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Zacchaeus

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:10 am

Well, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Mine is that Condit put more time in preparing for this fight and out worked Diaz the entire fight. He was smarter before the fight, during the fight and after the fight. He landed a lot of great shots and combos, so with that alone it makes me think that the ones that want to act like he didn't come to fight are just mad because Diaz lost. You don't get in there and throw with Diaz the way he did on many occasions if you aren't there to fight. Greg Jackson's camp provided a blue print for Condit to follow. Condit did the right thing and followed that blue print. He wants to be a champion and to do that you have to listen to your people. This is why Diaz won't ever be a champion at this level.
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:16 am

I do need to step back and watch the fight before I comment on any details of it, so I'll definitely do that today.

I think my beef is with Diaz being a sore loser and quitting because he lost and couldn't implement his tactics.
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16387

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:36 am

condit won the game but diaz won the fight! i understand the scoring but and condit may have landed more often but was on his heels the whole fight......and the other thing THIS WASNT A TITLE FIGHT......its nothing more than a glorified #1 contender fight

i used to like team jackson a few years ago but that has changed since it has become clear he doesnt train people to finish he trains them to out point people
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 am

If I want to watch someone run and score points I'll go watch football!
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7957

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 am

condit won the fight, clear and simple. he did not run. he evaded.
runing would be getting away from an opponent and avoid any contact. what condit did was avoid diaz and find the best time and angle to punish him. NICK KNOWS IT TOO. he is just frustrated he couldnt do anything about it. diaz fought well too but couldnt implement his strategy.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:59 am

Lets hear what the pro's have to say via twatter

@JoeLauzon
Joe Lauzon I eagerly await fight metrics for this fight... I thought Diaz won that all night long.

@TimKennedyMMA
Tim Kennedy I HATE judges! @ufc
@patmiletich
Pat Miletich That decision was an absolute joke. At best, Condit won 2 rounds.

@Jens_Pulver
Jens Pulver Diaz wins via ring generalship, one moving forward, one moving
backward. Ala delahoya vs Trinidad in my opinion, it's 3 opinions that
judge

@mattlindland
Matt Lindland Great fight Diaz 1,2,5 Condit 3,4

@mark_munoz
Mark Muñoz Gr8 fight! Think Diaz 4 rounds to 1. We'll see! #ufc143

@TheCodyMcKenzie
Cody McKenzie Wow really goes to show you how bad these judges suck Carlos ran the entire time

@joshneer
josh neer Wow. Nick got robbed 4-1 diaz. Carlos was doing the Forrest Gump #runforestrun

@RondaRousey
Ronda Rousey If I wanted to see a man run for 25 minutes I'd go to a track meet. Diaz is the real champ, what a bulls*** fight

@CungLe185
Cung Le I meant Diaz rounds 1,2 & 5 and Condit 3 & 4

@EllenbergerMMA
Jake Ellenberger You got to be kidding me...

@thugjitsumaster
Yves Edwards I wanted Nick to win but there's no way Condit won 4 rds backing up
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Also lets break it down round by round

Round One
Condit landed 30 strikes vs Diaz landing 28
Condit was back pedaling the entire round and not being the aggressor = Diaz

Round Two
Condit landed 29 strikes vs Diaz landing 35
Diaz pressured, pursued and attacked the entire round whilst scoring = Diaz

Round Three
Condit landed 33 strikes vs Diaz landing 24
Condit was constantly moving and using counter attacks = Condit

Round Four
Condit landed 37 strikes vs Diaz landing 11
Condit had a great fuckin round still moving but engaging and outstriking = Condit

Round Five
Condit landed 30 strikes vs Diaz landing 19
Condit ran the whole round while throwing those strikes and still got taken down by Diaz. Diaz took his back, went submission hunting and looked for the finish = Diaz

Thats my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Snake Five
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter

Standard Cash : 3781

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 pm

I thought Condit won 50-45 he was evading the whole time all the while throwing leg kicks to take out Diaz's speede. Then in the later rounds he would counter attack off the cage and get out of danger with a spinning backfist and then started landing superior combos. I was really surprised how good Condit was, his kicking seemed really improved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz retiring?   Nick Diaz retiring? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz retiring?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next