The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  Vote_lcapRampage Jackson reveals spy???  Voting_barRampage Jackson reveals spy???  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  Vote_lcapRampage Jackson reveals spy???  Voting_barRampage Jackson reveals spy???  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Rampage Jackson reveals spy???

Go down 
+3
Chrom
Berserk
9Teen_AT4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  Empty
PostSubject: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Quote :
MusclePharm Executive VP Leonard Armenta resigns in wake of UFC 135 'Spy Gate' accusations from Rampage Jackson

Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  Muscle-Pharm_large

The UFC 135 "Spy Gate" fiasco has taken a very ugly turn.

What started as pre-fight hype between Quinton Jackson and Jon Jones, who square off tomorrow night (Sept. 24, 2011) at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado, may have forced MusclePharm Executive Vice President Leonard Armenta to resign from his job.

That's because "Rampage" claims to have outed the "spy" on ESPN's SportsCenter earlier today, according to his recent Twitter post:

QUINTON wrote:
I just outed the spy on Sport Center,its come on top who he is but out of respect 2 #mucslepharm I won't tweet his name,he's done f$8^ em!

As expected, that didn't sit well with "Bones," who blames Jackson's "paranoia" for the exec's downfall:

Jon Jones wrote:
Sucks some poor guy at musclepharm got fired over rampages paranoia

MusclePharm is a major sponsor to many of today's top mixed martial arts fighters and recently renewed its contract with the UFC for another two years. It even has its own facility in Denver where Rampage has been training.

It all started when Jackson made up a bogus story about hurting his hand -- but didn't tell anyone except those closest to him inside his camp. Lo and behold, UFC matchmaker Joe Silva was on the horn shortly thereafter, asking questions about the phony injury.

Jackson elaborates to Yahoo Sports:

"One of my friends was talking to Jon Jones’ manager recently, and Jon Jones’ manager was saying that he knows everything that is going on in our camp. He said he had spies in our camp and he knew everything that was going on. That got me thinking. How did he know about my hand injury that fast? It wasn’t on the Internet, and yet he knew about my hand injury right away. The UFC people were in Brazil, which is why it probably took them four hours to call me. That shows me two things: They have spies in my camp, one, and two, they’re dumb as hell, because they didn’t know how to use the information correctly and to wait. He called right away, running to Joe Silva. Joe Silva called my manager right away. Of course they’re going to say they aren’t doing it, but we’ll put the story out there to the fans and let them decide."

Was Leonard Armenta the spy? Was there a spy at all? No one knows for sure, but Rampage claims to have "outed" him on SportsCenter and the fact that Armenta resigned back on Sept. 16 doesn't exactly weigh in his favor.

Alright Maniacs, let's get some reactions to this news. Much ado about nothing? Or an unfortunate situation that has spiraled completely out of control?

The Sauce
Back to top Go down
9Teen_AT4
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
9Teen_AT4

Standard Cash : 7706

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Here is the video. It clearly is Leonard.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7008199
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

Standard Cash : 28620

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:26 pm

yeah I saw that interview and Rampage clearly says Leonard twice and Jones says I don't know a Lennex. Just a weird situation that whenever it's brought up.... and it's brought up A LOT! Jones seems to stutter. I don't really care if Jones is guilty of it or not, but there seems to be evidence that there was a spy.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22850

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  DramaticChipmunk
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:35 pm

hahaha that damn rat gets me everytime
Back to top Go down
Billytk
Sparring Partner
Sparring Partner
Billytk

Standard Cash : 4699

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:49 pm

At this point if jones had half a brain he'd just admit it and say oh well you caught me can't blame a guy for trying instead of constantly making himself look worse with his sad attempts at denial.
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9483

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Whatever. Rampage could use Jones as a training partner, it's not going to change the outcome of the fight. Rampage got punked by Forrest on the ground, what do you think Jones is going to do?? This fight is going to be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:14 pm

I think Rampage planted a double agent spy who was really working for Rampage but making it look like Jones hired him..... Well played Rampage ... Well played...

Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  Spy_vs_Spy1176499986
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10305

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:40 pm

hahaha...thank you for saying it DEP! Agreed 100%
Back to top Go down
Berserk
Amateur Fighter
Amateur Fighter
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:56 am

yeah good point about the Forrest fight, Jones is so much more agressive on the ground. Rampage only hope would be that Jones gets tired and Rampage can capitalize on Jones being gassed. I doubt Jones has the gas tank like Forrest, but I don't think we will see it past round 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage Jackson reveals spy???    Rampage Jackson reveals spy???  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage Jackson reveals spy???
Page 1 of 1