The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  Vote_lcapUFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  Voting_barUFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  Vote_lcapUFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  Voting_barUFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22853

UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  Empty
PostSubject: UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson    UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Quote :
The UFC has closed the door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.

Prior to his last fight in the Octagon at UFC on FOX 6 against Glover
Teixeira, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson said he was leaving the UFC. UFC president Dana White said the organization has closed the door on its relationship with Jackson.

“The reality is, Rampage wasn’t very nice on his way out. He’s lost
three fights in a row, which is no different than any other guy that
loses three, four, or five in a row. The real situation here is,
Rampage doesn’t want to be in business with us anymore,” said White
recently.

It turns out, the UFC doesn’t want to be in business with Jackson either.

“To be honest with you, I think Rampage said it best himself. This
is a quote from Rampage, ‘I don’t think I can compete with the best in
the world anymore. I don’t think I’m at that level anymore. I’ll just
go out and put on some entertaining fights that people want to watch,’”
said White

The UFC president said he has no ill-will toward Jackson and wishes
him luck in whatever he decides to do in the future, but did take
offense to some things Jackson said about the organization.

“Rampage is going out and saying stupid stuff like lies about our
pay-per-views. Any fighter that has a pay-per-view deal has audit
rights,” said White. “If you really thought you were ripped off on your
pay-per-view, wouldn’t you be lawyering up right now
continued...
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9486

PostSubject: Re: UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson    UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm

I think even people who don't watch MMA (like me) saw this coming like a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15327

PostSubject: Re: UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson    UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:04 am

I have been a long time rampage fan but even i got to say he is being a bit of jerk in this whole matter. pretty low brow talking smack about the same org that helped clean up your whole road rage mess and still kept you employed and still making more $$$ than the average fighter. Some respect has been lost for him.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12613

PostSubject: Re: UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson    UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 am

It sucks, but let's be honest Rampage hasn't been into fighting in years...
Back to top Go down
samger2
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
samger2

Standard Cash : 10308

PostSubject: Re: UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson    UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 am

Yeah I'm suprised it took this long. Rampage hasn't really been a "fighter" since he took the belt from Chuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson    UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson  Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Has Closed the Door on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson
Page 1 of 1