The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Time flies uf.ca  Vote_lcapTime flies uf.ca  Voting_barTime flies uf.ca  Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Time flies uf.ca  Vote_lcapTime flies uf.ca  Voting_barTime flies uf.ca  Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Time flies uf.ca

Go down 
+3
Grey Suit
drainbamage
norcalmatt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16381

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Just noticing that it's been 10 years since most of us met on the old site....Been a pleasure fellas!!
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31170

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Damn that is crazy, glad I found you guys!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 1:56 am

Yeah I checked the other day and saw that I joined this site 2011, and it made me realize that it had to be around 2007 when I joined Uf.ca.
I remember looking for a good MMA chat forum back then and joining one other site first. I posted one comment and saw the responses and immediately said to myself "Uhh...no way". Then I found the uf.ca site and was like hell yeah, these are my kind of people!!
Never looked back!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 am

damn I cant believe its been that long.
uf.ca convos were absolutely awesome from asugar to lamb to brandiloveswandi to whoever else im forgetting

who was the person running that site? was his name nick? whatever happened with all those guys?
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 2:46 pm

drainbamage wrote:
uf.ca convos were absolutely awesome from asugar to lamb to brandiloveswandi to  whoever else im forgetting

who was the person running that site? was his name nick? whatever happened with all those guys?

Michael (The M) owned the site, but just kind of created it and stepped away. He owned a bunch of sites in Canada and made money on the other sites so he paid most of his attention there. I think he got really sick though and that might be why the site eventually fell into disrepair and eventually crashed.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Yeah once it started getting hacked, that was the beginning of the end.

I definitely still to this day will remember some random, funny quote from a conversation back then and start laughing again. I think Ploppyseed in particular communicated strictly in hilarious one-liners.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12602

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:23 pm

10 years is absolutely crazy. I couldnt agree more that this is the place for me. Too much vitriol on the sherdogs of the world.

Not a day goes by that I dont think about the Plopster Sad Was one of my good RL friends. His wake/funeral still haunts me.
Sounds stupid, but I still text him and facebook message him about stuff all the time.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 10:57 pm

That's not stupid. That's called coping, and there's no shame in it.

It beats the alternative!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Grey Suit wrote:

drainbamage wrote:
uf.ca convos were absolutely awesome from asugar to lamb to brandiloveswandi to  whoever else im forgetting

Michael (The M) owned the site, but just kind of created it and stepped away.  He owned a bunch of sites in Canada and made money on the other sites so he paid most of his attention there.  I think he got really sick though and that might be why the site eventually fell into disrepair and eventually crashed.

that's right "the M"-I forgot about him

thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 11:02 pm

This is the M's main site.

http://www.moviesonline.ca
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9475

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 8:54 pm

"rofl gold bro.." That was probably half of M's posts.

I think I joined that site in October '06, started talking shit immediately lol. In hindsight, one of the spots we messed up was when we created The MMA Fraternity. There were some senior members who were pissed off that they weren't inducted and it kind of brought a whole "Us and Them" feeling to the site.

You guys remember when I shit canned the entire V army? That was awesome. Should have done it 6 months earlier.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Time flies uf.ca  Diy-v-10
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 7:24 pm

DEP wrote:

You guys remember when I shit canned the entire V army? That was awesome. Should have done it 6 months earlier.

Yeah that was certainly an interesting situation.
The leader of the movement there was throwing out all this crap about a "peaceful protest" against the site leaders because they were supposedly unfairly giving themselves extra follars or some shit, and he was trying to recruit people to join him by changing their avs to Guy Fawkes masks. Turned out that most of the people who did change to it per his request didn't even know why they were doing it and just thought he was offering to make them a cool avatar.
I'm just curious why he felt the need to specify that it was a "peaceful" protest. Like, how would you initiate a not peaceful protest online on a chat board?
Back to top Go down
DEP
Internet Troll Champion!
Internet Troll Champion!
DEP

Standard Cash : 9475

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 3:19 pm

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/v8QY1Hy
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 5:46 pm

DEP wrote:
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/v8QY1Hy

lol!

My brother was into that shit for a bit a few years back.
He'd post pics of himself wearing the mask and he thought he was a quasi-member of Anonymous somehow. He couldn't hack or anything, but apparently in his mind if you wear that mask and post quotes and links that sympathize with them, you're totally a full blown active member.

That lasted until I publicly called him out for actually thinking the movie V for Vendetta was the origin of the mask and ideals, and having no idea who Guy Fawkes was and therefore being an absolute ignorant poser.

Shut that shit down quick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time flies uf.ca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time flies uf.ca    Time flies uf.ca  Empty

Back to top Go down

Time flies uf.ca
Page 1 of 1