The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life Vote_lcapJosh Samman in a coma fighting for his life Voting_barJosh Samman in a coma fighting for his life Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life Vote_lcapJosh Samman in a coma fighting for his life Voting_barJosh Samman in a coma fighting for his life Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10261

Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life Empty
PostSubject: Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life   Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 8:25 am

On Monday, the Hollywood Police Department in Florida issued a statement confirming what had been whispered about for a few days: That UFC middleweight fighter Josh Samman was hospitalized Friday when found unresponsive when police answered “the call of a possible drug overdose.” Samman, who was open about his issues with drug abuse in his book, “The Housekeeper,” was found alongside Troy Jeffery Kirkingburg, the ring announcer for Combat Night, his MMA promotion. From the statement:

Officers arrived to discover a white male deceased inside the residence. The victim was identified as Troy Jeffrey Kirkingburg, who lived at this location. Upon arrival, officers also discovered another man, later identified as Josh Samman of Tallahassee, inside the home. Samman was breathing, and had a pulse, but was unresponsive.

The two men were found by a friend, Hunter Sundberg, who immediately called 911 and began CPR until officers arrived.

There were not any signs of foul play. Detectives are investigating. No more information is available at this time.

Christopher J. Rotenstein, a friend of Samman’s, added on Facebook that the fighter “is in the hospital fighting for his life,in intensive care,in a coma, on a respirator.” Samman’s mother issued a statement to Fox Sports specifically debunking the rumors that her son’s condition was the result of heroin use:

Josh is still in a coma, and more tests are being done. That is the latest update on my son’s condition. And in spite of speculation, there was no heroin found in Josh’s system whatsoever. No matter what people are posting on social media.

The reason I am making this statement is, because Josh touched so many lives, and loved inspiring others, especially young people. I don’t want them to lose faith in him, and whatever he brought out in them, because of the lies. He would want them to “never give up.”

In addition, Kirkingburg’s fiancé, local TV news anchor Charlene Cristobal, gave these comments to the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper:

I am extremely heartbroken over the loss of the man who will always be the love of my life. I thank everyone for their support, but ask for privacy for his family and me as we mourn our loss.

http://www.mmanews.com/police-confirm-ufc-middleweight-josh-samman-was-hospitalized/
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life   Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 1:07 pm

josh passed away today

RIP
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life   Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:15 pm

That sucks.

I know the mother is adamantly denying that this was a drug overdose.
Although, given the facts, it seems pretty definitive that it was.

Two guys dead in an apartment together found by a friend. Not to mention his history of drug addiction.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life   Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 4:37 pm

she is probably doing that to save face. I read that he did a lot in the community to assist people who were on drugs and he was like a motivational speaker so I'm assuming that she is doing that to protect josh and the people he may have influenced.

drugs or not its terrible to hear of a life cut so short.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35201

PostSubject: Re: Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life   Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:21 am

To be honest, I don't see any need to release results of a tox report either.
Unsure why that type of stuff cannot be kept confidential.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22859

PostSubject: Re: Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life   Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 10:26 am

RIP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life   Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Samman in a coma fighting for his life
Page 1 of 1