The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Bellator 149 Vote_lcapBellator 149 Voting_barBellator 149 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Bellator 149

Go down 
+2
Triggerman99
drainbamage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10244

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 11:04 pm

First off I'm a Bellator fan but tonight was a fucking fiasco.

The main fights sucked. Almost comical.They did an excellent job on the production tho.

I'm surprised Tyson was there..
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59436

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:07 am

That whole show was hot garbage.
Hot. Fucking. Garbage.

But just to be clear, none of that mess pertains to our earlier discussion. This was a display of what happens when you overplay your "freakshow" hand.
You can't count on two freakshow fights to headline your card. Because there's a good chance one of those is gonna be fugly.
Unfortunately, both of the freakshow fights tonight were fugly.
But this was just the sizzle of Bellator, not the steak.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7951

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 3:19 am

the two main fights were the equivalent of...whats the most disgusting thing i can think of...they were the cumbubble of MMA.
holy shit,
given another minute, kimbo would have fallen over too. this wasnt a freak show, it was the fights between the rejects from early twentieth century circus.
fuck, kimbo, actually trains with a good camp. wtf. in a decade of trainign he hasnt developed any stamina, any real striking skills and absolutely no ground awareness. dada, held his own...oh my god.
the main fight, if not fixed, was just pathetic. i cant shake the feeling that the groin shot was intentionally placed. royce extended all the way out to reach them nuts.
shamrock obviously has nothing left, the wear and tear on his mind and body is in the final stage, even the steroids dont help. its not like gracie is hard to hit, he just stands there, with hands wide apart, doing those push kicks. still hasnt learned anything new either. and the whole thing with unwrapped hands, is that even legal.
the whole thing smells
oh, and melvin is the equivalent of roy jones jr, once he lost the speed melvin cant avoid any shots, since he hasnt the mind to put his hands up. his career is done and he better quit before he suffers the fate like his hero, randleman.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
That whole show was hot garbage.
Hot. Fucking. Garbage.

But just to be clear, none of that mess pertains to our earlier discussion. This was a display of what happens when you overplay your "freakshow" hand.
You can't count on two freakshow fights to headline your card. Because there's a good chance one of those is gonna be fugly.
Unfortunately, both of the freakshow fights tonight were fugly.
But this was just the sizzle of Bellator, not the steak.

I couldnt agree with you more..
I was actually excited for the dada kimbo fight. i thought it would be entertaining in a wwe or oldschool youtube video way. i was hoping they would allow them to scrap bareknuckle lol.
boy was i wrong

I did enjoy the production tho.

a few things i took away from what seemed to be the most popular bellator event to date ( crowd wise ).

1. they shouldnt be interviewing celebrities at their show. it comes across as thirsty and trying to do anything to get recognized. you could clearly tell that broner and tyson were qued on so many things and it was horrible.

2. i was all for the "legends" fights and the freak show fights and maybe i was wrong. im changing my tune on that. fire kimbo, shamrock, gracie, tito and take all that money you save and use it to market your own up and comers. use it to get other free agents or possibly use it to hire a better fight coordinator and fire rich chou.

3. fire the commentator with the hair. he is trash. i think jimmy smith is good but the other guy is a nightmare. id love to see randy or if possible chael sonnen go there.

4. show scott coker more. interviews, sitting cage side, anything. the guy is a great speaker and always comes across as a great guy. i think this would help bellator all around.

5. keep incorporating kickboxing into the events. i think this would be a good promotional idea because theres a lot of people who enjoy watching just striking and it is pleasant to see fresh faces doing different things.

6. plan shows outside of the US

7. incorporate old pride rules to their fights.

8. keep rizin ties really close.

i really do enjoy bellator. i think because im a huge scott coker fan and i want to see him excel. I hope that they stick around and keep building a roster the smart way.

~~~ what happened to guillard??? guy is complete trash these days. sad to see that

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 7:45 pm

I'm hearing now that Dada 5000 apparently went into heart failure at the hospital after the fight.

If he would've died, Bellator would have had some serious questions that needed answers regarding how in the hell they allowed him to fight in the first place.
Back to top Go down
the commie
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter
the commie

Standard Cash : 7951

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 12:08 am

i think they should be answering them even without death. for all intents and purposes, dada died. he was saved only thanks to modern medicine.
though, i dont know how liable they can be, its not like they can verify the ability of a man to fight for fifteen minutes.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35184

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 7:53 am

I agree with a lot of what bamage said. Once you get past what Bellator really is, it can certainly be watchable.
I actually don't mind seeing the old washed up guys fight, but why not come up a "seniors" division with some different rules (maybe shorter rounds and more aggressive standups and separation when there are stalls or no improvement in positions).
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:25 am

stock wrote:
I agree with a lot of what bamage said.  Once you get past what Bellator really is, it can certainly be watchable.

......except in this case. This was as close to unwatchable as I've seen.
On top of the Kimbo/Dada fight that is universally agreed to be an absolute embarrassment to the sport of MMA, this whole event ended up being worse than even the most cynical pundits predicted it would be.
Seriously, what the hell kind of main event was that? As ridiculous an idea as it was in the first place to have a retired 49 year old man fight a 1-embarrassing-fight-removed-from-being-retired 52 year old man, the fight was even more ridiculous. Gracie looked like he hadn't done a single physical activity since he retired, and Shamrock somehow lost the standup battle against Royce Gracie, something that's probably never happened to anyone before, not even including the fact that he's 49 and retired.
And the end of the fight was, at best, weird, and at worst, WWE-esque. Shamrock's remarkably late reaction to the low blow was one thing, but his over-the-top, overly showey "You did that on purpose!!" screaming, finger pointing charade was just too much to stomach. It looked so staged and forced that I expected Tito to come out from under the cage in a suit and sunglasses and hit him in the back with a folding chair.

This was bad. Really, really bad.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Well I think Bellator should be held accountable. The walk from the dressing room to the ring was obviously so far that both Kimbo and Dada were gassed by the time they got to the ring. I think a wheel chair to get to the ring plus oxygen could have helped both the boys out.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:05 pm

stock wrote:
I agree with a lot of what bamage said.  Once you get past what Bellator really is, it can certainly be watchable.
I actually don't mind seeing the old washed up guys fight, but why not come up a "seniors" division with some different rules (maybe shorter rounds and more aggressive standups and separation when there are stalls or no improvement in positions).

thats a great idea.

i think that would be something that can be enjoyable to a certain extent. name it the legends division and run them on the preliminary cards or something.

Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:

stock wrote:

......except in this case. This was as close to unwatchable as I've seen.
On top of the Kimbo/Dada fight that is universally agreed to be an absolute embarrassment to the sport of MMA, this whole event ended up being worse than even the most cynical pundits predicted it would be.
Seriously, what the hell kind of main event was that? As ridiculous an idea as it was in the first place to have a retired 49 year old man fight a 1-embarrassing-fight-removed-from-being-retired 52 year old man, the fight was even more ridiculous. Gracie looked like he hadn't done a single physical activity since he retired, and Shamrock somehow lost the standup battle against Royce Gracie, something that's probably never happened to anyone before, not even including the fact that he's 49 and retired.
And the end of the fight was, at best, weird, and at worst, WWE-esque. Shamrock's remarkably late reaction to the low blow was one thing, but his over-the-top, overly showey "You did that on purpose!!" screaming, finger pointing charade was just too much to stomach. It looked so staged and forced that I expected Tito to come out from under the cage in a suit and sunglasses and hit him in the back with a folding chair.

This was bad. Really, really bad.

Its true. that card set mma back. My 12 year old was like dad this is horrible you could see better fights in my cafeteria at school. he wasnt lying.

kimbo- just leave. his punches are pathetic his time has passed. i wouldnt mind watching him make a few youtube videos now but thats about it.

ken shamrock- how many fixed fights has this guy had? franklin, kimbo, gracie, and the list is much longer. he is the true problem for bellator. ken is a legend to Hardcore fans but to the people that are attracted to bellator he is an old washed up juice head who is stuck in the past. cut shamrock out and id like bellator a lot more.

royce gracie- he looked the same way he did at UFC 1 and to be honest i was excited to see him in the cage and i would have loved to see him fight someone else but i settled for shamrock. i wouldnt have any issue watching gracie fight again.

this is the first card that i watched in shock. i only watched it because it was soooooo bad. i couldnt stop. i was saying the entire time could you imagine what coker is thinking.. lol must have been a lot of talking backstage
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5723

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:09 pm

The price was right too!
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22842

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Bellator 149 Turd_s10
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:53 pm

Oh no!!!! There's TWO shit show fighters now??
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Take your pick:
Turd Ferguson or Doo-doo 500
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 1:53 pm

sad that kimbo slice is a multimillionaire.
hes the type of guy that wears the jeans with all of the nba logos all over them with a doo rag and timberlands.
you know the kind of guy you walk by on the street and you pray your daughter never gets into hip hop music...
I could only imagine how much his accountant has robbed from him...
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Apparently Dada had 2 heart attacks and kidney failure in his fight against Kimbo... how the hell did he get medically cleared in the first place?
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 am

damn someone dropped the ball somewhere.. that's really crazy to think that something like that happened in a fight for a major org..

that would have been terrible for mma if dada literally died in the ring.. crazy to even think about that

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bellator 149 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bellator 149   Bellator 149 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bellator 149
Page 1 of 1