The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Vote_lcap1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Voting_bar1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Vote_lcap1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Voting_bar1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

the list is growing

Go down 
+3
Krieger
the commie
Gecko
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10239

1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 10:56 am

in regards to shields all of his wins were by split decision
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59431

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 12:11 pm

I don't really have the ability to cut and paste on my new phone, so I can't break down each and every point individually that you're wrong about, but basically you're now splitting hairs and being hypocritical about the value/standing of the fighters going to Bellator as opposed to the fighters going to other orgs like WSOF. You say people hated seeing Sheilds fight even though he was a top fighter, and all of his notable wins were split decisions, so nobody cared that he left. That is a spot on description of Ben Henderson, yet you're pushing him like he's this fantastic pickup for Bellator.
With Okami, I don't really remember there being this huge buzz that you're referring to when he left. People went "Really?" and Dana went "Yep, he's gotta move on because he doesn't really have a place here anymore" and everyone said cool, and moved on. And yes, Dana did say Okami is just blocking the path of contenders. If he doesn't feel that way about the other guys you mentioned, that's on him, not me. Again, you're debating me about things I never argued.

And the past quotes from me that you're pulling as a means to say I'm changing my stance is at best, splitting hairs. Never once did I say these guys are bad fighters like you keep trying to imply. I said castoffs, rejects, etc. because of the UFC's lack of desire to keep them, which is not a direct reflection of their talent.
And me calling them "top" fighters is one thing. Bellator calling them the "best" fighters is a completely different thing (they haven't yet, but I said they're inevitably going to, if you wanna go pull that quote, too), so my statement is not contradictory as you're trying to paint it.

But we're getting way off topic. We can argue over which fighter is more valuable than which or if calling Bellator a UFC Graveyard is shitting on Bellator (it's not, it's a factual observation), but in the end, you clearly are much more excited about these signing than I am and are much more invested in this discussion than me. I admit that at this point I'm more or less just debating for the sake of debate.

I hope Bellator keeps on keeping on and becomes the worldwide leader in employing fighters 3 years from retirement. That can be their thing. I'd rather see former UFC fighters go down swinging in Bellator than in regional circuits.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 3:07 pm

reread what i wrote.

i said i hated seeing shields leave and wish he stayed in the ufc and i noted that he didnt win against a top 5or 10 fighter during his stint in the ufc. i just pointed out split decisions were his only wins didnt saying anything more or less.

i did however say that people hated seeing fitch fight and most people didnt care that he got cut because of his style of fighting in the ufc. can you possibly argue that jon fitch was probably the most criticized fighter on the ufc roster in the history of zuffa? thats not splitting hairs thats just stating an obvious fact. hes a great fighter at what he does and he continues to stay actibve and fight good competition. nothing bad coming from my mouth about fitch or wsof.

comparing jake shields with a ufc record of 4-3-1 with a win over 1 top 10 fighter to ben henderson 11-3 with him winning a belt defending it 3 times and essentially the entire roster of fighters were either champions, title eliminators, or top 5 guys is crazy. just a weird fact that the guys he won decisions over have been finished 19 times out of a total of 209 fights and clay guida had 10 of the 19 finishes. ben henderson shows up to fight but like shields and fitch and the majority of the other fighters hes hard to market but unlike fitch and somewhat shields he shows up to fight and mixes it up and for that reason alone he is a fantastic pick up for bellator.

i never said or thought you called these guys bad fighters all i did was use your own words that you typed. Yes you used words like rejects, catsoffs, the graveyard, if this one wins the belt could they call him champion with a straight face, and i understand what youu were trying to say but the whole argument is that the UFC did try to keep them....... You just said the lack of desire to keep them... really? did you hear about the court case they were going through for rampage? did you hear about the offer that would have provided henderson more money than the other offer from bellator? you call that lack of desire? Rampage is a reject? so much so that they will spend a ton of money on to fight to get him on the ufc roster? bendo is a reject who "hit his ceiling but we will offer you much more money than your previous contract and allow you to compete in 2 weight classes at the same time???

they had phil davis there for almost a full year and he is still ranked and has wins over former ufc champions and bellator champions and they havent marketed him as the "best" fighter in the world. I dont need to pull anymore quotes because i used everything you stated against you but posting it. Your assumptions are yours and they hold no weight. Have you heard anything about ben henderson? Phil Davis? Josh thompson? Josh koscheck? no because bellator doesnt market their fighters as the "best" fighters only ufc shills and joe rogan would do shit like that.

Yes i am excited as i have clearly stated and gave full explanations why. I would argue and say that we are both mutually invested in this discussion since its been a back and forth convo.

to summarize -
im not being a dick or disrespectful in anyway when i say this but i dont give a shit what you think of bendo, rampage, etc as im sure you dont care what i feel about them but to criticize a company that had no foundation and probably no place to be in the MMA world ( because bjorn rebeny was a tool ) but stuck with it and hired new leaders, fighters, policies, creative techniques to delight the fans, kickboxing, legends fights, cross promoting, top tier talent willingly crossing over is a huge thing for the sport and that company. the growth bellator has had in recent months is huge and if it keeps going in that direction it will 100% be a strong competitor against the ufc. will it ever be as big or bigger than the ufc i doubt it but i think they will be much more than just a thorn in the side.

my luck after typing all this shit bellator will file for bankruptcy or viacom will drop them... im finished discussing and thanks for your input trigg
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 4:00 pm

I agree to disagree. We've clearly hit an impasse, and this conversation has clearly run its course......

........just like Henderson, Davis, and Rampage's UFC careers!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 6:33 pm

you see but henderson, davis and rampage all........... lol!
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Heh you guys....

You both have good points.... now just hug and make up! clown clown
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 5:37 pm

1 - the list is growing - Page 2 57815910
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:54 pm

wandy out of retirement... signed with bellator..

hope we get to see wandy vs leben2 or wandy doug marshall/ manhoef/ schlemenko
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35179

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:55 pm

Wandy/Tyson FTW
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22837

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:07 pm

I wanna see who they set Wandy up against, there are definitely some exciting possibilities!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 8:48 pm

He's apparently going to be competing in the "DadBodweight" division.

om/view/16781466/446]1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Image010[/url]
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 8:56 pm

What... that's not real is it? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

It is indeed. It's from the Instagram of whoever that guy is with him.

https://www.instagram.com/thedoctorspider/
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5718

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 10:23 am

Wanderlei Silva vs Dada 5000 ..... woot.... yea What a Face
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 11:43 am

Triggerman99 wrote:
It is indeed. It's from the Instagram of whoever that guy is with him.

https://www.instagram.com/thedoctorspider/
Wow... I don't even know what to say to that... I was hoping it was just a good photoshop... MY GOD MAN!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 12:02 pm

205 vs king mo

wandy vs chael

maybe even wandy vs rampage. again
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 2:19 pm

matt mitrione just signed with bellator!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Lol!!!

Freaking Meathead.
Quick, name Mitrione's biggest win........

I'll give you a hint.
It's Kimbo Slice back in 2010.
(Or maybe if you want to go more along the actual MMA fighter road, Gabriel Gonzaga in Gonzaga's 2nd of back-to-back-to-back losses).

Glad for Matt though. He's more likely to get some favorable matchups there. I think he topped out in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 4:05 pm

no big wins to mention...
exciting fighter who will do great..
I hope these guys boost the ratings.
bellator needs to keep chipping away
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm

1 - the list is growing - Page 2 56890910
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:51 am

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Rory MacDonald signed with bellator...

next up will be Lorenz larkin!!
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 2:22 pm

huge pick up for bellator!!!
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 12:39 am

Figured he'd wanna stick around since Lawler lost and the door to the title is once again open.
Guess he's more interested in money at this point in his career. Given the way he fought against Thompson, going down to Bellator is probably the smarter move for him.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:58 am

I don't know man if Thompson gave him that hard of a time I don't think koreshkov will be that much different. he has very unique angles and strikes in an unorthodox way which seems to be a problem for macdonald. I think MVP might give rory a problem as well.

maybe we will see rory move up to 185 if he doesn't get the title at ww.

I cant wait to hear the offer bellator gave to him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

the list is growing
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next