The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
1 - the list is growing - Page 3 Vote_lcap1 - the list is growing - Page 3 Voting_bar1 - the list is growing - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
1 - the list is growing - Page 3 Vote_lcap1 - the list is growing - Page 3 Voting_bar1 - the list is growing - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

the list is growing

Go down 
+3
Krieger
the commie
Gecko
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59402

1 - the list is growing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 2:50 am

Did anyone else see that fight tonight?
It was such a Bellator type of fight.

Unsatisfying? Check.
Abnormal? Check.
Mismatch? Check.
Former UFC fighter getting fast tracked to a title shot?
Check.

Gotta love this charade.

Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

Standard Cash : 10210

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 9:58 am

dude what the fuck happened? how did he break his leg? that looked like BS to me. the way Henderson is fighting I'm confident chandler will make easy work of him.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 11:19 am

Yeah I don't know wtf that was.
I don't think it was staged (but this IS Bellator afterall, so who knows), but it was maybe a little bit of Pitbull looking for the easy way out. He seemed to be doing alright, but who knows what was going on in his head.

And Henderson.....bleh. Now he's not only boring as fuck to watch, but he's also becoming a shit fighter.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 5:25 pm

I thought pitbull was easily winning that fight. Henderson wasn't doing anything except trying to not get hit and that wasn't working to well for him.

I like Henderson and I hope he gets a spark back into his fight game but enough with those drawn out religious speeches at the end of his shitty fights. there should be a ban when fighters go off on rants like that.

if he loses to chandler I have no idea what will be next for smooth
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5689

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 10:35 am

Henderson looked broken too, I think he was kinda relieved Pitbull fell over. As for God watching Bellator.... naw he was busy watching Big Brother.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:19 am

chael mother fucking sonnen signs with bellator
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Just saw an article that he "left the UFC to sign with Bellator".
OK......that may technically be true, but come on. That's just a bit misleading, don't you think? He was retired because he got busted, and if the UFC wanted him, they would've brought him back when his suspension was over.
He signed with Bellator. That's all.
I'm betting there wasn't exactly a battle for his services. Lol
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 9:01 am

I don't even think he is really interested in fighting. I think he believes that he could compete against conor McGregor in promoting a company and that's why he is with bellator. maybe I'm crazy but I think this is a pissing contest for chael to allow him to be as crazy as possible to promote bellator.

I wouldn't mind watching chael vs king mo, mcgeery, wandy, or rampage tho.

id love to know the figures bellator gave to him.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35150

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 10:13 am

Chael vs Carwin
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:10 am

drainbamage wrote:
I think this is a pissing contest for chael to allow him to be as crazy as possible to promote bellator.

I think this is spot on.

We may have seen Chael go a little overboard in between the Anderson Silva fights, but something tells me we haven't seen nothin yet!

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 11:44 am

ive always stood by bellator but I have a feeling its going to turn into an even bigger shit show with all the bullshit chael will present..

I really thought coker was going to take it away from the shenanigans and bs but maybe I was wrong. time will tell. I just hope they keep padding the roster there

Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:11 am

Yeah I honestly can say I don't want that to be the case, but the writing has been on the wall for quite some time now.
Ever since that whole Bonnar/Ortiz cheesy pro wrestling embarrassment (and completely reinforced by the Kimbo/Dada/Shamrock/Gracie shitshow) it's been pretty obvious what direction Bellator was arcing toward.

This is going to be bad. Very bad.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22808

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 2:43 pm

Bellator is gaining ground without even trying imo... simply because the UFC is slowly failing and falling apart. That's why these guys leave in the first place... I think it's time to face it. UFC has recently made some horrible business moves which has hurt the fighters only... but put a ton of $$$ in the pockets of the execs. That's why I think we will continue to see more and more larger names jumping ship.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Chael was a great promoter for the UFC and I don't see how bringing him on is a bad move. He can talk the talk and walk the walk. No other fighter in Bellator can promote as well as he does, whether he still has the fight in him has yet to be seen... but he sure as hell will put asses in the seats.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 7:21 pm

The issue isn't with the growth of Bellator. It's the means by which they're getting that growth and what they're growing into.
They're almost making a mockery of the sport of MMA by unapologetically putting ridiculous fights out there at the tops of their cards.
Sure, the UFC does it once in awhile like the CM Punk thing, but they at least have the decency to try and pass it off as something legitimate. Bellator has a CM Punk fight roughly once a month and don't even try to hide it.

I just can't get on board with an organization that wipes their ass with legitimate, competitive MMA on a constant basis, no matter how many washed up UFC fighters they let in the door.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 12:09 pm

you know its pretty funny whats going on here.

we are all focused on the fighters that are leaving the ufc to go to bellator but what we aren't really paying attention to is the fighters leaving bellator to go to the ufc.

today the ufc signed another bellator fighter - the ex hw champ alexander volkov.

that's a pretty good roster of fighters that have switched from bellator to the ufc.

the next one the ufc will pick up is Emanuel newton.. bellator cut him
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Yeah it's just because thats part for the course; fighters strive to get the UFC. That's usually the ultimate goal. It's not really surprising, whether they're coming from Bellator or somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
drainbamage
Title Holder
Title Holder
drainbamage

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 am

gegard mousasi to bellator....

whoa
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Not surprising at all.
He wanted to be fast tracked to a title shot he didn't earn.
Well Bellator has certainly shown that they have no reservations about doing just that.

Perfect place for him at this point in his career.

Last edited by Triggerman99 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 am

I can't see how he isn't deserving of a UFC title shot at this point... 5 fight win streak with the last 4 of those wins being TKOs. Who else is more deserving at this point really? But with the double titles right now I suppose it could be tied up for a bit...

I would assume they would like to give him an immediate shot at the Bellator title.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 7:32 pm

I just said he hasn't "earned" it.
If there's just a clusterfuck of a bunch of guys who don't stand out from each other and you just have to pick somebody, I wouldn't say the guy you picked "earned" it.

But that's not really my point. My point is that almost certainly he will be given an immediate title shot in Bellator, just like all other UFC middle-of-pack fighters they get, and it just reinforces their status as a lesser organization.
Just once I'd like to see them make one of these guys earn it.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Triggerman99 wrote:
I just said he hasn't "earned" it.
If there's just a clusterfuck of a bunch of guys who don't stand out from each other and you just have to pick somebody, I wouldn't say the guy you picked "earned" it.

But that's not really my point. My point is that almost certainly he will be given an immediate title shot in Bellator, just like all other UFC middle-of-pack fighters they get, and it just reinforces their status as a lesser organization.
Just once I'd like to see them make one of these guys earn it.

Right... but my point was that he has clearly earned that shot at this point. He was rank 5 in the world before his last win that was against #4, which basically puts him at #1 contender after the interim Champ. I just don't see how he could be considered a "UFC middle-of-pack fighter"... unless we're just calling anyone that's not a UFC Champ "middle-of-pack".
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 4:32 pm

Add Frank Mur
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 1:12 am

Fedor vs Mir for the 2017 version on the 2005 championship of the Bellator version of a world title!!!

War! War! War!

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the list is growing   1 - the list is growing - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

the list is growing
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3