The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! Vote_lcapCourt lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! Voting_barCourt lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! Vote_lcapCourt lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! Voting_barCourt lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! Empty
PostSubject: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:53 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nevada-court-overturns-wanderlei-silvas-lifetime-ban-192940572--mma.html

Okay the last part isn't true....lol just figured i had to spice it up to get people to read this.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyMon May 18, 2015 4:03 pm

So if he's allowed to fight again, is he going to, and pretend like he never said that all promotions were basically evil and he would never fight for one again?
I'm betting his tone will change quite a bit from the post-drug test fleeing, pre-suspension announcement "The UFC is the enemy! We need to band together against them!" toned rant into something a little more company man-like. lol
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyMon May 18, 2015 4:16 pm

^^^^^^^^^

Trigg buddy i would disagree with you but then we would both be wrong... lol!
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyTue May 19, 2015 5:47 am

Lol @ Wandy.

Still makes me laugh.

"I am officially retiring because the evil UFC has stolen my love for the sport"

One day later it is announced that he is banned for life.

haha.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:19 am

Yeah, that cost him major respect points in my book. He goes on this big heartfelt rant, painting the sport as this soul-sucking abyss and how he'd love to still compete, but he's been victimized by the pure evil of it and woe is me! Poor, poor me! Then the very next day, like FistK said, we hear that he pulled the ultimate coward move and literally ran away to avoid getting caught cheating.

If he has any credibility left, Im having a real hard time seeing it, even when I squint.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyWed May 20, 2015 7:43 am

Yeah and just wait until he suddenly finds his love for the sport again after his ban is lifted...
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyWed May 20, 2015 2:18 pm

K ... let me get this straight... the NSAC has no credibility.... Silva has no credibility.... the UFC has lost credibility.... Dana and Joe.... well...

Does anyone miss the days where Tank Abbott just wanted to punch someone in the face for a few grand and go get a beer?
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyWed May 20, 2015 3:28 pm

I miss the days where two guys just wanted to knock a guy out or submit the other guy as quickly as possible. And they didn't get all butt hurt about not gettinga full 12 week camp full of game planning and strategy.

I also miss the days of fewer weight classes and stacked cards I could actually get excited about.
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyWed May 20, 2015 3:28 pm

I miss the days where two guys just wanted to knock a guy out or submit the other guy as quickly as possible. And they didn't get all butt hurt about not gettinga full 12 week camp full of game planning and strategy.

I also miss the days of fewer weight classes and stacked cards I could actually get excited about.
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! EmptyWed May 20, 2015 3:46 pm

I'm not even asking for THAT much!
I just miss the days when if you cheated, you got punished, everybody moved along, and that was it.
Fighter A gets caught using steroids. Commission suspends Fighter A. Fighter A does his time and comes back and fights again. Fighter B shuts the hell up and doesn't feel the need to provide his opinion on the matter. Dana doesn't pick and choose who to defend and who to chastise. Fighters fight. Fans watch. That's it.
Now we got the commissions double talking and back-tracking to cover their own incompetence, fighters getting on their high horses and singing their own praises every time another fighter gets caught cheating. Dana bouncing all over the place from one end of the scale to the other about who should be punished how hard for what and to whom we should grant leniency, and excuses upon excuses from fighters about how they didn't take or didn't know they were taking illegal substances.

Remember when MMA news sites were predominantly about actual MMA competition, and not about bi-laws, lawyers, appeals, rule interpretations, commission hearings, and accusations?
That was a fun time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!   Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Court lifts Wandy life time ban. gets winner of Weidman/Belfort!!!
Page 1 of 1