The MMA Standard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC & MMA News, Updates, Discussion & Virtual Betting

UFC & MMA NewsMMA RankingsHomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in
Most active topic starters
Chrom
Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Vote_lcapJon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Voting_barJon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Vote_rcap 
Triggerman99
Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Vote_lcapJon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Voting_barJon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Vote_rcap 
drainbamage
Gecko
9Teen_AT4
Krieger
butterknifeninja
stock
FistK
samger2
Latest topics
Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Affiliates
free forum

Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title

Go down 
+4
Grey Suit
Chrom
Gecko
Triggerman99
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Quote :
The UFC has stripped Jon Jones of his light heavyweight title and suspended the 27-year-old indefinitely as a result of his alleged involvement with a hit-and-run over the weekend.

The news was announced on tonight’s edition of FOX Sports Live. UFC President Dana White also explained the decision.

“He didn’t say a lot,” White said of his conversation with Jones. “Obviously he’s got to handle his legal proceedings. His lawyer didn’t say much. We basically went in there – what we wanted to find out was what the facts were. A lot of things are being said out there about what happened that day. A lot of them are untrue. A lot of them are speculation and we wanted to hear Jon’s side of the story and we wanted to hear what his lawyer had to say about it.”

“Obviously he’s very disappointed. He’s upset. He wanted to go down as one of the greats, or the greatest ever. He’s disappointed, but it is what it is. It’s the decision we had to make.”
As a result of Jones’ (21-1 MMA, 15-1 UFC) suspension, Daniel Cormier (15-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) will step in to face Anthony Johnson (19-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) for the vacant 205-pound belt in the main event of UFC 187 on May 23. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena.

“Obviously we have a guy like Jon Jones who has defended his title as many times as he has – and for us to go in and have to strip him of his title and suspend him, it’s not fun,” White said. “But as they say, the show goes on. Anthony Johnson is ready for this fight, and Daniel Cormier was beyond pumped to get this opportunity. What makes it even easier is Cormier is the type of guy that, as soon as he heard it, he said, ‘I’m ready. Put me in. I want this opportunity. I’m your guy.’ He was blowing me and Lorenzo (Fertitta) up from the moment he heard about this.”

Cormier was originally scheduled to face Ryan Bader at UFC Fight Night 68 on June 6. There is no word on a potential replacement.

Jones, who allegedly fled the scene of a hit-and-run Sunday in Albuquerque, is accused of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injuries, a felony charge with a penalty of up to three years in prison. A 25-year-old pregnant woman whose car Jones struck suffered a fractured arm and wrist, which elevated the charge from a misdemeanor. There was no plea entered by Jones and his first court appearance today.

When asked if Jones’ time in the octagon could be over forever, White was hesitant to give a decisive answer.”

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,” White said. “We have suspended him indefinitely. Obviously he needs to focus on his legal matters right now and, I don’t know, we’ll see what happens.”

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Ho.
Ly.
Shit.

I honestly did not see this coming! I figured it'd be swept under the rug as best as possible.
Props to Dana and the UFC for doing the right thing here.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/jon-jones-stripped-of-ufc-title-cormier-meets-johnson-for-vacant-belt-at-ufc-187
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Title Holder
Title Holder
Gecko

Standard Cash : 15331

Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 am

They really needed to do this. Between this and all the other crap he pulled. it was time for him to face the music. The UFC needs to show that no matter who you are, you are not above the rules.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:39 am

Wow... right move... but... how crazy is this shit!? I can't remember the last time a pro-athlete has been in this much shit, so often.

Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Jon_jo10
Back to top Go down
Grey Suit
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grey Suit

Standard Cash : 31185

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 am

Triggerman99 wrote:

Quote :
The UFC has stripped Jon Jones of his light heavyweight title and suspended the 27-year-old indefinitely as a result of his alleged involvement with a hit-and-run over the weekend.

The news was announced on tonight’s edition of FOX Sports Live. UFC President Dana White also explained the decision.

“He didn’t say a lot,” White said of his conversation with Jones. “Obviously he’s got to handle his legal proceedings. His lawyer didn’t say much. We basically went in there – what we wanted to find out was what the facts were. A lot of things are being said out there about what happened that day. A lot of them are untrue. A lot of them are speculation and we wanted to hear Jon’s side of the story and we wanted to hear what his lawyer had to say about it.”

“Obviously he’s very disappointed. He’s upset. He wanted to go down as one of the greats, or the greatest ever. He’s disappointed, but it is what it is. It’s the decision we had to make.”
As a result of Jones’ (21-1 MMA, 15-1 UFC) suspension, Daniel Cormier (15-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) will step in to face Anthony Johnson (19-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) for the vacant 205-pound belt in the main event of UFC 187 on May 23. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena.

“Obviously we have a guy like Jon Jones who has defended his title as many times as he has – and for us to go in and have to strip him of his title and suspend him, it’s not fun,” White said. “But as they say, the show goes on. Anthony Johnson is ready for this fight, and Daniel Cormier was beyond pumped to get this opportunity. What makes it even easier is Cormier is the type of guy that, as soon as he heard it, he said, ‘I’m ready. Put me in. I want this opportunity. I’m your guy.’ He was blowing me and Lorenzo (Fertitta) up from the moment he heard about this.”

Cormier was originally scheduled to face Ryan Bader at UFC Fight Night 68 on June 6. There is no word on a potential replacement.

Jones, who allegedly fled the scene of a hit-and-run Sunday in Albuquerque, is accused of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injuries, a felony charge with a penalty of up to three years in prison. A 25-year-old pregnant woman whose car Jones struck suffered a fractured arm and wrist, which elevated the charge from a misdemeanor. There was no plea entered by Jones and his first court appearance today.

When asked if Jones’ time in the octagon could be over forever, White was hesitant to give a decisive answer.”

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,” White said. “We have suspended him indefinitely. Obviously he needs to focus on his legal matters right now and, I don’t know, we’ll see what happens.”

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Ho.
Ly.
Shit.

I honestly did not see this coming! I figured it'd be swept under the rug as best as possible.
Props to Dana and the UFC for doing the right thing here.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/jon-jones-stripped-of-ufc-title-cormier-meets-johnson-for-vacant-belt-at-ufc-187

I figured this was going to happen after it was announced the the pregnant woman was injured.
Back to top Go down
Krieger
Title Holder
Title Holder
Krieger

Standard Cash : 5738

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 am

Agree, didn't think they'd pull the trigger on Jon. On the other side of it I suspect he will be dealt with quickly by pleading guilty and paying a fine and moving on. He'll be back in the ring in under a year. IMO
Back to top Go down
stock
Top 10 King
Top 10 King
stock

Standard Cash : 35199

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:58 pm

I wonder how much influence Reebok had on the UFC's decision.
You know they don't want this fuckup wearing their gear.
Back to top Go down
Chrom
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chrom

Standard Cash : 22857

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Yeah, Reebok yanked their sponsorship of Jones immediately.

So, thats two big athletic sponsorships he's lost due to fuckin up. Nike & Reebok

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
norcalmatt
Pro Fighter
Pro Fighter

Standard Cash : 16396

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 3:14 pm

im not so sure he'll be fighting again in under a year. At first I thought he would be back soon based on rampage and his car accident but then I started thinking and I don't remember for sure but I don't think rampage was in a hit and run. By jones running from the scene he elevated his charges to a felony and I think will have some jail time. The legal experts are saying his crimes get up to 3 years.....so Im betting he gets at least 1 year.....it would be a whole different story if this was his 1st offence but with his rap sheet looking how it does, I see bars in his future.
Back to top Go down
FistK
Title Holder
Title Holder
FistK

Standard Cash : 12617

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:34 am

I just wish he got in trouble after getting ktfo by Rumble Sad
Back to top Go down
Triggerman99
Title Holder
Title Holder
Triggerman99

Standard Cash : 59451

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:21 pm

FistK wrote:
I just wish he got in trouble after getting ktfo by Rumble Sad

Yup, I see a raging case of the whatifs in our future!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title   Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones Stripped of UFC Lightheavyweight Belt, Suspended Indefinitely!!! Rumble vs Cormier for Vacant Title
Page 1 of 1